Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 Leafs - playoffs?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest2814 Posted - 01/26/2011 : 12:19:06
Will the Leafs Make The Playoffs
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hockeyrocks101 Posted - 03/30/2011 : 16:27:08
sorta?
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 03/07/2011 : 16:19:55
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Sorry Guest, but any poll asking me if a team will make the playoffs and has options for answers such as: maybe, sorta, baby monkey and never is really a waste of everyone's time. I hope that was your purpose, and if it was, you've succeeded with a few of us who've bothered to reply to yet another stupid poll....

I actual found it funny and read another boring Leaf post because of it.
doublechamp7 Posted - 01/27/2011 : 14:13:04
I think they will in 3 years. They are a young team with some potential. Once Kadri comes into his own along with some teammates ( and firing Wilson might help it along) then they will be a 7th-8th place team. Just one question though guest2814, how can you "sorta" make the playoffs. Last time I checked, you were either in or out.

Bring back the Jets!
The Duke Posted - 01/26/2011 : 16:55:47
I hate to admit it but...no way this year, those losses to Carolina and TB halted what ever hope was left.

Theres only 1 bright spot in this chain of events, at least the leafs won`t be close by trade dead-line causing Burke to hang to some bubble players for a playoff push.

Right now i`m am certainly not hoping for any win streak, i hope they stay well behind so Burke can pay his full attention to re-vamping the team for next season, this one is a wash.
Alex116 Posted - 01/26/2011 : 15:00:05
Sorry Guest, but any poll asking me if a team will make the playoffs and has options for answers such as: maybe, sorta, baby monkey and never is really a waste of everyone's time. I hope that was your purpose, and if it was, you've succeeded with a few of us who've bothered to reply to yet another stupid poll....
Porkchop73 Posted - 01/26/2011 : 14:41:50
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I will say this, the Leafs will make the playoffs. It's just figuring out what year. It is not this year, that is for sure. However, with some FA pick ups and some improvements from their vast list of underachievers this year (I am talking to you Phaneuf), then I can see them fighting for a playoff spot next season. That's fighting for it, not being there. At best, I can't see them being more than a marginal playoff team that would most likely play a powerhouse and get punted in the first round. But who cares, playoffs are playoffs and gaining the experience is vital for that teams success in the future.

Next year is likely, the following year I would say for certain.

Beans, is that you or did someone hijack your profile!!!
Beans15 Posted - 01/26/2011 : 14:09:02
I will say this, the Leafs will make the playoffs. It's just figuring out what year. It is not this year, that is for sure. However, with some FA pick ups and some improvements from their vast list of underachievers this year (I am talking to you Phaneuf), then I can see them fighting for a playoff spot next season. That's fighting for it, not being there. At best, I can't see them being more than a marginal playoff team that would most likely play a powerhouse and get punted in the first round. But who cares, playoffs are playoffs and gaining the experience is vital for that teams success in the future.

Next year is likely, the following year I would say for certain.
Guest4178 Posted - 01/26/2011 : 12:49:46
C'mon, enough about the Leafs! (This is not directed to you Guest2814 – there's already lots of chat about the Leafs on this site.)

It would take a near miracle for the Leafs to make the playoffs. They're 12 points back, with three teams ahead of them trying to make the cut.

A more relevant (or realistic) question would be "are the defending champs (Hawks) going to make the playoffs, or "are the Sharks going to make the playoffs?"

If you want to keep it in Canada, then how about "are the Flames going to make the playoffs?" They're now only four points back of a playoff spot, so at least, they have a chance!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page