Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Canucks fans are jokes! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  20:52:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where were all of you when the nucks sucked in the late 90's?
Talk about band wagon jumpers.....you guys are pathetic. During that time the leafs were in a lull too, yet the acc still sold out. How many cups you guys got?

Stop talking about your storied history when CAROLINA has more cups than you.

I HATE CROSBY

Guest4143
( )

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  22:12:17  Reply with Quote
The reason Toronto is not a contender and hasn't been a contender for so long is the 'unwaivering' support by mindless Leaf fans. The best way for a fan to express anger with the club and promote change is not to send emails, or complain, its to stop going to the games and to stop buying merchandise. When the club starts losing money THAT is when it will start paying attention and change. Besides that Toronto has over double the population of Vancouver, so even if Toronto fans weren't mindless sheer numbers would keep the ACC full. Not to mention all the business headquarters in Toronto with their corporate season tickets, I guess that's why the atmosphere in the ACC at the game I went to was so horrible.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  03:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i completey forgot I made this....

That argument about populations has been said time and time again.....then why don't the raptors sell out? or why don't the blue jays get more fans?(obviously they are not going to sell out the rogers center unless they're in playoffs..but still)...Vancouver is clearly the worst hockey town in canada...what would you expect with all that rain?(good time to add I live there)...and I hate when the cover of the province has the canucks on it.......when they were aweful, they made 1/2 a page in the sports section......i am just saying there are more true leafs fans in vancouver than there are true canucks fans (ever been to a nucks leafs game at gm place?)

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest9278
( )

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  07:16:12  Reply with Quote
Hate Crosby, how many times are you going to post this same thing.

By the way your name Hate Crosby proves that leaf fans are idiots.
Go to Top of Page

Novie
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
452 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  09:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4143
Not to mention all the business headquarters in Toronto with their corporate season tickets, I guess that's why the atmosphere in the ACC at the game I went to was so horrible.

Agreed...worst atmosphere I have even been in...

"So by acquiring Stat Co. I think this partnership....Hey, wait....the big screen in the midle of the rink is telling us to say something....GO....LEAFS....GO...ok, so where was I? This merger....blah blah blah"

Go Sens
Go to Top of Page

Guest0816
( )

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  14:16:00  Reply with Quote
Canucks fans suck. I live in BC and when the canucks are in the front news of the paper all the time but when they start going on a losing streak they start sticking the lions because there winning.

GO LEAFS
Go to Top of Page

Guest9102
( )

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  08:51:13  Reply with Quote
Maybe you guys should move back to Toronto if it's so great there.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  17:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey IHC--did you used to live in Toronto? You seem to be a Leafs fan and you hate the Canucks but live in Vancouver. Just curious...
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  17:41:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Born in Victoria (BC), raised in vancouver..and I've never even been to toronto hahahahahah...My dad was born there, so I spent my carefree childhood days watching his beloved leafs on cbc...I never realy liked the leafs until 92-93 (I don't know why I used that word "until".....I was only 6 then hahahah) when felix potvin was the starter ...He was my idol growing up....By the time he got traded, my love for the leafs was too strong to kill.........I actually don't mind the nucks that much. I hate the standard nucks fan......I really didn't like them between 2001and 2005...I didn't like burtuzzi, cloutier or crawford at all (3 strikes you're out).....I've always liked luongo & vignailt (the coach who I misspelled)...so the nucks don't bug me now........But It will be hard for me to ever love them since they beat my leafs in the 94 western final!
(this doesn't make me a bandwagon fan......since I liked them for the right reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My problem is ppl who only like a team b/c they win....not b/c they like the players)
I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 01/09/2007 17:45:39
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  18:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

But It will be hard for me to ever love them since they beat my leafs in the 94 western final!

I know the NHL has gone under some big changes but were the leafs in the west in 94?

Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  19:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes...they were always in the west till ken dryden came along and wanted more toronto vs. montreal games......WHY? That bugged me...now they can never play in the finals

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest4541
( )

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  21:47:42  Reply with Quote
Vancouver fans are the best fans in the NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  11:43:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley

quote:

But It will be hard for me to ever love them since they beat my leafs in the 94 western final!

I know the NHL has gone under some big changes but were the leafs in the west in 94?

I hope not--Toronto in the west?? If that were the case then whoever decided on the division lines needs to work on their geography.
Go to Top of Page

luckyluc
Top Prospect

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  12:09:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

yes...they were always in the west till ken dryden came along and wanted more toronto vs. montreal games......WHY? That bugged me...now they can never play in the finals

I HATE CROSBY

Toronto will never make the finals so dont worry there bud.

The Leafs should be in the East - its a no-brainer.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6916
( )

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  12:23:47  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by Ripley

quote:

I hope not--Toronto in the west?? If that were the case then whoever decided on the division lines needs to work on their geography.

Imagine how Detroit feels.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  12:30:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Detroit shouldn't be in the west either.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4727
( )

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  15:40:37  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4541

Vancouver fans are the best fans in the NHL!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA ur such a joker! I almost thought you were serious.And just to debate what Novie said . . . Ive never been to a Leafs game where we aren't loud and proud (And ive benn to plenty games)!!
But i guess this is what we put up with from Sens fans . . .

GO LEAFS GO
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  15:53:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

Yeah, Detroit shouldn't be in the west either.

I agree completely. They are soooo close to Toronto. If the Penguins go to KC, then Detroit will go East and KC West in an obvious rivalry with St Louis. And then I get to see Crosby and Malkin way more often

Word.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Guest1450
( )

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  18:41:47  Reply with Quote
jeez i thought the only canucks fans there where are asians i guess i was wrong
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  23:59:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahahahahah.... I thought everyone in vancouver was hahahahah

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Guest4139
( )

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  04:32:50  Reply with Quote
hey I hate.... I've been a fan of the Canucks since the mid 60's.win or lose I've always been behind them.In fact the last 2 years in the old Western Hockey League they won the championshipgoing 16-0 in the playoffs. They also played 2 exhibiton games against the Leafs & had a win & tie against them. I've never pulled for the Leafs even when I lived in Ontario.& yes people the Canucks did beat them in the western final in 94. I think it was in 6 games.But it is nice to see that people in Toronto will pay lots of hard earn money to see losers play year after year.. No wonder they don't want to change players in Toronto. Just remember last nights game(Jan.13).Vancouver outshot 36-21& still win by 5
Go to Top of Page

Guest2750
( )

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  05:20:29  Reply with Quote
Wow - You leaf fans are hopeless. I was at last night's game and it was wonderful as one of the "many" Canuck fans in attendance. Delusional Leaf Fans were everywhere, somehow thinking that they will win the cup in the near future. Raycroft + Sundin + Marlies does not equal cup contender.

btw. When the canucks sucked back in the 80s and 90s, we were always there. When they sucked last year and missed the playoffs, GM place was still sold out. But I will say this, you need to be a true leaf fan to keep watching those losers play -- they really do suck.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0959
( )

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  08:55:19  Reply with Quote
I HAte Crosby... have your maplelaughs win a cup when there is more than 6 teams in the league.

We in the west despise the putrid hole you call home. Toronto is not the center of the universe as you F$#@-ups think. You town is the a****** of the country....pompous, arrogant, self-centered morons.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0959
( )

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  08:58:48  Reply with Quote
What a wonderful day . The Maplelaughs getting absolutly humiliated on Hockey Day In Canada. Obviously there were a lot of Canadians watching (hopefully our troops too...God bless them). It sure looks good on them when they stink out the joint and jeer their goalie, now those are faithful fans.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4727
( )

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  09:21:35  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0959

I HAte Crosby... have your maplelaughs win a cup when there is more than 6 teams in the league.

