Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best Canadian pro athlete NOT to play pro hockey? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  15:43:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who is the best Canadian-born professional athlete not to play professional ice hockey?

Choices:

Daniel Nestor (Tennis)
Steve Nash (Basketball)
Larry Walker (Baseball)
Kurt Browning (Figure Skating)
Owen Hargreaves (Soccer)
Mike Weir (Golf)
Ron Lancaster (Football)
George St. Pierre (MMA)
Justin Morneau (Baseball)
Other (who?)

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  19:30:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Athlete is a difficult definition. I don't consider people like golfers athletes. Sure, it takes timing and some physical skills, however I would consider sports that require speed, strength, agility, balance, etc as athletes.

That being said, it's gotta be GSP. Considering he is trained in tae kwon do but is considered the best wrestler in MMA today, it's pretty impressive. There have been discussions about him training to be an Olympic Wrestler. Sick.

Speaking purely athletics, I don't know of any today that are better.
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  21:58:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Owen Hargreaves has got to be a close second- I don't like MMA, but Martial arts requires much more dedication to physical form than football(soccer).

Yet, Hargreaves, before injuries, played for the English national team, and played for reputably two of the best clubs in the world as one of the starting 11.(Bayern Munich & Manchester United) He has won 2 Champions League trophies, and numerous league titles in England and German top soccer leagues.

What other Canadian athlete was so good in their sport, in Canada, and able to go to Europe at a relatively young age and start playing professionally?

You have to admit, Canada has poor soccer development, yet, he lived in Canada until 16, and then moved to Germany to play! Imagine learning to play hockey Italy, Portugal, or Spain until you are 16, and then going to play in the OHL and getting drafted into the NHL in the first round after 3 years!
Go to Top of Page

FLYING -V
Top Prospect

69 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  22:07:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to say Donovan Bailey , though he wasn't technically a pro was he? I think I'll say Steve Nash. I don't think anybody else on this list was indisputably the best in the world at their sport at any given time. Especially a sport as relevant globally as basketball.

Its not worth winning if you cant win big!

Edited by - FLYING -V on 09/10/2010 22:11:57
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  22:39:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FLYING V, you nailed it. Nash is the obvious choice here IMO. What he's accomplished would have been considered impossible not that long ago (as a Canadian).

All respect to the others mentioned, but in a sport as global as basketball, he's gotta be the clear cut winner here!
Go to Top of Page

Guest0009
( )

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  06:46:06  Reply with Quote
slozo
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  19:03:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest # 0009, I am honoured by your vote. Thanks!

Seriously though, my vote would like to have gone to the athlete who, in my opinion, was the best overall athlete, and at the top of his discipline obviously.

My heart says Mike Smith, longtime competitor in decathlon, which IMHO is the king of all sports/disciplines (I know, not a real sport . . . but hang with me for a bit). These guys, as athletes, have to literally be in the best shape of any sport.

Mike Smith - top ten for ten years (just an incredible accomplishment on its own):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Smith_(athlete)

But I guess it doesn't count, as decathlon is not a professional sport . . . so I go for a vote between Steve Nash, and Larry Walker.

Nash - 2 MVPs, and a good 7 to 8 year run as the best point guard in the NBA. Led the league in assists for 4 years, currently 2nd all time in free throw %, 5th all-time in 3 pt %, 4th in reg season double-doubles. Ranks as one of the top 15 players of the modern age currently, according to his wiki page.

Walker - 1 MVP (with nearly triple crown numbers), and a great 7 years (within about a ten or eleven year span) run as one of the most feared hitters in baseball. Hit for power (hr leader in '97), hit for extra bases (2B leader in '94, led in slugging for '97 and '99), and amazingly, he was also just a fantastic hitter for average as well (leader in avg. '98, '99, '01). Add to that 7 gold glove awards as a great fielder, and you have one of the most complete players ever (even stole 33 bases in his mvp year)

It's tough, but have to go with Nash by a nose. Steve Nash.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest3062
( )

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  20:57:50  Reply with Quote
i don't mean to be offensive in anyway but choosing gsp over nash is mind blowing to me.. and i don't even really life steve.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2755
( )

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  13:11:51  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Who is the best Canadian-born professional athlete not to play professional ice hockey?

