Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Scrums Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  13:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boston has been just pushing it into scrums rapidly after the whistle, the refs have been advised to stop this, heck Boston keeps doing it. In my opinion Boston is taking it too far.

Don't hate me because i'm Beautiful

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  13:06:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watching the games now it apears the Canucks are using a buddy system so when a player is getting singled into a scrum instead of a fight happening, or the Canucks pushing Boston away they calmly remove their own team mate from the scrum. I think this is a very respectable move.

Don't hate me because i'm Beautiful
Go to Top of Page

spade632
Rookie

Canada
247 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  20:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see refs take more control of the scrums.

I remember in the 2006 playoffs in the Tampa vs. Ottawa series, there were 129 PIM in Game Three, an 8-4 Ottawa win. There was some concern that the "bad blood" would carry over to Game Four as some players sought "retribution."

As I recall, at one point early in Game 4 (refereed by Bill McCreary and Kelly Sutherland - the internet is a wonderful thing) McCreary went to both coaches after an after the whistle scrum and told them (or appeared to anyways) that each time there was a scrum he was simply going to take one player, whoever he happened to first put his hands on.

After that, the scrums were few and far between as no one wanted to be the one to get collared and end up, at minimum, being responsible for his team having to kill off a 2 minute penalty.

It's too bad more refs (seemingly anyways) don't do that.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  23:19:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the Canucks do seem to be doing what they can to stay out of scrums, albeit with mixed success. Game 3 was a complete fallout, and you could see them trying to stay out of them in game 4 - but once that game got out of hand they went right back to it. Game 5 they seemed to be OK again.

Is it just me, or have the Bruins played a very different game at home vs in Vancouver? Games 1, 2, and 5 have looked completely different from 3 and 4, and not just on the scoreboard...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  07:52:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The refs have 100% control (close enough, anyways) to further prevent this - it's called giving out appropriate penalties.

The reason I see Boston winning tonight in Boston again is purely because of the brutal reffing, which will continue, I fear.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  09:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo, are you saying that the games Boston has won have been based on poor reffing??? Just curious, did Boston ask to be in the penalty box for their 2 short-handed goals in game 3???

Just sayin....
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  10:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Slozo, are you saying that the games Boston has won have been based on poor reffing??? Just curious, did Boston ask to be in the penalty box for their 2 short-handed goals in game 3???

Just sayin....

Are you saying, or asking?

Where did I write anything about Boston winning because of the reffing? Just curious, since you seem to love questioning people on things they never said.

I think my writing is quite clear on the topic.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  11:43:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

The refs have 100% control (close enough, anyways) to further prevent this - it's called giving out appropriate penalties.

The reason I see Boston winning tonight in Boston again is purely because of the brutal reffing, which will continue, I fear.

Just to make sure you understand that I am challenge you on something you wrote, I bolded it above for you.

Are you saying that Boston won games 3 and 4 because of reffing??? Do you think that Boston asked to be in the penalty box for their 2 short-handed goals???

Unfortunately, I don't think your writing is that clear on the topic. Hence the questions.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page