Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Do You Hate Darcy Tucker?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ripley Posted - 10/13/2006 : 18:13:22
Why does everyone hate Darcy Tucker of the Toronto Maple Leafs? He busts his butt every night and plays with more intensity than almost any other player in the league. I get that he aggravates other teams and fans, but he's not that 'dirty'. Why the hate-on for this guy?

BTW great article on him:
http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=h101331A

40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest6135 Posted - 03/05/2011 : 13:51:35
quote:
Originally posted by ToXXiK1

If you met him in person, he'd kick your ass.

No he wouldnt, buddy, Tucker's one the league's all time biggest [Mod Edit - unsavory language], plus, he's too old to fight anymore... I'm glad he's out of the league now...
ToXXiK1 Posted - 03/05/2011 : 07:33:56
If you met him in person, he'd kick your ass.
Guest9906 Posted - 03/05/2011 : 06:54:54
Wow nice to hear Tucker is retired. If I meet him in person I'd spit in his face
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 03/11/2008 : 13:49:42
haha wow! you would fit right in with Leafs management! I can completely see them letting Sundin walk and trying to resign Tucker and keep him for the face of the franchise for the next few years. Tucker is better than SUndin???? Are you out of your mind? Lets compare stats:
Tucker
Career: 194 goals, 234 assists, 428 points, +/- -67, and 36 gamewinners in 801 games
Best season: (2005-2006) 28 goals, 33 assists, 61 points, +/- -12, 4 gamewinners (*note: he was on Sundin's line)
Playoff Stats: 10 goals, 11 assists, 21 points, +/- -5, and 3 gamewinners in 62 games
SUndin
Career: 554 goals, 764 assists, 1318 points, +/- 75, and 94 gamewinners in 1301 games
Best Season: (1996-1997) 41 goals, 53 assists, 94 points, +/- 6, 7 gamewinners
Playoff Stats: 35 goals, 39 assists, 74 points, +/-3, and 7 gamewinners in 83 games

Can you honestly say with a straight face that Tucker is a better player than Sundin? Sure, Sundin might not be dishing out the dirty hits and throwing the elbows to make himself look "passionate" about the game, but he does other stuff to help the team. Like scoring goals. And setting up teammates to score goals. And actually lead the team instead of sitting in the penalty box.

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4028

I am a Vancouver fan, definitely not a Leafs fan...but let me just get to my point. Toronto was 5th in the conference about a third of the way in to the season. This was when he was the leader on the team because Sundin had been out with injury. Tucker was playing on the first line and he was making things happen, posting over a point per game and proving he is an important asset to the team, especially on the PP. Mats Sundin comes back from injury, and look what happened. He took back over his role as the number 1 man in TO, and we saw where they ended up. 8 games later, after failing to win even 1 hockey game, they had fallen out of the playoffs. Amidst this span, Tucker was injured and since, TO has not been able to get themselves back into the playoffs. Tucker has been back for about 10 games now, and since then, TO has leaped back in a winning direction and now at least has a shot at making it in. I say keep Tucker, lose Sundin.

Go Canucks

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
tbar Posted - 03/10/2008 : 14:52:35
quote:
Originally posted by nazzy_19

Being a west-coaster, I automatically despise any team east of the rockies... but when it comes to individual players, there are a few that have a certain level of respect in my books...

Darcy Tucker is not one of them.

Although he does bust it out there every night, he's still a whiny little b!tch, and honestly needs to learn how to skate. He's a train wreck! Sort of reminds me of what Tie Domi would've been if he hadn't been dropped on his head multiple times as a baby, trimmed his eyebrows and skated a little bit better.

Domi was the fastest skater in the leafs line-up acording to their anual skills comp held by the Leafs.
Guest6727 Posted - 03/10/2008 : 13:09:29
Darcy kicks ass, he does whatever he can to help his team win. what more can you ask of a player? heres a guy who isnt a 30 goal scorer, or a heavyweight when it comes to fighting but has managed to find a balance and make himself a valuable asset to any club. While injuries have definatley slowed him down the past season you have to give the guy credit for giving it his all to make a career in the nhl. Don't forget guys like Mark Messier and Dino Ciccerelli were a******s on the ice and pretty dirty players themselves but they didn't care what outsiders thought of them. They did whatever it took to win.
Guest6645 Posted - 03/09/2008 : 21:17:01
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Guest9097[/i]
[br]Did you notice Darcy toned it down this year? you know why? could it be that words on this site affect him. Yes you got that right, I heard it first hand. This site or one exactly like it, but I found this one.

