Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Trade Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6625
( )

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  06:12:02  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Should i trade away nicklas backstrom(player), joe thornton, rick nash, ryan suter, and keith yandle for jonathan toews, anze kopitar, patrick sharp, kris letang, and dan boyle? The scoring system in my pool is a point for a goal and a point for an assist, and i would get all the points the players had that i receive from before too.

Choices:

Yes
No

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  09:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I normally don't say yes to these sorts of big trades, but this one is intriguing.

Some things to think about:

- the seller is obviously trying to capitalize on extremely strong starts by both Toews and Sharp - both are currently playing at over PPG, and neither one has ever been a PPG player. CHI is riding them (and Hossa) big time right now. I don't know if it will continue or not, but the seller clearly wants to cash in on value.

- Letang is currently injured, with a concussion as a result from the broken nose he recieved from Pacioretty's headshot shot-to-the-shoulder-that-caused-his-nose-to-break. He hasn't played since, and I have heard no timetable for his return.

In short, I think Toews/Kopitar/Sharp are a better group of forwards than Backstrom/Thornton/Nash, but Nash could suddenly click with Carter at any point and turn on the jets. For points, I think that Yandle/Keith are a better pair than Boyle/Letang, and couple it with Letang being out for some time, that could burn you later.

Tough call.
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  12:01:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  15:24:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great points nuxfan. It's a pretty tough call on that one. I'm a big Backstrom fan and keep saying that he could be top 5 if OV ever finds his game. Heck, he's capable of top 5 even without OV finding his game!

I totally agree about the seller selling high. Question for the OP would be, did you propose this trade or did he/she? If he/she did, then nuxfan is right, they're prob trying to sell high, AND get rid of damaged goods (Letang).

Personally, i'd prob counter offer something which would not include Letang. I just couldn't live with trading for a guy who's return is in question.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6636
( )

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  04:45:24  Reply with Quote
He proposed the trade, and thanks for the advice i'll try a counter offer without letang and yandle
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  09:49:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6636

He proposed the trade, and thanks for the advice i'll try a counter offer without letang and yandle

Whoa! Before you do that, keep in mind that Letang, at least in my mind, if healthy, is worth more than Yandle. Try to work something out a little more in your favour especially with Boyle not doing much of anything thus far!
Go to Top of Page

Utemin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
451 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  17:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, In LA's current condition I would not want any of their players, also I think Toews as great a player he is, he does not have much pool value.

I am a fat boy, who plays too much X box, But my opinions are my biggest health hazzard
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  20:21:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Utemin

No, In LA's current condition I would not want any of their players, also I think Toews as great a player he is, he does not have much pool value.

Jonathan Toews has pretty good pool value this year, in a pool that gives 1 for G and 1 for A. He's currently 5th in league scoring, and is on target for 90-ish points. For yahoo pools (that take into account points, +/-, PIM, SOG, hits, etc), he is currently the 8th overall ranked player in the entire NHL at all positions for fantasy value.

No question Toews has been fantasy gold this year. Question is, will he keep up the pace all year long?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page