Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Washington
 The Surging Capitals Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shepsky
Rookie

Canada
211 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2011 :  05:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With Washington still being the only undefeated team, and hammering a defensive team like detroit 7-1, and getting scoring from all lines. Can anyone stop the surging Capitals? Also do the Capitals demonstrate the depth to finally get past the second round of the playoffs? With solid goaltending and scoring throughout the team, things are looking up in Washington this year.

Guest4178
( )

Posted - 10/27/2011 :  09:17:35  Reply with Quote
I agree – the Caps look very good.

As mentioned, their goaltending is particularly good. Thomas Vokoun is a bargain at $1.5 million – in 6 games, he's riding a 1.80 GAA, and his save percentage (.944) is terrific too!

It's still early in the season, but things look very good for Washington!

Who will be the first team to beat the Caps? The Oilers are their next opponent (in Edmonton). The Oilers are off to a decent start, and their defensive play (and goaltending) is the biggest surprise. Right now, the Oilers have the second best GAA in the NHL (next to LA) with only 14 goals allowed in 8 games. The Caps have allowed the same number of goals (but in 7 games), but they're scoring lots too. (30 goals in 7 games.)

This game will be a good test for the Oilers. The Caps will be well rested going into this game – their last game was five days ago, when they thrashed the Wings 7-1. (Which was not as lopsided as the score. Washington was actually outshot 33-25. Vokoun was hot, and Conklin was not.)

The Caps should prevail against the Oilers, but if not, some will blame the time off between games. And if the Caps win, it will be because they're hot right now, and the rest was a good thing!

I hate making predictions, but what the heck – I'm going to say the Caps beat the Oilers 5-2 tonight!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page