Terry Fox.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  13:45:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terry Fox was a great Canadian hero and continues to be an incredible humanitarian long after his death. He was an amazing long distance runner and a good basketball/wheelchair basketball player, but wasn't a professional athlete and therefore didn't make the poll options.

FYI you can donate to the Terry Fox Foundation here: https://www.terryfox.org/Donate/index.html
Go to Top of Page

Guest7008
( )

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  19:24:24  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm going off the board and picking Elvis Stojko. Stojko has a black belt in one of the martial art discipline (can't remember and too lazy to look up). If I remember correctly he was still practicing his martial arts while figure skating. His long program music to Dragon where he wears the kung fu outfit is no BS. Wouldn't that be a crazy hockey player, mad lower body strength (a la Crosby), awesome edge and speed control and he can take care of himself should the need to drop the gloves are required.

Steve Nash would be a close second.

Slozo, baseball players are not athletes. Sure, they have some amazing hand eye coordination but not atheletes in the general terms of athlete as defined by Beans. Baseball players in general are about as atheletic as darts players. If it wasn't for the roids and HGH, I'm not sure any baseball players could lift a bat. (I jest and exaggerate but only very little - just dispise the game of baseball and sorry to all darts professional comparing you to baseball players.)

I can't seem to recall any big time canadian in the NFL. They would probably make a damn good hockey player.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  21:38:03  Reply with Quote
Paul and Gary Gait, the two best lacrosse players to ever play lacrosse ( Canada's National Sport) basically built the game in the states without them there wouldnt be a NLL,
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  06:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7008

quote:

I'm going off the board and picking Elvis Stojko. Stojko has a black belt in one of the martial art discipline (can't remember and too lazy to look up). If I remember correctly he was still practicing his martial arts while figure skating. His long program music to Dragon where he wears the kung fu outfit is no BS. Wouldn't that be a crazy hockey player, mad lower body strength (a la Crosby), awesome edge and speed control and he can take care of himself should the need to drop the gloves are required.

Steve Nash would be a close second.

Slozo, baseball players are not athletes. Sure, they have some amazing hand eye coordination but not atheletes in the general terms of athlete as defined by Beans. Baseball players in general are about as atheletic as darts players. If it wasn't for the roids and HGH, I'm not sure any baseball players could lift a bat. (I jest and exaggerate but only very little - just dispise the game of baseball and sorry to all darts professional comparing you to baseball players.)

I can't seem to recall any big time canadian in the NFL. They would probably make a damn good hockey player.

obviously you have never played baseball or were just never really good, baseball players are some of the best athletes of all. Just because you see guys like Manny Ramirez have a gut doesn`t speak for all baeball players. look at guys like Jeter , Hanley Ramirez , Chipper Jones these guys are supreme athletes,, Larry Walker was gold glover in the outfield ,,, you know how hard it is to catch a fly ball..... pros make it look easy,, it s not. I have played university baseball and don`t tell me a sport where the best of the best only succeed 3 times out of 10 doesn`t make them athletes .... darts players ... please go play defense for 10 seconds i gurantee you`ll realize how hard it is to pick up a grounder and throw a dart to first and beat a runner,..... .... all in all Larry Walker ... close second steve nash

Pasty

Edited by - Pasty7 on 09/15/2010 07:38:53
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  07:02:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed, Pasty (even if you did run out of punctuation).

I thought of Elvis Stojko, but then I remembered that I didn't consider ice dance a sport. Basically, as athletic and difficult as ice dance certainly is, it is something that is totally governed by judging, and for that reason I do not think it should ever be under the term "sport". Elvis certainly was a credit to his profession though, and brought it to a new level of athelticism never before seen.

Larry Walker was a supreme athlete as well, and I would put him very close to Steve Nash. The only thing Nash has on him is perhaps one MVP and a higher standing all-time, although it could be argued that Walker was a much better athlete in his sport in terms of excelling at everything, as opposed to a few things in Nash's case. Still, the extra MVP wins it for him I think.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  08:10:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have definitely answered this question different than most. I did not read "who is the most sucessful athlete" I read "who is the Best." To me, that definition is pure athletics.

If the question was most successful, hand's down it's Steve Nash. I believe he is the only Canadian to win the MVP in a pro league other than hockey and he did it back to back. The fact that he is also considered a soccer talent good enough to make Team Canada (along with his brother Martin) also makes him pretty talented athletically.

