Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Detroit and San Jose Game 7! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest7601
( )

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  00:42:53  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who will win game seven between the Detroit Redwings and the San Jose Sharks?

Choices:

Detroit Redwings
San Jose Sharks

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  05:50:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the time when experience should be the tipping point. With the Sharks coming off two games where they had the lead in the 3rd period and lost, the Wings also have the momentum and confidence.

The Shark tank will be rockin, which will be an impact. But if Detroit can shut them up early it will be a Detroit win.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  06:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, this is huge indeed. Besides Beans and I having an avatar riding on what is now just this one game, it's the only game 7 in the second round, and it's been a great, extremely tight series.

And when I say tight, I do mean tight. Not counting last game's empty net goal, they are dead even in goals scored, every game a one goal victory, two coming in overtime. Every game has had drama in the last half of the third period. And of the games I watched, both have dominated at times, and both have been (surprisingly for me, in both cases) very, very physical.

In the end, from a purist hockey perspective, I am glad Detroit came back to win the next three and extend this series . . . there has been some very exciting hockey to watch. But it'll all end tonight. So who wins?

It's a coin toss. I was surprised that the Sharks had Detroit at 3-0 at one point, and I have been surprised at Howard's great performance in net to allow Detroit to come back from that defecit. Both teams, probably more so the Sharks, have had suspect defensive coverage at times. I have been surprised at how punishing physically the Sharks have been at times, and at how Detroit really came back with much of the same stuff - they are resilient. Of the Sharks key players, none of them except the goalie has a Stanley Cup, but they have been in this situation before, and are all well experienced with this kind of pressure. Detroit is Detroit - the epitomy of experienced.

To me, Detroit's edge in experience and playoff tenacity is countered by slow aging defence and a goalie who may not have the big save in a pressure filled game 7 (his second if memory serves correct, as he was the winner in that game 7 debacle against Phoenix last year).

Marleau did not show up last game as I predicted he would. Maybe he is injured? I have no idea . . . but against a Detroit team which displayed the incredible tenacity like in Game 6 . . . the Sharks need Marleau to be one of the three stars of the game, I think, to win it.

Last thought - I have never seen Thornton play as tough ans physical as this year - he has surprised me. To me, it's Thornton vs Datsyuk, and it's been a beut so far.

O/T, Sharks win in front of the home crowd, 3-2.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  08:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have to go with home ice for game 7. Sharks will take it 5-3. I bet marleau has been listening to the news and is bigtime ready for the game.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  08:36:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet one thing for certain and that is I will miss the game>

Sadly, a double header soccer game take priority. But I will be checking the ticker on my phone between shifts.

Detroit, 3-2. San Jose will be up 1-0 for most of the 1st and 2nd period. Detroit will score late in the 2nd. San Jose will score in the first 5 minutes of the 3rd period and then Detroit will own the last 15 minutes of the game. Detroit will tie it about the 12 min mark and take the lead with about 7 to go. San Jose will throw everything at Howard and he will stand tall and win the game.

Edited by - Beans15 on 05/12/2011 10:48:24
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  10:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Sadly, a double header soccer game take priority. But I will be checking the ticker on my phone between shifts.

Detroit, 3-2. San Jose will be up 1-0 for most of the 1st and 2nd period. Detroit will score late in the 3rd. San Jose will score in the first 5 minutes of the 3rd period and then Detroit will own the last 15 minutes of the game. Detroit will tie it about the 12 min mark and take the lead with about 7 to go. San Jose will throw everything at Howard and he will stand tall and win the game.

So Beans, exactly how many 3rd periods will that make it? Two? Three?

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  10:47:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Detroit, 3-2. San Jose will be up 1-0 for most of the 1st and 2nd period. Detroit will score late in the 3rd. San Jose will score in the first 5 minutes of the 3rd period and then Detroit will own the last 15 minutes of the game. Detroit will tie it about the 12 min mark and take the lead with about 7 to go. San Jose will throw everything at Howard and he will stand tall and win the game.

So Beans, exactly how many 3rd periods will that make it? Two? Three?

Well, it appears there will be 2-3rd periods. Isn't that how many there is in a regular game??

I made the edit required for my logic to make sense. It should have read "Detroit will score late in the 2nd" not "Late in the 3rd"
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  18:25:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did i just hear that stat correctly? Patrick Marleau only has 1 assist in 16 career game 6/7's?
Go to Top of Page

Nucks07
Top Prospect

Canada
45 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  19:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

Did i just hear that stat correctly? Patrick Marleau only has 1 assist in 16 career game 6/7's?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ya thats what I heard also..Talk about being clutch in the big games, no wonder Marleau is getting alot of crap lately

Edited by - Nucks07 on 05/12/2011 19:30:42
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  19:13:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bertuzzi out with "upper body injury"??? Lol.....looked like he tweaked his knee to me when they showed the replay!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  19:53:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cleary out now too, a brutal knee-on-knee hit with Hudler...suddenly I'm thinking DET would be a great team to meet in the semi's - no Bert, no Clearly, no Franzen.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  20:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

he's no Mike Cammalleri 8 goals in 8 career game 7's and soemthing like 15 points,, but of course he 's hab could we expect any less!

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2011 :  04:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am still upset that I missed everything but a few quick looks at this game, as I had my long lost bro in town for just one night. Didn't go to O/T, but I had the score dead on.

All credit to Detroit, they were better than I thought they were, and were truly only a bounce here or there away from winning. Sports is tough sometimes, and when a series is this close, nothing hurts more than losing by the slimmest of margins.

The Sharks will give the 'Nucks everything they can handle.

Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2011 :  08:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Bertuzzi out with "upper body injury"??? Lol.....looked like he tweaked his knee to me when they showed the replay!

Probably his back. He has a history of back problems.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2011 :  08:10:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it wasn't Marleau's best game ever, but he played well for most of it. He was very strong in the first, disappeared in the second, and played well in the third. He had some really strong defensive efforts in the third! And of course the 'johnny on the spot' winning goal. I wonder if he can roll that into the next series?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page