Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Inconclusive?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sahis34 Posted - 05/05/2015 : 21:08:44
Something needs to be done on how goals are reviewed. because that Calgary goal was way in

Go OILERS Go!!!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 05/07/2015 : 07:40:25
Ryan.....I said the same thing to my buddy last night. It looks in 99.9% from that front angle as you can see some white ice between the goal line and the puck, but strangely you can't see that from above? I know the above angle is offset more in some rinks than others but they had a really good "above angle" there and it wasn't conclusive.

I think the NHL said it best. If they'd overturned it and called it a goal, there'd have been thousands of Ducks fans upset. We all know the rule. It has to be conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the ice and there just wasn't in this case. Had the call on the ice been "GOAL", it would have stood for the same reasons. I don't blame the ref one iota on this as there's no way he'd have been able to tell it was in!
ryan93 Posted - 05/06/2015 : 18:38:11
After seeing the overhead angles, and after watching HNIC tonight, I'm no longer convinced it was a goal. I think the right call was made on the play.
Alex116 Posted - 05/06/2015 : 14:03:37
Crossbar cams have been discussed for a while now and we'll prob see them eventually. As with all bad calls, they usually even out over the year but yes this particular one could hqve been very damaging to Calgary. Nice to see them come back and win it but I'm willing to bet
that without that "no goal" call, they don't get the coincidental minors at the end and only the goalie interference is called.

Regardless, what was looking like a likely sweep is now a more interesting series. I still hin the d***s wrap this up in 5 but that Calgary youth is not gonna just walk away from this!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page