However, I don't believe there are more than a handful of people on the planet today that are in better shape and more athletically gifted than George St. Pierre. Strength, speed, agility, balance, the list goes on and on.

St. Pierre, combining all athletic ability, is head and shoulders above anyone today. Historically, a guy like Mike Smith would have to be considered as well.

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  09:27:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I have definitely answered this question different than most. I did not read "who is the most sucessful athlete" I read "who is the Best." To me, that definition is pure athletics.

If the question was most successful, hand's down it's Steve Nash. I believe he is the only Canadian to win the MVP in a pro league other than hockey and he did it back to back. The fact that he is also considered a soccer talent good enough to make Team Canada (along with his brother Martin) also makes him pretty talented athletically.

However, I don't believe there are more than a handful of people on the planet today that are in better shape and more athletically gifted than George St. Pierre. Strength, speed, agility, balance, the list goes on and on.

St. Pierre, combining all athletic ability, is head and shoulders above anyone today. Historically, a guy like Mike Smith would have to be considered as well.

<

Larry Walker has won a MVP in the MLB , Justin Morneau aswell...

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest4339
( )

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  10:04:15  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

GSP is quite succesful as well; he is widely considered one of the top (if not the top) pound for pound best MMA fighter in the world. He has dominated his weight class for years.

If we go by succesful, Nash won MVP but never won the ultimate prize. GSP has done it in his sport.

I think GSP just suffers from a sport that is not as well known as basketball/baseball/etc. If it's "mind blowing" to consider GSP, a two time Canadian athlete of the year as well (over the likes of Crosby), then I am not sure what else he can do to be considered.

There are many good choices as pointed out by everyone, and I simply wanted to point out that GSP should not be overlooked.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8332
( )

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  13:26:05  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo
I thought of Elvis Stojko, but then I remembered that I didn't consider ice dance a sport. Basically, as athletic and difficult as ice dance certainly is, it is something that is totally governed by judging, and for that reason I do not think it should ever be under the term "sport".

Just a technicality but all sport is governed by judging. We just call them umpires, referees, time keeper or line judges.

I mean don't you think calling a strike or ball, in or out... a judgement of the umpire? That is about as judgemental a call as giving someone a 5.5 or 6.0. Just that the umpires/referees don't have more than two choices, but the judges have a varying degree of choices.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  14:08:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8332

quote:
I thought of Elvis Stojko, but then I remembered that I didn't consider ice dance a sport. Basically, as athletic and difficult as ice dance certainly is, it is something that is totally governed by judging, and for that reason I do not think it should ever be under the term "sport".

Just a technicality but all sport is governed by judging. We just call them umpires, referees, time keeper or line judges.

I mean don't you think calling a strike or ball, in or out... a judgement of the umpire? That is about as judgemental a call as giving someone a 5.5 or 6.0. Just that the umpires/referees don't have more than two choices, but the judges have a varying degree of choices.

i never thought about it that way but its true,, a umpire can change the outcome of a game if he sqeezes a pitcher and forces him to throw down the heart of the plate in order to get a strike good hitters will notice that and it will basicly be a free for all

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  15:14:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

quote:

quote:

i never thought about it that way but its true,, a umpire can change the outcome of a game if he sqeezes a pitcher and forces him to throw down the heart of the plate in order to get a strike good hitters will notice that and it will basicly be a free for all

Pasty

completely different in my opinion. A referee or umpire calls minute details within a sport. Their opinion does not directly decide who wins or who loses. A judge waits for the activity to finish completely and then grades it subjectively. Their decision directly decides the outcome. FYI, an example of a sport that uses both referees and judges is boxing. In boxing the referee is merely there to uphold the rules, the outcome is determined by judges. But this is a different subject entirely. We should start a new thread.

Go to Top of Page

Guest8332
( )

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  07:27:53  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh
completely different in my opinion. A referee or umpire calls minute details within a sport. Their opinion does not directly decide who wins or who loses. A judge waits for the activity to finish completely and then grades it subjectively. Their decision directly decides the outcome. FYI, an example of a sport that uses both referees and judges is boxing. In boxing the referee is merely there to uphold the rules, the outcome is determined by judges. But this is a different subject entirely. We should start a new thread.

