Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 America's Team Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest0027
( )

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  20:12:15  Reply with Quote
So are the Maple Leafs the true Team America?

Points to consider:

Burke at the helm and Wilson coaching.

Forwards:
Connolly, Kessel, Brown

Defence:
Komisarek, Liles, Lashoff, Lebda, Finger

Many of Toronto's prospects that are close are also American:
Gardiner, D'Amigo, Crabb (who played last year), and latest 1st rnd draft pick Tyler Biggs.

That's a good chunk of players from south of the border, and also a good chunk of the "key" players or so-called "stars" of the team.

Our big names after Connolly, Kessel, and Liles... Phaneuf and ... Grabovski? Maybe young Schenn?

Just wondering if this is the team American's should cheer for after their team has been elimated from contention.

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  23:34:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0027

So are the Maple Leafs the true Team America?

Points to consider:

Burke at the helm and Wilson coaching.

Forwards:
Connolly, Kessel, Brown

Defence:
Komisarek, Liles, Lashoff, Lebda, Finger

Many of Toronto's prospects that are close are also American:
Gardiner, D'Amigo, Crabb (who played last year), and latest 1st rnd draft pick Tyler Biggs.

That's a good chunk of players from south of the border, and also a good chunk of the "key" players or so-called "stars" of the team.

Our big names after Connolly, Kessel, and Liles... Phaneuf and ... Grabovski? Maybe young Schenn?

Just wondering if this is the team American's should cheer for after their team has been elimated from contention.

And the habs Gomez, Gionta, Cole, Pacioretty, Gill and many many of their prospects and draft choices are of U.s Nationality, it has nothing to do with being america's team it's about takeing the best players available to help their team

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

Guest9291
( )

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  05:02:01  Reply with Quote
All this proves is that Americans care about hockey and are developing NHL caliber players at a very good rate. Maybe hockey is almost as important to them as it is to Canadians, at least in some regions of the country.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0027
( )

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  08:37:45  Reply with Quote
I don't think anything here was trying to be proved, there's no insinuations or conpiracy theories going on. just an observation. For example a lot of canadians cheered for Anaheim on their cup run because of the amount of Canadians on the team.

I think many americans, if their team was say out of the playoffs, would consider cheering for the leafs because of the American content. As it was pointed out Montreal could also be a choice.
Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  10:58:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0027

I don't think anything here was trying to be proved, there's no insinuations or conpiracy theories going on. just an observation. For example a lot of canadians cheered for Anaheim on their cup run because of the amount of Canadians on the team.

I think many americans, if their team was say out of the playoffs, would consider cheering for the leafs because of the American content. As it was pointed out Montreal could also be a choice.

the problem with the leafs is they don't make the playoff often....

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  21:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think that many Americans stop cheering for hockey once the team that they follow is out and move to baseball. Or NASCAR. Or bowling.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3287
( )

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  09:13:16  Reply with Quote
Now add David Steckel from Mil-wa-ka-ha
Go to Top of Page

Oilearl
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
268 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  09:58:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Leafs and playoffs don't add up!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest0037
( )

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  20:14:35  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9291

All this proves is that Americans care about hockey and are developing NHL caliber players at a very good rate. Maybe hockey is almost as important to them as it is to Canadians, at least in some regions of the country.

No. All it means is that Americans got smart and have their kids come up to play more in Canada...OR... They import Canadian coaches and teachers for their USA university hockey tems.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4038
( )

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  20:24:39  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:

I think that many Americans stop cheering for hockey once the team that they follow is out and move to baseball. Or NASCAR. Or bowling.

Agree 100% with nuxfan on this. once their team is out, they really don't give a crap who wins.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4336
( )

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  21:12:51  Reply with Quote
Sure why not, Just like Burke and Wilson, loosing to a canadian team when it counts the most. Where it be in the NHL or the Olympics.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4424
( )

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  06:49:12  Reply with Quote
Wilson is canadian, from Windsor, and raised in Fort Erie, he just coaches for the American Team
Go to Top of Page

Guest4050
( )

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  12:40:34  Reply with Quote
First and foremost I would like to say I'am a leafs fan through and through but I really need to ask this questions.... tell me why Jeff Finger made this list ? They only thing he has ever been good at is getting injured and giving us a 3 million dollar cap hit! American or not I have never consider him a leaf and is a huge JFJ mistake!!!

Dallas Eakins should just ask Finger to stay home and collect his check
Go to Top of Page

Guest6786
( )

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  13:52:35  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4050

First and foremost I would like to say I'am a leafs fan through and through but I really need to ask this questions.... tell me why Jeff Finger made this list ? They only thing he has ever been good at is getting injured and giving us a 3 million dollar cap hit! American or not I have never consider him a leaf and is a huge JFJ mistake!!!

Dallas Eakins should just ask Finger to stay home and collect his check

ummmmm, JFJ did not sign Finger. this was Cliff Fletcher's doing after JFJ was fired.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page