Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Winnipeg / Atlanta
 Atlanta in talks to move to Winnipeg? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  05:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like True North, the potential ownership group in the 'Peg, has been having talks with Atlanta ownership for a sale and move. Deal would be subject to approval by the league and its governors, especially since it is late for this to happen before next season.

Article in the Toronto Star detailing the story:
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/992094--thrashers-in-talks-with-winnipeg

Is the Winnipeg Thrashers a possibility, or is it yet another pipedream that will get squashed by Bettman and the governors?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Guest4626
( )

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  06:56:32  Reply with Quote
Who cares this is such old New's.... Move on Either give us the Team or Beat it.. Dont wana see another dragged out Bunch of crap like phoneix..
Go to Top of Page

ginks40
Top Prospect

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  08:33:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was listening to a local radio station this morning in Edmonton (Sonic 102.9). For those from out of town, this is just a standard music station not a sports radio one. In their news report, they reported that the NHL was drafting two versions of next season's schedule. One including Atlanta and one including Winnipeg. Now obviously this doesn't say that the move to the 'Peg will happen for sure but to me it does say that the NHL is willing to let it happen (assuming the report is accurate).
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  09:50:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think anyone would stop this one. If for no other reason, there is no prospective local ownership. The ATL group has been trying to off load this team for the past 18 months or so with absolutely no bites. Unlike Phoenix who has had some tire-kickers for that team, no one is interested in buying ATL and keeping them in ATL.

For that reason, and no other, I see a move happening and Winnipeg is the logical choice. They have ownership and new arena(al beit a small arena). The only other place that I am aware of that has a new arena is Kansas City. But do they have ownership???

Seems likely. But then what is the NHL's fall back plan if and when the City of Glendale stops carrying the bag for the Coyotes??? QC better get ground broke for their arena because there will be another team moving soon enough.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  10:50:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From everything i hear on the radiowaves around these parts, it's almost a done deal!

There was talk yesterday however, that for scheduling, they may have to not only play in the east for next season, but they may even get stuck in Atl's spot in the SE??? Could they / would they (the league) really do that to a team???

There's then speculaton that they'd move to the West in a division with Cal, Edm and possibly Van. This would likely co-inside with a move of Phoenix the following season to possibly QC which would have them obviously in the east.

I can only imagine the crowds in Phoenix if it's announced during next season that they're moving???
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  10:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard lots of rumours about the possible reshuffle - DET, NSH, and CBJ are all rumoured to be moving to the east.
Go to Top of Page

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
591 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  16:28:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

I've heard lots of rumours about the possible reshuffle - DET, NSH, and CBJ are all rumoured to be moving to the east.

that wouldn't happen next year, the board has to wait a year to vote on division changes or something like that
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  20:28:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so what happens next year? We have lopsided conferences? If ATL moves to the western conference next year, a team has to move from west to east to balance it out.
Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  02:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Winnipeg Thrashers... kinda has a ring to it if they keep the name. I doubt they'd be allowed to be called the Jets, wlthough I think the Coyotes would have been allowed had they relocated since they were the original Jets.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  07:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Might not be next year - might even be this year. If you actually took the time to read the article, guys, they explained that while it would normally require a year, with BOG approval, it could get expedited through. And, reportedly, two schedules are now being made up - one for Atlanta, one with Winnipeg.

I think it's a very, very real possibility there are 7 Canadian teams by the beginning of the 11/12 season.

Just wish the 7th team was a second Toronto team, but Winnipeg is better at serving Canadian hockey fervor than Atlanta, that's for sure.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  07:56:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I understand, the if the BOG approves the sale but do not do anything with the divisions/conferences, then Winnipeg takes ATL's spot in the southeast.

I would think they would do some kind of shuffle though. The travel in that conference would the foolish.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  09:51:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

From what I understand, the if the BOG approves the sale but do not do anything with the divisions/conferences, then Winnipeg takes ATL's spot in the southeast.

I would think they would do some kind of shuffle though. The travel in that conference would the foolish.

Yeah Beans - almost as bad as Detroit's, Edmonton's and Calgary's travel schedules in their division/conference.