We in the west despise the putrid hole you call home. Toronto is not the center of the universe as you F$#@-ups think. You town is the a****** of the country....pompous, arrogant, self-centered morons.

Sorry, and the Canucks last won the cup when . . .
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  10:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That game last night was one of the most boring, embarrassing, sloppy NHL games I can remember ever watching. Vancouver too.

There was no flow, guys were holding and grabbing everywhere, no player was skating, guys were falling all over the place like a Novice game.

For anyone who watched both this game and the Sharks-Flames game on Dec.23: Compare the two. It's like comparing Midget AAA to Atom.
Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  03:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Can't disagree Babla................Wasn't the worst game I've seen in a year..............But 5 YEARS ......................................Wonderin' why it took this powerhouse Canucks team (They do have the allstar Rory and Naslund who scored a goal....................sometime) till the 3rd period,to break open a close 2-1 lead.Could it have been the FULL TWO minute 5 on 3 gift from ref Gord Dwyer that spotted VAN 2 more for a comfy 4-1 lead ????? [I mean Battaglia DID call Dwyer a poopy pants for the weak hooking?? call on Kaberle which should ALWAYS ensure a 5 on 3 situation and I'm amazed Battagla didn't get a 3 game suspension for disagreeing with one of these MORONS that are ruining this game]
And YESSSSSSSSSSS I KNOW the calls were nonsense BOTH ways but that does'nt mean they're JUSTIFIED!!!!!!
We'll never know if the Leafs and Canucks were actally that HORRIBLE as we never did see them play hockey (Less the 3 mins and 1 sec of time players could leave the pen. box early on 5 van. PPG's , there was 33 mins. of short handed play .Thats TWENTY SEVEN MINS. of 5 on 5 hockey.)
SO........maybe it WASN'T the gift from Dwyer or the 7 Leaf regulars out of the line-up or the 13 1st period saves by their SAVIOR , that gave the Canucks the WIN............Maybe the difference was RORY.
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  07:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey didn't LA beat Toronto in the 93 western final to meet Montreal in the final? That's too bad b/c i'd have loved to see Toronto lose to the Habs!!!!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest7418
( )

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  10:43:33  Reply with Quote
Seems like there are a lot of embarassed COTU fans out there
who are trying hard to justify the loss (or dare I say domination)
of their beloved Leaves.

Refs? Raycroft? ...? Give it a break! Yeah, all NHL games these
days have too many penalties.. all have weak calls.. but that's
today's game - like it or leave it. Bottom line is that the Canucks
scored on some of their scoring chances, and the Leafs didnt.
Get over it! You were beat convincingly on this night! Give the
1st period to the Leafs, and the next two to Vancouver. The
Leafs certainly fired a lot of rubber towards Luongo, but the
Canucks had the better scoring chances... and capitalized.
Salo's goal notwithstanding, the rest of the goals were great
goals and it's just scapgoating to blame them on Raycroft.

Go to Top of Page

spearbelly
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  13:36:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EMBARRASSED????????????????????
Why would the lowly beat up Leafs be embarrassed?? They just beat the TOP team in the NHL 2 nites earlier IN Buffalo's barn.........YES , they played EXTREMELY CRAPPY on Sat. as did the Canucks.
DOMINATION??????????????????????
If not for the great goaltending in the 1st ,it could have easily been 3 to zip Leafs.(YES I DO realize that the goalie guy IS part of the package .......just pointing out how HORRID the NUCKS played in front of some GREAT goaltendin' on behalf of LUONGO.)
OPINION: Yours is that Canucks DOMINATED......KEEP IT.
FACT:Without DWYER"S "GIFT" of a FULL TWO minute 5 on 3 (Springboarding the Canucks with a 2ppg. 4-1 lead ) They wouldn't have had this ILLUSION of DOMINANCE.
OPINION:Even without the "GIFT", the Leafs may have lost because they played slightly more PATHETIC than the Nucks.
FACT:I would be EMBARRASSED to even bring up up this game , that the Canucks won against minor league "call ups " let alone GLOAT about it if I was a Canucks fan and had viewed this piece of ART ,witnessing TWO teams WALLOWING in quicksand.
OPINION: Both teams SUCKED with TORONTO being more SUCKEDER.
FACT: IF you used the term " DOMINANCE" for agitation purposes ....GOOD on you.IF you actually BELIEVED that............................I hope you're getting ample visitors in your ward.

