Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Jakub Voracek Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  10:52:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My oh my how this forum can affect you

This guy seems to appear over and over again in "favorite player" threads and elsewhere. So much so, that i suggested at one point that he must be posting here .

So, i've got him in both pools i've drafted so far. Picked him late(r), as in 7th or 8th round? Anyone think this guy is worthy of 60pts or more this season?

Mckeen's ranks him 86th at 57 projected points
The Sports Forcaster has him 51st at 69 projected points

Thoughts?

Guest9100
( )

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  12:51:42  Reply with Quote
Played with him in Halifax for the Mooseheads....he is very capable of getting 60 points. Just give him the puck and watch him do his thing
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  12:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly, I don't know enough about his to say what he can do.

What I can say is that bad teams often produce only a very few solid players.

Last season, nearly 1/2 (27) of the players who scored 60 or more points came from the top 10 ranked teams in the league. Compare that with just 16 and 17 players respectively from the bottom end and middle of the NHL who had 60 or more points.

10 teams in the NHL had 1 or fewer 60 point scorers, of those only 4 made the playoffs. Those teams that had one or no 60 point players included Toronto, Edmonton, Florida. 3 of the 4 worst teams in the NHL.

The most telling piece of information is that the top ten teams in the league not only produce more higher scoring players, they also score more. The average points in a season of the players from the top ten teams in the league had an average of 79.2 points while the player from the bottom ten teams in the league had an average of 69.75 with the middle of the NHL averaging 68.23.

Bottom line, better teams produce more higher scoring players and they score more on average than the worse teams. The saving grace is that there is little difference between the bad and average teams in the NHL. So getting into the 7th and 8th round of the draft, the difference between a player on the bottom teams and those fighting for playoffs spots is irrelevant.

Unfortunately, CBJ is one of those worse teams. I can't see anyone on that squad getting more than 60 points with the exception of Nash. Vermette and Huselius might get close.
I actually think they got worse over the summer.

Go to Top of Page

Guest5806
( )

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  13:32:15  Reply with Quote
2nd line player with no supporting cast on his line or defence, not partially talented, pass
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  14:33:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got him in round 14...draft pool with only 8 people mind you, shedhead pool..))
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page