People, Darcy is completely different off the ice. AND, if you could make the money he makes, you would figure your niche at what you do to.

Oh wow, apparently I am not the only one who nocticed Tucker has toned it down this year...
Guest6645 Posted - 03/09/2008 : 21:05:31
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Ripley[/i]
[br]Why does everyone hate Darcy Tucker of the Toronto Maple Leafs? He busts his butt every night and plays with more intensity than almost any other player in the league. I get that he aggravates other teams and fans, but he's not that 'dirty'. Why the hate-on for this guy?

BTW great article on him:
http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=h101331A

Not dirty? What Darcy Tucker have you been watching? He has toned it down a bit this season but that was probably because he often had other players taking runs at him to get back at him for his dirty play. Self-preservation.
Guest9097 Posted - 03/09/2008 : 17:51:37
Did you notice Darcy toned it down this year? you know why? could it be that words on this site affect him. Yes you got that right, I heard it first hand. This site or one exactly like it, but I found this one.

People, Darcy is completely different off the ice. AND, if you could make the money he makes, you would figure your niche at what you do to.

Guest4634 Posted - 06/09/2007 : 04:25:22
CLEAN UP THIS TEAM

GET RID OF SCUM BAG DARCY TUCKER

Man I am a serious leafs fan, but when they maintain this type of person like tucker, brings a question to my mind, why am I still a leafs fan? WHY?

Keeping a guy like him on the team, reallyt shows you how trashy the management is. Tucker isnt the kind of guy you invite over for christmas diner. Tucker is a little punk who surprisingly hasnt been taken care of for good on the ice.

He is a kniving, foul mouthed, low class, no respect, cheap, dumb as a rock and may keep me from watching the leafs next year if hes still on the team.

Get rid of TUcker!

He is a nasty person. We do not want our kids to learn from him thats for sure. The guy is a waste of skin.

THanks
Canucks Man Posted - 04/08/2007 : 00:31:01
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4942

I'm guessing people hate Tucker for the same reason I do... because he plays for the leafs.

[img]http://images6.theimagehosting.com/4gg1541.jpg[/img]

GO CANUCKS

I hated Tucker before he played for the leafs

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Guest4942 Posted - 04/08/2007 : 00:21:05
I'm guessing people hate Tucker for the same reason I do... because he plays for the leafs.

[img]http://images6.theimagehosting.com/4gg1541.jpg[/img]

GO CANUCKS
Guest4634 Posted - 04/07/2007 : 23:53:59
I hate Darcy Tucker LOL

I love it!

i've read the comments, obviously fans from divided sides

but when i think of hockey, the game i know, the game i love
and i think about the team i love, the leafs ( they beat habs tonight !! were just waiting on NY Islanders to lose to Devils) hopefully Brodeur plays

but seriously,

Tucker

undeniably, high point holder on the team
did i like him, i did and thats past tense

I have placed some thought into it like from what was said on this blog

Tucker is low-class style player

not high class like sundin

they should trade him, his antics on ice dont leave happy thoughts with me looking back over my teams past 5 years

get rid of tucker, antropov, kilger, mccabe (while you can get something), raycroft, belak, gill

build a new team, contend for a cup

Cheers!
Guest8274 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 07:35:24
ok, it seems to me that all the sens fans hate Tucker....with not really any great reason other than that he got into a fight with Eaves.....big deal, they were both playing in a highly competitive game where emotions run high, dont get me wrong i hate the leafs, but the only player i think that is half decent on that team is Tucker, the guy has heart and he gets his points because he plays with heart, he might not be the most skilled out there, but when a guy plays with that kind of intensity, you cant help but admire him, and i feel bad for the guy playing for the Leafs, and by the way there is no way that Tucker should "kiss the ice Matt skates on" Mats Sundin is a lazy bum, waste if god given talent
manninm Posted - 03/27/2007 : 05:46:02
Tucker's a dirty player by virtue of his aggressive style of play. If you play at the intensity he does every game, like he does, you're bound to have some hits that aren't clean. I think this is how I differentiate a guy like Tucker, who's very easy to hate because of said style, with a guy like Chris Neil, who plays at a high intensity, but goes out there to hurt people.
jbraiter Posted - 03/25/2007 : 18:19:13
i dont really hate tucker i just hate the leafs
PainTrain Posted - 03/25/2007 : 18:01:12
Tucker is good at sneeking back door on the powerplay i just think hes a pretty good player but hes pretty dirty.
semin-rules Posted - 03/25/2007 : 06:53:57
I don't hate Tucker, I think he is a good player, but sometimes he is just stupid...

