Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best Swedish Player All Time Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  14:23:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most talented, Kent Nilsson without a doubt.
Best Player, It's pretty clear to me that it's Peter Forsberg, Forsberg dominated. With his skill, with his grit, with his competetiveness. Noone else comes close when you combine the entire package. Not to take anything away from Salming, Sundin, or Lidstrom who are all good choices and great players, but they just don't have the same package that Forsberg brings.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0975
( )

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  07:19:54  Reply with Quote

you have to be kiddin me, why arent the sedin bros on there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I voted for naslund though

Go canucks go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4139
( )

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  07:40:33  Reply with Quote
If Forsberg could've kept his body in one piece for any length of time there wouldn't even be a discussion. But since he can't, I'll have to go with Sundin. The reason he doesn't get much more than a point per game is who he plays with...Have you seen these guys? I'm pretty sure Quinn played him with Antropov and Domi on purpose. The guy has the most GWG over the last ten years except maybe for Jagr. In any international tournament he plays in, he is the best player. He manhandled Canada in O2. As for a runner up, pound for pound, I am with Naslund...Mats that is. Incredible to watch in the 80's and look at for that hipcheck!
Go to Top of Page

Guest8410
( )

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  20:50:36  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0975

you have to be kiddin me, why arent the sedin bros on there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I voted for naslund though

Go canucks go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the reason i didn't include them was because they've only really stepped it up for 2 seasons whereas the other players on the list have had long NHL careers.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  06:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8410

the reason i didn't include them was because they've only really stepped it up for 2 seasons whereas the other players on the list have had long NHL careers.

Then why is Crosby a choice in every poll? (Not directed at you Guest8410, I'm just pointing it out for everyone who includes/votes for him all the time)
Go to Top of Page

Guest8410
( )

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  09:08:58  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by Guest8410

Then why is Crosby a choice in every poll? (Not directed at you Guest8410, I'm just pointing it out for everyone who includes/votes for him all the time)

I partially agree with you but I think it's because Crosby has been able to dominate since his rookie season whereas with the Sedin's needed afew years.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  12:43:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drop Crosby now.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  15:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
peter forsberg by far
Go to Top of Page

Guest0965
( )

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  16:37:17  Reply with Quote
there is no question about it. its defenently lidstrom.
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  17:11:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan1

peter forsberg by far

Why is it Forsberg? Please explain.
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  17:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saku , maybe you should eeze down a bit. He is really new and it hasn't become a real problem yet. Atleast he isn't saying "<insert> sucks" anymore. Babs and Admin don't seem bothered yet and there are still some people on the forum with little to none insight(not naming names). Sorry if it seems I'm moderating.
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  17:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Leafsfan1 for being hard on you, I relieze that you are new and I guess you are 'learning'. I wont say anything about anyone anymore.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  19:07:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Active player would be Lidstrom and past player is Salming

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

ryschevy1
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  12:09:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is Peter Forsberg. You could lump him together with Mario Lemieux and say that if he was healthy his whole career, how much better his stats would be. He has his name on the cup, he's had sucess in international play, and still plays very consistently when he is on the ice and healthy, unlike Sundin, who seems to be a streaky type of a player, and doesn't have his name on the cup, and won't anytime soon unless he gets traded.

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page