Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Josh Bailey and the Islanders Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  10:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Islanders have imposed a sign our contract or take a year off from hockey ultimatum on Josh Bailey he has untill tomorow to decide. Bailey apparently refused to sign a qualifying offer and Garth Snow has refused to offer him anymore, Bailey is only 21 and a former 9th overall pick he has good size and great potential he has yet to realize. now that could be a by product of playing for a sub par Islanders team or that could be his fault, none the less if he refuses to sign i would not be opposed to tradeing away for him, The islanders may be willing to deal

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  12:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally, I love the 'take a year off' attitude. It's the same as with Doughty in LA. He is complaining about not getting more then $6.8 million a season!! It's getting foolish again with these young guys and their money. I'd love for a few GM's to have the stones to see these guys sit and not play.

If I am an owner at the next CBA negotiation I am pushing for a better 2nd contract structure. Something similar to a rookie contract for another 3 years. Something more structured and reasonable because this is getting out of hand.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  13:08:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Personally, I love the 'take a year off' attitude. It's the same as with Doughty in LA. He is complaining about not getting more then $6.8 million a season!! It's getting foolish again with these young guys and their money. I'd love for a few GM's to have the stones to see these guys sit and not play.

If I am an owner at the next CBA negotiation I am pushing for a better 2nd contract structure. Something similar to a rookie contract for another 3 years. Something more structured and reasonable because this is getting out of hand.

You're right about that beans the point of an RFA is putting the power in the teams hands and yet it seems to not really matter,

My second favorite sport after Hockey is baseball and that is one of the issues and reasons why i am growing to ahte the sport, if a drafted player isn't happy with the offer his team is giving him in the MLb he just says give me more or next year i'll go back to the draft, it happend with the Blue Jays first round pick last year they couldn't get him under contract, the kid wanted 10 million guranteed so he walked and next year he will get drafted again,

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2011 :  13:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't agree more, though don't you think that maybe the cap has raised too much too quickly? If it weren't so high, it'd be easier for teams to simply say, sorry, don't have enough money. I suppose then though that another team may be willing to give that player more? I dunno, too bad all the gm's or owners couldn't get together and agree to their own "unofficial" salary cap for these young guys going into their second contracts!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6786
( )

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  07:11:47  Reply with Quote
i think i read a headline somewhere that he finally signed? looks like Snow's strategy paid off.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page