P.S.

WHERE is this phantom "BLAME" on Raycroft ????

Edited by - spearbelly on 01/15/2007 13:45:33
Go to Top of Page

Guest2317
( )

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  14:41:25  Reply with Quote
ADMIN EDIT:

Lose the personal attacks.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2317
( )

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  14:48:13  Reply with Quote
Another Thing,

Even though there was no real flow to that game, there was also very little atmosphere/intensity in that game by the fans.

Atleast when the TO/VAN games are held in Vancouver, there is quite a bit of life in the games, non-stop action, Crowd going nuts with the mix of nucks / leafs fans.

I think its time to kick those damn leafs off cbc permanently, they just stink. Id rather watch an awesome team like Montreal or Ottawa, who's fans actually cheer their own team, not boo them. But instead we have to watch TO every frickin saturday, only because the TO staff keeps blowing the CBC staff members.
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  15:32:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you know why they don't let Hamilton have an NHL team? Because then Toronto would want one.
I hear that Raycroft was so upset about the Salo goal that he jumped in front of a bus. Sadly, but not surprisingly, it went through his legs.
I am so sick of people from Toronto going on and on about their Leafs, then bitching when any other fans from any other city do the same thing. It's like we don't have a right, in their eyes, of cheering for out team. Or as if not rooting for Toronto makes us less human.
To I Hate Crosby, population is a huge factor in sell outs. Leafs games have so few available seats left after Corporates get their seats that with that big a fan base they will always sell out. As for why the Raptors and Blue Jays don't sell out, it's simple. Toronto, like every other Canadian city is a hockey town. No other sport will ever sell out a large arena in Canada consistently. Besides, since they are flagship team for the CBC (which should change its name the TBC), it's pretty well known that, in fact, not every game is a sell out, and that any remaining seats are given away so as to give them impression that the games are sold out.
Toronto fans are, really, kinda dumb. They will fork out $200 to go see a losing team. Vancouver fans will not. Does that make them less of a fan? No, it just makes them smarter!
And Toronto fans have proven that they are just as fickle. When is the last time the Blue Jays sold out? 1993? And how DO the Raptors do when a non-marquee team is in town?
One last bit of evidence that Vancouver fans know a little more about hockey than Toronto Make Believe fans. We don't worship players just because they were once on our team. I can never understand the love T.O. fans have for CuJo, Potvin, Roberts, Modin, etc. At best they were good (not great) players on a mediocre (or worse) team. Yet you idolize them like they won you the Cup. Oh wait, I do know why you idolize them. Because they are usually the only players you can name on any other team.
Many Vancouver fans worship Pavel Bure, but at least he took us to the Finals. And by the way, since the first expansion, all but 2 NHL teams (with the exception of some of the 90's expansion teams) have been to the Stanley Cup Finals. Only Phoenix/Winnipeg and, you guessed it, Toronto have not even been to the Finals. When you consider that there has only been about 35 Cup Finals since then, then take away the Stanley Cups that Montreal, NY Islanders, and Edmonton won, there aren't a lot left. Not everybody can win one, but at least most every other team has been there... many of them twice, including Vancouver. You can get back up on your pedestal if the Leafs ever even get to the dance.
Now, lets bury the hatchet, join hands... and pick on Edmonton! They are the only Canadian team that hasn't had a minimum of 100% attendance (standing room only tickets can take a total over 100%) this season or last season. Boo Oilers fans!
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  08:19:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey tit man!! I dunno where you get your stats from but the Oilers have sold out every home game this season!!! Don't believe me just go the their website and check it out yourself. Combine this years regular season with last years playoff run and thats a pile of sold out home games. At least ours fans are still sticking with our team while they're in a skid. Van is so popular right now cuz they won 9-10 but we'll see where the faithful are when they enter their annual downward spiral come march.

