Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2nd round curse out west Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest9190
( )

Posted - 03/07/2011 :  17:40:46  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Will the Vancouver Canucks 2nd round curse finally end in the 2011 postseason?

Choices:

Yes
No

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  08:49:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thnik they won't only because lets face it in the west this year i think any of the 8 teams could easily emerge as the western champs...

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  10:06:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

I thnik they won't only because lets face it in the west this year i think any of the 8 teams could easily emerge as the western champs...

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker

You're not kidding! Everytime i look at the standings, i have trouble picking teams i wouldn't be a little worried about the Canucks having to play. As usual, it's gonna come down to which team is the "hotter" team at the right time for most of the matchups!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  06:21:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It really is a crapshoot at this point, even though I voted Vancouver to make it to the third round.

Usually it's the East with all the upsets, but this year, I think it'll be the west with at least two upsets in the first round. I do think Vancouver has the cajones to avoid these upsets, however; they are a very, very balanced team, with no glaring weaknesses.

I think a team like Anaheim is the team to avoid this year if they get in, or perhaps Calgary - those teams have the best goalies IMHO with a decent team to boot. But even then, I'd think the Canucks could dispose of them in 5, 6 games at most.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  09:13:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its hard to even call possible outcomes "upsets", the rankings are so close. Is it really much of an upset if CGY beats DET (the current 2-7 matchup if the playoffs started today) - CGY is only 7 points back of DET at this point! Never mind the 3-6 and 4-5 matchups that are even closer - coin tosses. You can't call anything with any reliability right now in the west.

It will ultimately come down to who is hot going in to the playoffs - certain teams will be on winning streaks, or had strong play over the past week... those will be the teams to watch out for. I can't help but wonder if CGY peaked too early, and I'm happy that VAN is going through their mediocre moments now.

Edited by - nuxfan on 03/09/2011 09:14:06
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  11:06:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chicago is warming up right at the right time. They are 8-2-0 in their last 10 and have climbed from at low as 11th to 4th. They are tied with Vancouver for most GF and have played one less game than the Canucks.

Remember all those people saying that Chicago couldn't possibly be as good as they were last year after gutting all those 3rd and 4th line players??

I would consider the top of the West being almost as it is layed out in the standings today. Van #1, Det #2, Chi #3, and SJ #4 in the first round of the playoffs. I would consider any of those teams losing in the 1st round as an upset but, as stated, not a huge upset based on how good and how tight the west is.

That being said, once the playoffs start, Van goes to #3 in my ratings for no other reason than CHI and DET have both won the Cup recently and they have far better coaching. Knowing my luck, because I am making such a stink about the coaching in Vancouver I will be proven wrong. But I'm still not sold.

If Van runs into CHI or DET in the 2nd round, they lose a tight series. If they play SJ, they win a tight series. If they play anyone else I think they win reasonably easiry (4 games to 2 games or better).

Edited by - Beans15 on 03/09/2011 12:02:37
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  11:09:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Chicago is warming up right at the right time. They are 8-2-0 in their last 10 and have climbed from at low as 11th to 4th. They are tied with Vancouver for most GF and have played one less game can than Canucks.

Yup....and i for one, would really like to see them go away!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page