Almost.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4312
( )

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  11:37:32  Reply with Quote
Winnipeg Thrashers.... that sounds terrible other than the winnipeg part of it. I've heard if they relocate that they are using Manitoba ..... steal the moose name its a good one
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  11:46:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

quote:

Yeah Beans - almost as bad as Detroit's, Edmonton's and Calgary's travel schedules in their division/conference.

Almost.

Detroit?? Really?? How far are they from Chicago, Nashville, Columbus, and St. Louis??? Bollocks to that!!!

Edmonton and Calgary - absolutely. But even their travel is only tough considering COL and Minn. Van/Edm/Cal is around 1 hour by plane.

Not only would Winnipeg to Florida and the Carolina's be bad, but those teams would also all have to travel north.

Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  12:33:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think they should switch with Nashville. Having Nashville in the southeast and Winnipeg in the central.

Chicago, Detroit, Columbus, St Louis and Winnipeg is not too bad. Tampa Bay, Florida, Carolina, Washington and Nashville... not too bad.

If it happens and If it's possible. but for travelling measure I think it would be the easiest, closest and more simple way to do it.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  13:50:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Detroit will eventually move to the East. There is a publicized agreement with Detroit that once a spot in the East opens up, it is theirs. It comes from back in the day when Detroit moved from the East to the West to accomodate the expansion in the 90's.

Personally, I would do the divisions like this:

Northwest - Winnipeg, Edmonton, Minnesota, Calgary, Vancouver
Pacific - Colorado, Los Angeles, San Jose, Phoenix, Anaheim
Central - Chicago, St. Louis, Columbus, Nashville, Dallas

Northeast - Boston, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Buffalo
Atlantic - Detroit, Pittsburgh, NYR, NYI, New Jersey
Southeast - Philly, Washington, Florida, Carolina, Tampa Bay

Go to Top of Page

doublechamp7
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
278 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  13:56:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To all people talking about the teeam being named the Winnipeg Thrashers: There is a team(Im not sure but I think it's a AAA midget team) in winnipeg called the Thrashers, they have the Thrashers logo, excactly. I hope they wouldn't kick up a fuss about that, but there is a possibility they might, and Chipman and co. wouldn't want to go down that road.

Bring back the Jets!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  16:26:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i think they should switch with Nashville. Having Nashville in the southeast and Winnipeg in the central.

Chicago, Detroit, Columbus, St Louis and Winnipeg is not too bad. Tampa Bay, Florida, Carolina, Washington and Nashville... not too bad.

That would be the easiest switch to make for sure (only 2 teams move). It would be a shame to not get MIN into that central division though, I suspect you could get quite a good rivalry between WIN/MIN/CHI. Perhaps move SJ to the NW (to make up for the loss of MIN), and move STL into the Pacific.

Go to Top of Page

Guest2160
( )

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  21:01:57  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by doublechamp7

To all people talking about the teeam being named the Winnipeg Thrashers: There is a team(Im not sure but I think it's a AAA midget team) in winnipeg called the Thrashers, they have the Thrashers logo, excactly. I hope they wouldn't kick up a fuss about that, but there is a possibility they might, and Chipman and co. wouldn't want to go down that road.

Bring back the Jets!

Yes its a AAA midget team, one of my friends is on that team, they won the Telus Cup this year
Go to Top of Page

Guest0693
( )

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  10:45:40  Reply with Quote
Well, its happening! Official anouncement is Tuesday...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  13:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, let's not get too ahead of ourselves yet folks, just a press conference called. But if I was to judge from the way the media is covering it, it sure does look pretty certain . . .

Beans mentioned Detroit's agreement about moving back to the East, and I remember that myself. I think that it is a very real possibility, and that it might just well be Winnipeg directly replacing Detriot (that makes the most sense, and it fits geographically). But where does Detroit go then?

Well, we would be left with Atlanta's empty spot in the south-east division, and we'd have a team (Detroit) that realistically should be coming back to where it came from, the north-east division.

So then why not move Boston to the Atlantic division (basically it should be there anyways) and thus we have the new Northeast Division:
Montreal, Buffalo, Toronto, Ottawa, Detroit

Except that now, you'd have to move someone from the Atlantic division to the Southeast Division (to fill the void left by Atlanta) . . . and that just doesn't seem to work, in that you'd be seperate some natural rivalry.

And then putting Detroit in any of the other East divisions doesn't work either.