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Guest4028 Posted - 03/24/2007 : 17:18:42
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

That's rediculous! Sundin is a much better player than Tucker. Sundin is such a life saver in games. He will set up line mates and win a game. Trade Steen, Stajan, McCabe, Kilger, Peca, Tucker or some other player for a mix of stray players. Form some chemistry and get someone to play with Wellwood. Ofcoarse, I'm dreaming. This will never happen with JFJ.

Lets use tonight as an example...a must win game...where is Sundin? Tucker already has 2 goals to show for
Kashmire Posted - 03/24/2007 : 11:11:46
That's rediculous! Sundin is a much better player than Tucker. Sundin is such a life saver in games. He will set up line mates and win a game. Trade Steen, Stajan, McCabe, Kilger, Peca, Tucker or some other player for a mix of stray players. Form some chemistry and get someone to play with Wellwood. Ofcoarse, I'm dreaming. This will never happen with JFJ.
Guest4028 Posted - 03/24/2007 : 10:41:01
I am a Vancouver fan, definitely not a Leafs fan...but let me just get to my point. Toronto was 5th in the conference about a third of the way in to the season. This was when he was the leader on the team because Sundin had been out with injury. Tucker was playing on the first line and he was making things happen, posting over a point per game and proving he is an important asset to the team, especially on the PP. Mats Sundin comes back from injury, and look what happened. He took back over his role as the number 1 man in TO, and we saw where they ended up. 8 games later, after failing to win even 1 hockey game, they had fallen out of the playoffs. Amidst this span, Tucker was injured and since, TO has not been able to get themselves back into the playoffs. Tucker has been back for about 10 games now, and since then, TO has leaped back in a winning direction and now at least has a shot at making it in. I say keep Tucker, lose Sundin.

Go Canucks
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/24/2007 : 10:29:13
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

quote:
Originally posted by Guest0961

Why hate him

Wow, nice waste of space. How about reading the 4 pages of posts instead of asking dumb questions

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche

I've reed all 4 pages and just like Guest0961 I still wonder why poeple seem to hate the guy. He's doing his job, He's earning his money and team comes 1st what else do you want from a man.

Go leafs Go by the way
Novie Posted - 03/24/2007 : 09:23:26
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0961

Why hate him

Wow, nice waste of space. How about reading the 4 pages of posts instead of asking dumb questions

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Guest0961 Posted - 03/23/2007 : 20:46:56
Why hate him

Novie Posted - 03/14/2007 : 05:11:48
quote:
Originally posted by Buddyno2000

quote:
Originally posted by The_only_Odelein_fan

No violence here guys peace and love, hockey and beer!

Lyle Odelein is a god!

Beer or maybee little white pouder might have been the origin off such an acte

Go leafs Go by the way

Wow, the Tucker fans have spoken....

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/13/2007 : 17:15:31
quote:
Originally posted by The_only_Odelein_fan

Lyle Odelein is a god!

Beer or maybee little white pouder might have been the origin off such an acte

Go leafs Go by the way
The_only_Odelein_fan Posted - 03/13/2007 : 17:10:58

Lyle Odelein is a god!
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/13/2007 : 16:23:27

ok I'm a Big Tucker Fan but please don't let me go that nuts
Thats just Wrong man
you're not helping his case either.

Go leafs Go by the way
admin Posted - 03/13/2007 : 16:09:41
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7014

who ever hates tucker i am going to kill them right now

I'm sure this remark was made in jest but regardless, we can do without it. Please refrain from threats on this web site.
Saku Steen Posted - 03/13/2007 : 14:21:11
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7014

sure........ can I be the first one to be killed?
Guest7014 Posted - 03/13/2007 : 12:48:42
Guest4114 Posted - 03/13/2007 : 12:43:55
Darcy Tucker is one of the hardest working players in the league. If some of these 40 goal scorers had the heart tucker had the nhl would be a lot more exciting to watch. He leaves his heart on the ice every time he plays. Ya hes an agitator ya he dives sometimes to draw key penalties ill add but thats one of the things that makes him great to have on the team. This year he's also proved he can be a key player on the powerplay still being near the top of the league in power play goals. Oh and by the way tucker is NOT known for being a great figther. He will fight but only cause thats the way he knows what its like to sacrafice for the team. Can the same be said about the likes of some European all stars out there???
Novie Posted - 02/25/2007 : 20:00:49
Can't wait till he comes back from the DL so we can make fun of him some more. Geez, how did this topic die?

