Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Roberts to the Pens? The ball is in his court. Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  10:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
The Florida Panther forward was told by General Manager Jacques Martin this morning after practice that the club had found a trade it deemed acceptable and all that is required to consummate the transaction is Roberts' waiving of his no-trade clause.

But that may be easier said than done.

Roberts had made it abundantly clear that he would only waive his no-trade clause for two teams - the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators. And sources suggest the deal the Panthers have worked out with Roberts is with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

While sources suggest Roberts is still intent on playing in only Toronto or Ottawa, he apparently is going to take some time to consider the Panthers' wishes. But that should not necessarily be confused with waiving the no-trade clause to go to Pittsburgh or anywhere else other than Toronto or Ottawa.

Roberts did not accompany the Panthers' on their flight this afternoon to Washington, but is expected to let the Panthers know later today whether he will waive the no-trade clause to go to Pittsburgh.

While Ottawa and Toronto have shown some interest in acquiring Roberts, Pittsburgh has shown the most interest. Sources say the Penguins are prepared to give up a young roster player with potential in exchange for Roberts, who is an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season.

Stay tuned.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197768&hubname=

If I am Roberts, I go to Pittsburgh.

Lrocker
Top Prospect

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  11:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I am the Pens, I'd better hope my goaltending will get me far into the playoffs. Fleury and Thibault are not game winning goalies. If I am Crosby I'd better not be counting on Roberts to ride shotgun for me.

"Bye Bye!" John McLaughlin
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  12:04:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roberts would be great addition to the Pens. They dont have many old guys (The only ones coming to mind are Gonchar and Recchi) which they need to stay strong in the playoffs. If I was Roberts I would play with Pittsburg, then play with the Panthers,
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  14:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, Roberts would be a greta playmaker for Recchi or Armstrong....

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page