So my thinking is, it won't happen.

My guess right now? Nashville moves to the Southeast to take Atlanta's spot, and fits in seamlessly as a southern team in that region. Then Winnipeg moves to the Central Division.

Altered Divisions . . . .

Southeast
Washinton, Nashville, Tampa Bay, Florida, Carolina

Central
Detroit, Winnipeg, Chicago, St.Louis, Columbus

Any other thoughts?

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  13:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Altered Divisions . . . .

Southeast
Washinton, Nashville, Tampa Bay, Florida, Carolina

Central
Detroit, Winnipeg, Chicago, St.Louis, Columbus

Any other thoughts?

NSH or CBJ could easily fit into the SE division, and I think it makes sense to have WPG in the central (despite their history of being in the NW). Despite DET wanting to move back to the east, this seems the least painful a move.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  13:42:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Washington is already in the SE, Philly would make the most sense to drop into that division as they are geographically closer to Washington than any other team.

Atlantic becomes NYR, NYI, Pitt, Bos, and NJ

NE becomes TOR, BUFF, DET, MONT, and OTT

SE becomes WAS, PHI, CAR, FLA, TB.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  14:43:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

As Washington is already in the SE, Philly would make the most sense to drop into that division as they are geographically closer to Washington than any other team.

Atlantic becomes NYR, NYI, Pitt, Bos, and NJ

NE becomes TOR, BUFF, DET, MONT, and OTT

SE becomes WAS, PHI, CAR, FLA, TB.

But like I said Beans, I honestly don't see the NHL splitting up the natural geaographical and historical and political rivalry between Pittsburgh and Philly. I cannot see splitting them up - and would either agree to it? Not likely . . . it's more travel, they lose revenue when they play more games against those terrible draws (Florida, Carolina). Then again, the Isles aren't the greatest draw, and having Ovechkin come to your barn more often is always a money-maker.

Almost makes one thing Pittsburgh first, as they have a rivalry with Washington a bit.

I'll say this much: I would love to have Detroit back in the northeast, purely from a hockey perspective. Great rivalry with the Leafs, and Detroit benefits greatly from the Canadian traffic increase during Leaf games, and even during the Montreal games I'd say. Detroit is hurting right now financially due to the economy, and any way they can help get more fans in the seats for what is a perennial playoff team is all good, IMHO.

Still, it's complicated to move someone to the southeast. I am thinking of more complicated shuffles . . . but the more teams that have to move, the more unlikely it is to happen.

Let me ponder further.

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  15:05:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Still, it's complicated to move someone to the southeast. I am thinking of more complicated shuffles . . . but the more teams that have to move, the more unlikely it is to happen.

I think you had it on the first go Slozo. The nice thing about moving NSH is that Nashville is already in the SE United States, they're only a few hundred miles from Atlanta. The NHL has a very good chance to make this a very easy move, which given the short notice should be what they want for all.

ATL and NSH swap places, and ATL is out of Winnipeg.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  15:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got it. Lots of moving, but see how this grabs ya!

Dallas moves to the southeast to replace Atlanta, first off. Seems like a good fit, and of all the southern teams in the western conference, they are the farthest out there. And, they are certainly more southern than Pacific, lol.

Who goes to the Pacific? I'd move Colorado there . . . closest geographically, and you just decreased everyone's travel in that division.

Now who replaces Colorado in the Northwest division? Why, the Winnpipeg Thrashing Jets, that's who. Closer than Minny, and about the same distance as Colorado from the Alberta teams and Vancouver.

Suddenly, everyone is taken care of, and Detroit stays. Hmm. New divisions look like this:

Northwest
Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Minnesota

Pacific
San Jose, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Colorado

Southeast
Washington, Tampa Bay, Dallas, Carolina, Atlanta

What I like about this proposal:
- the southeast division gets stronger, and the eastern conference gets a bit stronger, with Dallas coming over. That division has a true southern team in Dallas
- a bit less travel for the northwest, and they have a more natural rival in Minnesota
- a bit less travel for the Pacific, a lot less travel for Colorado and they have a more natural rivalry with those Coyotes . . . I guess, if they are staying.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  15:36:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo, I like your idea but I Alex has a point too.

What about this.