Really? Tell that to the Buffalo Sabres. Event occured. Called not made. Buffalo loses the Stanley Cup to Dallas.
Tell that to the NY Jets against the Ravens 125 yds in penalty. How about the catch that is not a catch in the Arizona game (I think)? Refs have huge impact on how wins andlosses based on their judgement. Refs can't make a call until an activity is completed. You pitch, they make the call. They can't call strike or ball or foul or in until the event is completed.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  10:23:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guest 8332:

It's just a technicality, but I used the word TOTALLY. That means, completely, utterly, 100%.

As in, the athletic endeavour in question is 100% decided by judging.

Please read thoroughly.

Go to Top of Page

Deaner
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  17:43:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has got to be 100% no doubt about it Georges St Pierre...the guy is in the toughest sport known to mankind and has literally dominated everybody in his path...only two people have beat him and he ruined matt hughes twice after ( and he was beating him in the first fight before he tapped ) and after his loss to matt serra he beat the living shart out of him...before that fight i had never seen somebody tap from knees to the body. as an athlete the guy is on top and the fact that he is probably the most loved fighter in the entire world not only in canada is amazing and just goes to show how good he is. i might be one of the onoly guys in the world who said all along he would ruin anderson silvas career if the two ever fought....i still stand by that statement.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  23:54:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Really? Tell that to the Buffalo Sabres. Event occured. Called not made. Buffalo loses the Stanley Cup to Dallas.
Tell that to the NY Jets against the Ravens 125 yds in penalty. How about the catch that is not a catch in the Arizona game (I think)? Refs have huge impact on how wins andlosses based on their judgement. Refs can't make a call until an activity is completed. You pitch, they make the call. They can't call strike or ball or foul or in until the event is completed.

You could go on forever with this, but let's not forget the Steelers/Seahawks superbowl just a few years back. The ref's have since more or less admitted they screwed up th pass interference call that pretty much changed the game in Pitt's favor!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  23:59:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deaner

has got to be 100% no doubt about it Georges St Pierre...the guy is in the toughest sport known to mankind and has literally dominated everybody in his path...only two people have beat him and he ruined matt hughes twice after ( and he was beating him in the first fight before he tapped ) and after his loss to matt serra he beat the living shart out of him...before that fight i had never seen somebody tap from knees to the body. as an athlete the guy is on top and the fact that he is probably the most loved fighter in the entire world not only in canada is amazing and just goes to show how good he is. i might be one of the onoly guys in the world who said all along he would ruin anderson silvas career if the two ever fought....i still stand by that statement.

Here's my problem(s) with picking a boxer or MMA guy (or wrestler, etc). Longevity for one. These guys are usually only on top of their sport for a short period. Not to mention, they only fight a couple times a year! Baseball may not be the most strenuous, but these guys play 162 games NOT INCLUDING playoffs (if they qualify). Secondly, weight classes. If GSP is so good, why is he not kicking the crap outta Brock Lesner??? Does this make Brock Lesner a "great athlete"? If he were Canadian, would he be getting votes over Steve Nash and Larry Walker???

BTW, anyone dissing baseball because of "roids" and supporting MMA......ah, nevermind......
Go to Top of Page

Deaner
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  05:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i could put it this way...give GSP a baseball bat and i guarantee that he would last a lot longer in baseball than any single MLB player would last in MMA...look at Canseco lol. there are a lot of games a year in baseball yes but look at how the fighters are training all year long until their fights...thats insane amount of training and preperation compared to some of these baseball players that have a bigger gut than me and still play, just sayin...
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  08:36:40  Reply with Quote
Donovan Bailey
Fastest man in the world at one point - and he proved it to the world, from the USA !
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  09:58:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deaner

well i could put it this way...give GSP a baseball bat and i guarantee that he would last a lot longer in baseball than any single MLB player would last in MMA...look at Canseco lol. there are a lot of games a year in baseball yes but look at how the fighters are training all year long until their fights...thats insane amount of training and preperation compared to some of these baseball players that have a bigger gut than me and still play, just sayin...

I hardly think the comparison you gives works in this case. Take a guy like Anderson Silva for example and put him in an NHL game. I'm guessing he's prob not a great skater, therefore would prob be more lost in an NHL game than say Tie Domi would be in an MMA fight? To say GSP would last longer in baseball is to say he'd "make it" to begin with? Just don't think the comparison is fair in evaluating talent in something like this.
As for guys with big guts, are offensive linemen in the NFL not athletes because of their belly's???
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  11:01:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gentlemen(and Ladies) I think most people are way over-thinking this question.