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page

ultimatetitman
Rookie

Canada
244 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  21:50:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well of course the Oilers website says they've sold out all their games...
I get my stats from a reliable, independant source, ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2006

Oilers home attendance was 98.4% of capacity last year, and 98.5% this year.
And for the record, Cancuks fans filled the arena every game last year, despite a mediocre season, and continue to do so this year, even early on when pretty much every "expert" out there predicted the Canucks would miss the playoffs.
And if a Canadian NHL team can't sell out a playoff game, then they don't deserve to have an NHL team.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5068
( )

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  22:22:25  Reply with Quote
I love the Canucks but, to be honest, at the start of the season I was angry with them, but that doesn't mean I went out to choose a different favourite team! And when they sucked in the late 90's? I still loved 'em. It's not like once our team starts sucking we all abandon them, we just get angry (maybe that means not buying tickets), which basically leads to them working harder. IMO

*Note* I do agree with how people say that the Canucks were so great, they made it to the finals, blah, blah, blah. I think it's stupid when people congradulate defeat from decades ago. Again IMO.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  22:59:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman

. I can never understand the love T.O. fans have for CuJo, Potvin, Roberts, Modin, etc. At best they were good (not great) players on a mediocre (or worse) team.

You have no idea what you're talking about there buddy.....Potvin was GREAT when he stared playing in T.O..... The leafs were awful until potvin showed up in 92-93, then came within one game of the finals...That's pretty good if you ask me.....Then, Cujo came along and got the leafs into contenders so ....(I agree with your claims about roberts and modin though)..Whether ppl want to admit it or not, the leafs have RARELY been bottom feeders, and are always in contention for a playoff spot (at least)...How many teams can say that over the last 15 years?

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  21:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, get ready to call me a hipocrit....

If Canucks fans are jokes, I guess i'm starting to become a joke hahahahah.....

Lately, I find myself cheering for the team i once vowed to never cheer for.....Bobby-Loo is a hero, those Sedins are hilarious, and their coach is a peach.....morrisons impressive, and I love most of the d-men...I knew something like this was bound to happen to me when they got Luongo. I have always liked him, but I never thought I would like the TEAM haahhahahah........I think the one thing that bugged me about the Nucks were those stupid commercials they air (you guys in vancouver know what I mean....the ones with that sentimental music, and all the flashbacks to 94 and what-not)..i guess, I shouldn't have blamed the TEAM for that, just the marketing ppl.....BUT.....it still pisses me off to hear ppl talk about the "good old days with the Nucks" b/c I don't think there were any really good days.....just a couple of good months many years ago.

BUT BURE WAS UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE CROSBY

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 01/24/2007 21:37:36
Go to Top of Page

Guest4143
( )

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  23:13:05  Reply with Quote
The Leaf team is a joke as well with the organization. Hmm Pavel Kubina yes.... 5 million sounds right. Anyway just wanted to add, in case you missed it I Hate Crosby, Vancouver 6 Leafs 1.
Go to Top of Page

Guest1444
( )

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  21:37:18  Reply with Quote
Moderator edit:

1444, please do not post that crap in this forum. If you want to talk hockey, go ahead but save your gossip for your WoW game tonight.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 02/01/2007 15:39:04
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  11:46:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1444
***** DELETED BY MODERATOR *****

This guy is pissing me off, im a hugh canucks fan and always have been, AND IM NOT ASIAN. I love how when ever the leafs lose all there fans just start dumping on the canucks, they beat u 6-1 and all u guys can complain all u want, the better team one the game

CANUCKS RULE!!

Edited by - bablaboushka on 02/01/2007 15:39:58
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page