Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Richards vs Richards Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4004
( )

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  21:29:57  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Which Richards would you rather have on your team?

Choices:

Brad Richards
Mike Richards

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  06:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i`ll take Richards

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  09:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maurice and Henri :)

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  10:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It depends on the needs of the team and/or personal preference as they are two very different players. Brad Richards is an offensive skill guy. Not too much sand paper, brilliant QBing the PP, and will score in piles. Mike Richards is also offensively gifted but brings a lot more sandpaper to the party and is also very good on the PK.

As an Oiler fan, and looking at the offensive skills on the team today and the potential, I think Mike Richards would be a better fit for this team. However, his alleged off ice activities are less than desirable for a young team still finding their identity.
Go to Top of Page

bpalmer
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  11:02:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both players have a lot of talent but are two different players.
Brad will be a leading scorer on your team and Mike has more leadership qualities.
Overall I'd take Brad as he can light up the opponents and Mike's off-ice partying isn't what I'd want on a team

Sharks for the Cup!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  04:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seeing as how some are picking as if they are the GM of their favourite team, I'll do it for the Leafs:

I'd take Mike Richards.
Absolutely love his on-ice tenacity, he is a very skilled player, and he is a #1 center who makes other players around him much better. Great PKer as well, which is really a bonus with all that other stuff.

Brad would be a great #1 center too, but thinking more "big picture" . . . I would want a player with those other added dimensions to his game, despite the fact that Brad probably outpoints Mike a bit statistically.

I don't think the off-ice stuff even comes into the picture for me here. I take Mike.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  10:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Beans - depends on the needs of your team, they both bring different things to the table.

As for my team, I'd take neither - VAN already has the equivalent of both.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  15:29:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bpalmer

Both players have a lot of talent but are two different players.
Brad will be a leading scorer on your team and Mike has more leadership qualities.
Overall I'd take Brad as he can light up the opponents and Mike's off-ice partying isn't what I'd want on a team

Sharks for the Cup!

you have them mixed up... Mike is more of a scorer where Brad is a little better leader at the moment. Mike is also a few years younger and hasnt even reached his prime yet. Brad is at him prime and can only slow down.

I'd take Mike over Brad any day. Not saying I wouldnt want Brad Richards on my team. I'd love them both to suit up for my Leafs. But Mike is alot more valuable than Brad.

...And the LEAFS Win the CUP
Go to Top of Page

Guest9701
( )

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  14:50:41  Reply with Quote
i'd take brad richards any day of the week. I'd rather have a proven winner and one of the best playmekers in the game today. Brad won the Stanley Cup and the Conn Smythe. He's a team player while mike is an arrogant punk who thinks he's bigger than his team, eventually being shipped out of Philly. He better get his act together or he won't last too long in LA.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2260
( )

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  09:07:26  Reply with Quote
Maybe I'll end up eating my words at the end of this season. LA is looking sick this year and Mike might have a break out year. Brad is off to a slow start.

Even still I was a little shocked and confused this summer when all the hockey pool forcasters were predicting Mike as a top 20 pick for your 11/12 pool. I definately think he is valuable for any team but not for his scoring potential I don't see him ever being more than a 20 goal scorer tops and a 3rd maybe 2nd line player.
Brad on the other hand should be a top liner for life a gifted set up man that will likely also put in a few goals but should top 80 pts for the rest of his carrear even on a bad team you put him on a good line and this guy could be a 90-100 point player.

these 2 Richards are not even in the same stratusphear.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  09:28:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I definately think he is valuable for any team but not for his scoring potential I don't see him ever being more than a 20 goal scorer tops and a 3rd maybe 2nd line player.

I think its safe to say that Mike Richards would be the #2 centre on nearly any team he would play for. He's way too good to be slotted on the 3rd line, but is probably not good enough to stay as the top centre either. He's a prototypical 2nd line centre - tough, fast, defensively responsible, can score at a reasonable pace in all situations.

There are a few in the league that I would classify as perfect for the position - Richards, Kesler, Bergeron, Jordan Staal, Steve Ott come to mind.

That being said - Mike Richards is probably a top-20 or top-30 pick for a pool. Last year 20th scored 71 points, and he is certainly capable of that in a perfect world with LA.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  18:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2260

I definately think he is valuable for any team but not for his scoring potential I don't see him ever being more than a 20 goal scorer tops and a 3rd maybe 2nd line player.

I assume you mean in LA...because he scored 30 goals in 08/09 & 31 goals in 09/10. He would of cracked the 30 goal mark in 07/08 as well if he hadn't missed 9 games to injury. He's averaged 71 points a year over the past 4 seasons!

Edited by - ryan93 on 10/22/2011 18:04:52
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page