Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Most hated current NHLer? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  16:47:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5794

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6840

Byfuglian how ever you spell it is the player i hate most. how can you hate kesler and burrows ?

You see, here's where i think i'm different. First off, i'm assuming you're a Canucks fan? Secondly, as much as i hate having to see the Canucks go up against Byfuglien, i think he's great! A converted Dman playing a role on a successful team like the Hawks and playing it well. Yeah, i get mad, especially during the playoffs when his game is effective against the 'Nucks, but i appreciate what he's doing, his job!

Perhaps you have your own reasons for not liking him but if it's just to do with his play vs your favorite team, then i can't agree with it.

Sorry, that was me.....
Go to Top of Page

Guest6840
( )

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  21:30:44
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by Guest5794

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6840

Byfuglian how ever you spell it is the player i hate most. how can you hate kesler and burrows ?

You see, here's where i think i'm different. First off, i'm assuming you're a Canucks fan? Secondly, as much as i hate having to see the Canucks go up against Byfuglien, i think he's great! A converted Dman playing a role on a successful team like the Hawks and playing it well. Yeah, i get mad, especially during the playoffs when his game is effective against the 'Nucks, but i appreciate what he's doing, his job!

Perhaps you have your own reasons for not liking him but if it's just to do with his play vs your favorite team, then i can't agree with it.

Sorry, that was me.....

Actually i was just pissed for a while i can see why Kesler and Burrows can be hated it is obvious they can be. they are gritty ownage suck up players; yet i can find a lot of players who should be hated more then them.
Go to Top of Page

nux-suk
Top Prospect

41 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  10:25:43  Show Profile
[Content Removed - Personal Comments] This is obvious as anyone who has been in a team environment knows that when there is poison in the room, it is just a matter of time before it becomes systemic. He says he hates Canadians, and every Canadian except idiot Canuck fans hates him too. When this team starts its slide (and they always do) you will then see your bandwagon jumpers climb all over him. Does Alex Kovalev ring any bells? How about Chris Pronger? [Content Removed - Personal Comments]. Who would trade their best player....duuuhhhhh

[Mod Edit - Keep it on topic and against the argument. Let's not get personal. Thanks]

Edited by - Beans15 on 03/15/2010 10:50:53
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie

Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  10:36:37  Show Profile
Well it certainly looks as though Avery has won the award for being the most hated and least favorite current NHLer. He is leading this poll and the Least Favorite Player poll. I have not seen him do anything stupid lately but I guess he built up his own reputation and the polls prove it. I know he was a healthy scratch a couple nights ago so he must not be in the good books with Torts but has anyone noticed since playing for Torts Avery has tamed down a bit?

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  11:35:04  Show Profile
nux-suk, it's a shame you can't tone down your anger. Your posts would be so much more readable without the mods having to edit them so much.

As for a poison in the room, you clearly don't follow the Canucks to realize the relationship Kesler has with his team mates. Do you really believe for a second that a guy would be given and "A" to wear if he wasn't liked and respected by his teammates and the entire organization. You see, failing to realize things like this makes your rants so less credible that you ought to save the energy typing them. You'd be far more efficient to throw on your caps lock and type "I HATE KESLER, HE SUCKS" than to actually try to convince people something that is so obviously untrue. BTW, for added effect, you could cut and paste it a few times as well!

Good luck child, keep up the good work
Go to Top of Page

Guest4796
( )

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  12:56:39
Ovechkin is rapidly climbing the ladder to top of the list for me. Don't care how many highlight reel goals he scores, the guy obviously has no respect for his fellow players on the ice.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4339
( )

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  13:26:07
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

nux-suk, it's a shame you can't tone down your anger. Your posts would be so much more readable without the mods having to edit them so much.

As for a poison in the room, you clearly don't follow the Canucks to realize the relationship Kesler has with his team mates. Do you really believe for a second that a guy would be given and "A" to wear if he wasn't liked and respected by his teammates and the entire organization. You see, failing to realize things like this makes your rants so less credible that you ought to save the energy typing them. You'd be far more efficient to throw on your caps lock and type "I HATE KESLER, HE SUCKS" than to actually try to convince people something that is so obviously untrue. BTW, for added effect, you could cut and paste it a few times as well!

Good luck child, keep up the good work

Thanks for posting Alex, you've saved me a lot of typing since we share a lot of the same views.

I wouldn't take anything nux-sux posts as being serious. With that nick, it's obvious that he's just being a forum troll.

Try not to feed the troll too much with the attention that he so desperately seeks.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  16:57:26  Show Profile
Guys, I really don't want to have to lock down this topic because it's getting pretty close.

Shut down the personal comments and keep it on topic, please and thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6840
( )

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  22:05:36
Steve Downie's hate factor should be going up as well as Ovi but at the same time players like Avery should not be the most hated player of THIS year; he is keeping a lower profile and has to stay calm. A few years ago Bertuzzi would be the most hated player, yet he returned with a positive attitude and people forgot about it, remaining one of my favourite players up to date. As beans said stay on topic just pointing out that players who are gritty such as Morrow, Lucic, Kesler, Burrows, And many more are really liked by players on there team because they are positive and are there for fun more then money.