DIV#1 - VAN, EDM, CGY, WIN, MIN
DIV#2 - LA, PHX, COL, SJ, ANA
DIV#3 - DAL, NAS, CAR, TB, FLA
DIV#4 - STL, CJB, PITT, PHI, WAS
DIV#5 - CHI, DET, TOR, MONT, OTT
DIV#6 - NJ, NYI, NYR, BOS, BUF

No more East or West conferences. The top from each Division move to the playoffs and are seeded 1-6. The next top 12 teams make the playoffs regardless of division. Teams making the playoffs are seeded 1-16 and 1 plays 16, 2 plays 15 etc.

Too crazy????

Edited by - Beans15 on 05/20/2011 15:37:42
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  16:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I need to change my avatar to a .jpg that says "I am NOT Alex"

Well honestly Beans, if you're going to go that far, why not just scrap divisions entirely - a single league of 30 teams. Every team plays 3 games against each opponent at least one in each other's home. Extend the season to 87 games by scrapping almost all the exhibition season.

Or 2 conferences of 15 each. Each team plays each member of their conference 4 times, and each team in the other conference 2 times a year. Season is extended to 84 games, turn 2 pre-season games into real games and go.

Its already getting difficult to fit enough teams into the "west" in order to make evenly balanced conferences work. And I like the idea of a full league, so that travel is evenly balanced between all teams.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4668
( )

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  16:46:45  Reply with Quote
Maniotba Mooooooooooose all the way baby why change anything in the arena or Jersey's...
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  18:26:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

I think I need to change my avatar to a .jpg that says "I am NOT Alex"

Well honestly Beans, if you're going to go that far, why not just scrap divisions entirely - a single league of 30 teams. Every team plays 3 games against each opponent at least one in each other's home. Extend the season to 87 games by scrapping almost all the exhibition season.

Or 2 conferences of 15 each. Each team plays each member of their conference 4 times, and each team in the other conference 2 times a year. Season is extended to 84 games, turn 2 pre-season games into real games and go.

Its already getting difficult to fit enough teams into the "west" in order to make evenly balanced conferences work. And I like the idea of a full league, so that travel is evenly balanced between all teams.

Sorry Sir. You guys look the same, sound the same, I think you might be Daniel and Henrik!!!

How about this schedule idea:

Expand the season to 84 games, shrinking the pre-season by 2 games.

Within your Division = 6 games each (24 games)
Next Division (D1 plays D2, D3 plays D4, D5 plays D6) = 4 games each = 20 games.
The other 4 divisions (20 teams) 2 games each = 40 games.

84 Game seasons.

What the NHL would also do is kind of like the NFL and rotate the 4 game opposite division games and roll through all the divisions on a 5 year rotation.

But NUX, I agree. With the travel and the technology today, spread the games around regardless of divison/conference.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9179
( )

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  23:22:04  Reply with Quote
I know nothing is confirmed yet, but I would have preferred the Coyotes moving to Winnipeg, and not the Thrashers.

After all, the Coyotes were formed when the Jets left Winnipeg, and when you think about it now, it's hard to believe a team in the Arizona desert was able to scoop a team from Canada.

But the times were different. The NHL really wanted to expand to the US, the exchange rate was favourable to the US, and Winnipeg was not able to support an NHL franchise.

I'm really pulling for Winnipeg to put this deal together. They deserve an NHL franchise more than the bottom 3-4 current NHL teams. (By bottom, I mean fan support.)
Go to Top of Page

Guest9179
( )

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  23:23:22  Reply with Quote
I know nothing is confirmed yet, but I would have preferred the Coyotes moving to Winnipeg, and not the Thrashers.

After all, the Coyotes were formed when the Jets left Winnipeg, and when you think about it now, it's hard to believe a team in the Arizona desert was able to scoop a team from Canada.

But the times were different. The NHL really wanted to expand to the US, the exchange rate was favourable to the US, and Winnipeg was not able to support an NHL franchise.

