Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Rookie of the Year Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  08:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
I know most of us will be wrong but it's fun to guess.

Choices:

Landeskog
Huberdeau
Nuget-Hopkins
Zbinejad
Schiefele
Schenn
Johansen
Niedereiter
Runblad
Cowen
Ellis

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  11:02:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted Huberdeau - only because of very high rating, and Florida's need to play that kid every game as a top 6 forward.

But I haven't seen any Florida pre-season games, so . . . total guess.

Just to add - he has 3 pp goals this preseason and has looked great apparently . . . hopefully he stays up with the big club.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Edited by - n/a on 10/01/2011 11:33:08
Go to Top of Page

Guest6786
( )

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  09:25:12  Reply with Quote
my pool has a selection of 6 rookies to choose from, and you can only choose ONE of them.
my immediate thought was to go with Nugent-Hopkins. Here are the selections:
Schenn
Johansesn
Landeskog
Nugent-Hopkins
Kadri
Connolly

Who would you go with?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  11:44:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still get amazing every time a kid tears it up in the pre-season and everyone jumps on board. I will virtually any bet that this Scheifele is even a Calder candidate let alone win the award. It's 5 pre-season games. Geez

My first vote would be Brett Connolly. Most people had him as the #1 overall his draft year until he was hurt. He has been great in the pre-season and the training camp and will most likely be playing on a line with St. Louis and Stamkos to start the season. All the stars seem to be aligning for that kid and I think he has flown under most people's radar since the draft. This kid has sick talent.

My next vote would be Brayden Schenn. I think he is one of the most NHL ready players and considering what he did last season at the WJC and the Junior season, he has the potential to do great. He may also have a bit of a chip on his shoulder after being traded before he even played in the NHL. The only reason he is my second choice is because of Philly's depth at centre will reduce Schenn's minutes compared to Connolly.

At 3rd I agree with Slozo as that Huberdeau kid should get a ton of top line and PP minutes on a very weak team.
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  13:26:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'll say Zibanejad, due to the fact he's sure to make the team and will see lots of ice time, because who else do the sens have.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  14:13:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I voted Huberdeau - only because of very high rating, and Florida's need to play that kid every game as a top 6 forward.

Just to add - he has 3 pp goals this preseason and has looked great apparently . . . hopefully he stays up with the big club.

Huberdeau was sent back to junior today.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  03:41:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jonathan Blum could have a great season, but to win the calder you need to rack up points so he's probably not in the mix.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  04:57:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Huberdeau was sent back to junior today.

CRAP!!!!!!

BTW Beans, it really isn't necessary to constantly put down every mention of some preseason numbers . . . especially when you mention your first pick as doing well in the pre-season and who he played with.

We all get it - we know it's preseason. Sometimes it shows us something, sometimes not so much . . . but at the very least, it is an indicator of something.

This list was made early, and would now have to include Gardiner from the Leafs, I think. Kadri is not a rookie, btw.

Go to Top of Page

Guest6786
( )

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  08:23:47  Reply with Quote
not that it matters because I wasn't going to pick him, but I thought Kadri was still considered a rookie. what's the minimum amount of games you need? he played 29 last year...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  08:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6786

not that it matters because I wasn't going to pick him, but I thought Kadri was still considered a rookie. what's the minimum amount of games you need? he played 29 last year...

Believe it is 25 or 26 games played in one season, something like 6 games in two straight seasons, or the age . . . which is 27 I think - all this off the top of my head mind you.

But yeah, Kadri is not listed as or talked about as a rookie anymore.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page