Oh yeah...cuz tucker broke a fingernail and took a mid-season vacation

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Guest5796 Posted - 01/16/2007 : 09:05:48
Tucker's record speaks for itself. I can understand people not liking the style, but not all humans are born the same fortunately. He has a talent, and he uses it to make his living. Good on him.

Secondly - all this stuff about not liking him because he's a Leaf and he's east of the rockies etc etc . Get a life you complete losers.

p.s. my dad's tougher than your dad ..
Beans15 Posted - 01/16/2007 : 08:05:38
Bab's that's my point. They do play the same Style of play. However, Marleau is much better as well as much classier. I could say the same thing for Iginla, Smyth, Recchi, and the others I noted. That was my whole point.
bablaboushka Posted - 01/15/2007 : 19:13:49
Well Marleau fought last weekend, for the first time in four years...

Other than fighting, Marleau does fit your definition of scrappy. But to compare Tucker and Marleau in any similar way is pretty farfetched. Anything Tucker does (except fight) Marleau can do on a whole other level.
Beans15 Posted - 01/15/2007 : 18:07:41
Just because the players I noted do not skate around like animals and hit anything that moves(as Tucker does) does not make them scrappy. My point was they these guys are willing to mix it up as well as have the ability to produce on the the score sheet. Tucker does that as well, but does not do it with Class.

Are you saying the Iginla, Shanahan, and Marleau are not scrappy?? Perhaps we have a different definition of scrappy. To me, these guys are the definition of scrappy. Hard working, talented hockey players that are not afraid to hit, skate hard, and occasionally fight. Although I am not sure about Marleau's fighting ability, I know that Iginla and Shanahan are known to drop the gloves.

How do they not belong on a list of classy, talented, scrappy players??
leigh Posted - 01/15/2007 : 12:13:43
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

There are a few "pests" that I would hate even if they were on my team. Kasparitis(sp), Barnaby, and Tucker. I would be booing them regardless of who they played for. I can think if a dozen players that have the same skill and production or better than Tucker but they have class. Recchi, Dumont, Smyth, Bouchard, Stoll, Brunette, Rolston, Brindamour, Shannahan, Iginla, Marleau. Any of these guys are the same type of player as Tucker. Only better and more classy. Tucker is a bag of pucks and always will be. If he was to get traded to the Oilers, it might be enough for me to change my loyalty until he left town!

Woah!!! I agree with you Babs, why would you put guys like Marleau, Iginla, Shanahan in this list of comparables? That's crazy. I understand the others only because they are hard working, scrappy type of players (and classier, like you said Beans) but to put these other 3 in there is not accurate. They have a tremendous amount of skill and finesse, as well as the hard working, scrappy component. Actually I wouldn't even consider Marleau scrappy. Nope, don't like your comparison list Beans.
bablaboushka Posted - 01/15/2007 : 11:30:57
What possible similarity is there between Marleau and Tucker? Well they're both hockey players, but other than that I got nothing. That's down-playing Marleau big time. Here's what Marleau has that Tucker doesn't:

-Marleau is a leader, hence his captaincy
-Marleau is one of the fastest skaters in the league
-Marleau is a power-play quarterback, not a goalie-screener
-Marleau produces consistently and is reliable, whoever is on the ice with him
Beans15 Posted - 01/15/2007 : 08:03:14
There are a few "pests" that I would hate even if they were on my team. Kasparitis(sp), Barnaby, and Tucker. I would be booing them regardless of who they played for. I can think if a dozen players that have the same skill and production or better than Tucker but they have class. Recchi, Dumont, Smyth, Bouchard, Stoll, Brunette, Rolston, Brindamour, Shannahan, Iginla, Marleau. Any of these guys are the same type of player as Tucker. Only better and more classy. Tucker is a bag of pucks and always will be. If he was to get traded to the Oilers, it might be enough for me to change my loyalty until he left town!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page