People are confusing the question with training, not athletics.

This garbage about give a MMA guy a baseball bat or put Anderson Silva on skates is completely irrelevant. Specifically the later as the guy is from Brazil. More so than anything else I have read is this gibberish about weight classes. I mean c'mon!! Brock Lesner is a brilliant athlete. I would challenge most 300 lbs people to move the way he does. However, that does not take away from GSP's abilities at more than 100lbs less!!

Here is the deal, strength, speed, endurance, ability, balance etc are all athletic traits which I believe GSP has in spades over most if not any Canadian "PRO" athlete today. However, success wise, one could argue a few others. Regardless, this who could do who's sport better arguments are, as a wise man often says, "strawman arguments."

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  11:52:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately though Beans, the poll question isn't really clear then. It asks for the "best" Canadian pro athlete NOT playing hockey. First of all, this assumes that a hockey player IS the best Canadian athlete, and that could be argued. What is "best" in this case? Most successful? Most dominant in his/her sport? Most physically fit? I could go on....
Same goes for your belief that GSP "has in spades" over most other Cdn pro athletes those traits listed, but in what way? You say, strength, speed, endurance, ability, balance, etc. Strength, sure, maybe, but are you talking weightlifting? I'd be willing to bet there's a ton of CFL guys out there who are "stronger" than him. Speed? Sure, in mma, but is he faster in mma than a baseball player may be stealing second or legging out a triple? I won't go on as i'm sure you see my points. Yes, he's definitely the "whole package" in his sport but my argument would be that, for a time, Steve Nash was the best player in a sport that not only has more participants, but a sport that a Canadian has never before excelled to the extent he has or did.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  13:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alex, this is where the weight class comment was so absurd. You can not compare athletes across different sports straight up. Heck, you can't even compare athlete's within a sport straight up. It's like saying a WR is a better athlete than a DE because they are faster or the DE is better because they are strong.

It's subjective and can not be proven definatively. However, one can look at things subjectively. Here is why I say GSP is the best athlete.

1 - Watch him train. He does things that most people can't imagine doing in regards to training. He trains evenly in strength, speed, endurance, etc and is strong in every athletic aspect.

2 - Look at him fight - He is compete against guys of similar size and it's not even a contest. There has never been a guy that beat or even competed with GSP in his sport at his physical level

3 - GSP vs George Laraque - Find the OTR where they spared. It was sick. GSP at his approx 180 lbs training weight against George Laraque at 250 lbs and arguable the best fighting in the NHL. It was no contest. GSP was unbelievable strong compared to a man that outweighed him by 70+ lbs.

So you are right, there are guys that are stronger, faster, etc. However, comparatively speaking, I can't think of a Canadian Pro athlete today that has everything together like GSP.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  14:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans, totally understand where you're coming from in the comparisons and that's kinda what i was getting at going back to the Silva on skates comparison. Someone mentioned seeing GSP with a bad, blah, blah, blah and that was exactly my point, you can't compare them.

Again, i re-iterate, what is the standard we are looking for in answering this question. I'll concede, GSP is athletically and physically superb to Steve Nash, it's really no contest. But i still feel Nash exceeds GSP in accomplishments given their sports. My opinion of course.

Answer me this though, if, and this is a HUGE if, Nash had won the mvp 8 yrs in a row and won 5 championships, who would your vote go to? This will answer just what your criteria is for this poll question. If you still say GSP, cool, then you're talking about who's the best physically all around. IF you say Nash, you're talking more about accomplishments. See, we're really prob not even disagreeing here if we can only figure out the criteria...
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  21:12:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alex, you came late to the party!

I talked in a previous post stating nearly exactly what you said. Success in their sport, it absolutely is Nash. However, as I read the question as best athlete meaning athletic abilities and not success in their sport, I say GSP.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4350
( )

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  12:55:03  Reply with Quote
I'll go with someone recently in the news and off the boards. Clara Hughes. Who says that they have to be a guy? She skates and bikes at olympic medal levels. Talk about training and discipline. Her lower body strength is unlikely to be matched by anyone.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page