Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 Ovechkins scoring Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

doublechamp7
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
278 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2010 :  15:54:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alexander Ovechkin has 21 assists this year to be tied for 3rd in the leaugue in this stat and has 10 goals for 14th in the leaugue and less than half as much as Stamkos, the leader in that stat. Why is that?

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2010 :  16:04:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because his passes(or missed shots) have lead to more goals than his shots have gone into the net.

Kidding aside, I think as teams play against him more and more, he needs to change his game to stay as productive. Much like Crosby was an assist driven scorer in his first 3 years, he has now become a more dangerous goal scorer.

Semin actually playing to his potential doesn't hurt Ovechkin's assists total either.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2010 :  18:35:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it has a lot to do with Semin, actually. He is almost as hot as Stamkos was, maybe hotter when you consider he's had three hattricks this season already! But on the team dynamic, when one guy is dictating offence and is the hotter of the two, then yeah, he'll get the pass for the shot more often than not.

When Semin goes cold in, oh, January - Ovechkin will pick right up and he will once again become top dog sniper. Until then, I have to respect the fact that Ovie is ok with less points and goals, and getting wins.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  01:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's because OV is starting to figure out it's a team sport and not the OV show.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page