Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Please Start Schneider Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest2756
( )

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  19:41:10  Reply with Quote
We will not win Game 7 with Lou in nets. He is screwed with all the mouthing off. It will take guts but please Start Schneider.

Guest4600
( )

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  20:26:25  Reply with Quote
This would be career suicide for Luongo...you might as well trade him, if you don;t start him in the 7th. I will agree that he gets shaky before BIG games (juniors, pro alike)...but this is his time, and you need to go with your strengths in this situation. Besides, the team played a good third period...although they need to play three periods to win G7.
Go to Top of Page

Nucks07
Top Prospect

Canada
45 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  21:53:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luongo has only let in 2 goals at home in 3 games and has 2 shutouts, why wouldnt you start him?? But he has for sure been a different goalie in boston. I got faith in him that he'll make my bday the best bday ever on wednesday
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  21:57:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will eat my shorts if Luongo does not start game 7. I would also think this is the career defining moment for him. He wins, and every monkey falls off his back. He loses and he will always be known as the guy who can't win the big one.

He will start and I expect him to play well. But, I think he will be on a short leash. If there is a 2-0 lead by Boston early he will be pulled.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  22:01:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as Beans says - no way Lu doesn't start game 7, at all. And his leash will be short. It should have been 2 goals tonight, AV should have realized after that second goal that he didn't have it going on.

As for career defining, well, I'm not sure about that... I don't think this will be the last trip to the finals with this group, it would not surprise me to see them there again next year, or possibly the year after.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  05:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed - 100% Lou starts, as everyone knows he's been night and day when starting at home or on the road against Boston. And he's been shining very, very brightly at home.

Vancouver I think is falling into the 'blame the goalie for everything' trap, I feel. I hear a lot of commentary just on Luongo from Vancouver, but not nearly as much talk on the defence, the forwards not scoring or backchecking, etc. Last night was case in point, where yeah, Luongo lets in that first goal, and it wasn't particularly hard for a quality NHLer to stop, but not a total softie either.

But that was after Henrik missed an open net. And right after that goal, the whole team falls apart mentally, and everyone starts running around like a chicken with their head cut off.

I really don't think Luongo played that badly in the first, actually.

He'll be there in game 7, and I think he will be very adequate - not "great", but very solid.

And guest 2756 . . . Luongo has won against Chicago in a game 7, in O/T - after similar blowout losses, no less. Luongo has won in O/T to win the gold medal.

What has Schneider ever done in his entire, short career, to make you think he would perform better in this ultimate game 7?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  07:26:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't agree more with pretty much everything that's been said. It will be Luongo and i agree with Beans, a 2-0 start (down) and he'll be yanked. He's not only played Boston better at home (obviously), he's played better at home in general. As was mentioned, he won a tight game 7 vs Chicago, he's won a gold medal game on that ice surface, etc.

I thought the Marchand goal was a nice goal. If that were Ovechkin scoring, no one would be saying anything about the goalie misplaying it. He came out, cut down the angle and i suppose seeing as it went short side, he must have given Marchand a little bit of net to shoot at. Well, he sure as hell found it! The Lucic goal was the back breaker. Stop that, it's a different game. Sure Henrik missed an open net, but that was a nasty bouncing puck, tough to blame him really. Couple other misses and a post or two and this could have been a 6-4 game that everyone has prob been hoping for!

Oh Wednesday night, you are going to cost me sleep, years off my life, maybe a heartattack and who knows what else?
Go to Top of Page

Oilearl
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
268 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  07:40:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lou has to start everything is on the line you go with your starter especially after he has performed in the do or die situations all through these playoffs!! It won't be a short lease it'll be a choker lease and AV will need a firm grip on it!!

As a fan of neither team I can look forward to a game 7 without the the stress and turmoil prior! To the fans of these two teams hold on it's a game you will never forget regardless of the result!!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  09:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too thought the Marchand goal was a nice one, he snapped a beautiful shot into the only place that he could have scored really, right into the top corner over Lu's shoulder. It was the second and 3rd goals that he needed to have back, the second one especially.

The only thing I can take away from game 6 was the way the Canucks played in the 3rd - very solid, got good chances, buried a couple (and almost a third from Hansen), and played with the Bruins. They have to take that and bring it back to Vancouver.

This series has been absolutely jekyll and hyde for both teams, depending on location - I don't recall seeing such a difference in style and commitment from building-to-building for both teams in a series like this.

Edited by - nuxfan on 06/14/2011 09:52:37
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  12:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wednesday will be another 1 goal game in Vancouver, but, the Bruins have lost 5 road games in a row. That streak has to end hopefully sooner than later. I do believe the B's are now inside Lou's head. Go Bruins!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page