I'm really pulling for Winnipeg to put this deal together. They deserve an NHL franchise more than the bottom 3-4 current NHL teams. (By bottom, I mean fan support.)
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  00:10:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys. While the shifting of individual teams is on topic, the discussion around scrapping the current divisions and conferences And the number of games per season is a bit of a stretch. Please set up a new topic for that subject if desired. Keep this one on te Jets/Thrashers. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  09:49:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnipegs AHL team the Manitoba Moose have relocated to St. johns.
To make way for the thrashers. And in today's paper, the headline in the Winnipeg free press said : " Tuesday will be a good day"

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  10:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by semin-rules

Winnipegs AHL team the Manitoba Moose have relocated to St. johns.
To make way for the thrashers. And in today's paper, the headline in the Winnipeg free press said : " Tuesday will be a good day"

[/quote

Are you serious? The AHL team has ALREADY relocated? Well, I guess that really seals the deal then . . . hunh.

You know, with all this division re-jigging talk, we haven't spoken much about the new name . . . what is everyone's best guess?

I think we can throw out the Jets, as pointed out earlier, they technically can't do it if it's not the Phoenix franchise coming back.

The "Thrashers" name is not going to stick, one would think. Maybe "Threshers" (you have to be a farm boy to get that reference), but not the Thrashers.

Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  12:13:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the name "Roughriders" available?

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2012.
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  12:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

In Winnipeg???? In Manitoba????

Are you kidding? Do you realize how deep of a rivalry there is with SASKATCHEWAN Roughriders and whatever that Winnipeg team is called???

I'm not sure if it's because you are actually an OIL fan in ONTARIO, but just west of you guys there are actually a few provinces, each having their own sports teams and such....

*shaking head* Here I thought that stereotype of Ontarians not knowing much outside their own importance, was just a myth!!

Disclaimer: to those Ontarians who are fluent in all of Canada, please do not take offence. To those who resemble my remark.....it doesn't matter, I don't live in Ontario and therefore barely exist to you.

Roughriders in Winnipeg/Manitoba.......geez!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  13:04:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The latest I heard is the team would be called the Manitoba Moose. Not Winnipeg, but Manitoba.

Not sure as everything is still speculation to this point, but I have never been a fan of the name 'the Moose," but that's just me.
Go to Top of Page

impropriety
Top Prospect

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  13:24:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess it's time I start posting about this, because I raised a fuss about it last year and kind of disappeared afterwards...

I really think they need to keep the Jets name, even if they go with the Manitoba Jets instead of reverting back to the original moniker. The main issue I see is that Jets merch has been selling steadily since the old Jets left. People wear their Jets jerseys out on the town, and especially to the AHL Moose games. Regardless of what the team is called when they come back, there will be 15,003 fans wearing Jets jerseys when the puck drops at the home opener. That doesn't exactly look great for whatever network is broadcasting (CBC?). If they want to keep the merchandise revenue stream open, they should redesign the logo. People will keep buying them if only to get the current players' names on the back.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  13:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

In Winnipeg???? In Manitoba????

Are you kidding? Do you realize how deep of a rivalry there is with SASKATCHEWAN Roughriders and whatever that Winnipeg team is called???

I'm not sure if it's because you are actually an OIL fan in ONTARIO, but just west of you guys there are actually a few provinces, each having their own sports teams and such....

*shaking head* Here I thought that stereotype of Ontarians not knowing much outside their own importance, was just a myth!!

Disclaimer: to those Ontarians who are fluent in all of Canada, please do not take offence. To those who resemble my remark.....it doesn't matter, I don't live in Ontario and therefore barely exist to you.

Roughriders in Winnipeg/Manitoba.......geez!

Yeah, sorry. I was kidding. My humour tends to be a bit dry sometimes. I was only referring to the fact that the "Roughrider" moniker is so popular that it was employed by both Saskatchewan and Ottawa at the same time in an eight team football league. And I know Ottawa spelled it out in two words. Still funny to me.

I do have a tremendous amount of respect for "Rider Pride", (though I am a fan of the Eskies), and apologize if I've insulted you.

To set the record straight, I do live in Ontario, but spent the first 28 years of my life in Sherwood Park, a bedroom community to Edmonton. And, yes, a decade in this province will f*** with your mind a bit. So please cut me some slack if I come off a bit audacious at times.

Just trying to keep my mind.

I suppose I probably should use emoticons, but for whatever reason, I do not.......OK I'll try one.

That was no fun at all.

Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  14:52:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No need whatsoever to apologize, I figured it was tongue in cheek, but geez, that's be akin to changing our beloved team's name to The Edmonton....Flames.....ugh.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page