The only player to exceed Mike Green is Chuck Norris.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0498
( )

Posted - 03/16/2010 :  12:14:57
quote:
Originally posted by nux-suk

[Content Removed - Personal Comments] This is obvious as anyone who has been in a team environment knows that when there is poison in the room, it is just a matter of time before it becomes systemic. He says he hates Canadians, and every Canadian except idiot Canuck fans hates him too. When this team starts its slide (and they always do) you will then see your bandwagon jumpers climb all over him. Does Alex Kovalev ring any bells? How about Chris Pronger? [Content Removed - Personal Comments]. Who would trade their best player....duuuhhhhh

[Mod Edit - Keep it on topic and against the argument. Let's not get personal. Thanks]

Sounds like a bitter flames fan. Keep that pic of old lanny up on your fridge buds.

Beans I will be nice I do have a point to my post...

I have been out of country for the past 6 months and watched the olympics on a friends slingbox. I didn't hear about the 'Kelser comments' until recently. I am pretty sure he wouldn't say he 'hates canadians'. anyone have a link to his comments?

Go to Top of Page

Guest6840
( )

Posted - 03/16/2010 :  12:39:52
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0498

quote:

Sounds like a bitter flames fan. Keep that pic of old lanny up on your fridge buds.

Beans I will be nice I do have a point to my post...

I have been out of country for the past 6 months and watched the olympics on a friends slingbox. I didn't hear about the 'Kelser comments' until recently. I am pretty sure he wouldn't say he 'hates canadians'. anyone have a link to his comments?

He did say he hates Canadians; yet it is an effective Strategy getting the fans worked up and team Canada worked up the would focus on him leaving players like Parise open for a goal. Kesler is a nice guy and likes Canadians all though he hates Pronger :D. that clear anything up?
Go to Top of Page

Guest0621
( )

Posted - 03/16/2010 :  15:23:52
actually no I asked if anyone had a link to what he said exactly.

no offense though buds but i am looking for a more credible source than anonymous.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6840
( )

Posted - 03/16/2010 :  15:27:28
"I hate them," said Ryan Kesler, U.S. center and a player for the Vancouver Canucks. "It's a big rivalry. I wouldn't say I hate them; you have respect for the other team. Canadians expect to win the gold, and anything less is not good enough. It's going to be fun to try and knock them off." that would be the quote
here is a web with it on http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=87387
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2010 :  15:48:47  Show Profile
I believe guest 6840 got the quote correct.

And Kesler meant "hate" in the colloquial sense, the same way children stereotypically hate brussel sprouts.

So don't "hate" Kesler for his comments.

Edited by - polishexpress on 03/16/2010 15:49:54
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2010 :  20:14:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by polishexpress

I believe guest 6840 got the quote correct.

And Kesler meant "hate" in the colloquial sense, the same way children stereotypically hate brussel sprouts.

So don't "hate" Kesler for his comments.

LOL a brussel sprouts reference!!! But seriously, i strongly hated brussel sprouts as a kid, in fact i still do! And i mean it 100%!!! I agree with what i think you're saying though, that he didn't meann it quite the way it came out.

Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  09:33:43  Show Profile
lol brussel sprouts

k so he never said he hates Canadians [Moderator Edit -Personal Attack]. He said he hates team Canada - the hockey team. Big difference.

I can say I hate Chicago - not meaning i hate people from Chicago, or the city itself. I just fecking hate the Blackhwaks.

I have no problem with what he said to be honest. You want your team to hate the other team right?

Edited by - Beans15 on 03/19/2010 12:09:22
Go to Top of Page

nux-suk
Top Prospect

41 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  13:25:13  Show Profile
come on beans!!why all the edits?? we are big boys here (and girls..alex116 & Pucker). So let us hack at each other, some people may learn a new language.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  13:44:10  Show Profile
wow, some of you guys need to grow up. Beans must be tired from all the editing hes had to do here, just take a chill pill and think before you type. Ive been guilty in the past of freaking out a little here as well, so I wont say anything else about it.

As for my answer........ *drum roll*

Chris Neil. Nuff said.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  15:03:35  Show Profile
quote:

come on beans!!why all the edits?? we are big boys here (and girls..alex116 & Pucker). So let us hack at each other, some people may learn a new language.

nux-suk, could you not at least throw in a "Burrows is my most hated player" with your attempt to insult me and pucker? I mean, otherwise, your post just becomes a childish attempt to entice us into a war of words which is quite a bit off topic i'd say? I won't bother with a ______ like you. (Mods, is Troll a personal attack? If not, please insert it for me, thanks). Guess i'm a big girl, i can handle it.

Anyway, i was about to post about the poll here. I'm surprised at two things. The "other" is very far behind a few of these guys, especially Avery of course. This tells me something, that anyone with more or ever close to "other" votes, is really really hated! Lol.... I mean, you could pick from hundreds of other NHLers who you may hate for whatever reasons but these guys on the poll actually get more!
Secondly, i think if we could redo our vote or vote again, Cooke might be higher up and possibly even the leader after not just the dirty hit on Savard, but his attitude after it! I think the Guerin interview shed light on this guy as to just what others think of him!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  16:30:03  Show Profile
quote:

Well, we may all be big Boys, but we also have forum rules. To refresh your memory, they are right here.

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2160
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=609
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=608

Part of what is stated in the rules is that personal attacks will not be tolerated. So calling people names, regardless of what the name is(moron, troll, idiot, or worse) will be removed.

Any comments that could be viewed as what I call sensitive(meaning sexual orientation, mental capacity, race, religion, etc) will also be removed.

Finally, when moderators are ignored, as I was from my post just 4 days ago asking people to say on topic, the thread gets locked.

I don't make the rules, but I have been asked to ensure they are followed. Enjoy your week end.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page