Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Nathan MacKinnon - Superstar? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4227
( )

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  04:02:09  Reply with Quote
I was at the Saint John Sea Dogs and Halifax Mooseheads game last night.

A couple of thoughts

MacKinnon is going to be a superstar, unbelievably fast. May have been the best player on the ice which included Huberdeau, Coyle. Huberdeau puts up the points and I think will be very good but he is 2 years older and playing on a much better team.

Saint John is going to be very tough to beat. Well coached, loaded with talent, unreal depth, and have gone through it last year.

Martin Frk is a name I have heard for a couple of years now and I know first hand that he has a bad attitude. I can't believe this guy is ranked to go 1st round. I will be very very surprised if this guy becomes an NHLer at all. I would be very pissed off the Oilers take this guy in rd 2.

MacKinnon is the real deal. Is there any way my Oilers can finish last next season.

@valanche
Rookie

Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  07:21:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4227

MacKinnon is the real deal. Is there any way my Oilers can finish last next season.

last place the last 2 years and second last this year... i wouldn't rule it out.

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  09:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4227

I dunno, but there should be a rule that doesn't allow a team TOO MANY #1 overall! Man, i'd like to think by next year that the Oil could be fighting for a playoff spot rather than the #1 overall pick!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4227
( )

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  10:12:33  Reply with Quote
I agree, I wish he was available this year. He was by far the fastest in the game. He will dominate next season.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8875
( )

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  11:06:13  Reply with Quote
Incase some of you haven't noticed the Oilers already have a huge depth with Fast players. Don't believe me? Check out their Powerplay . Besides too many first round picks is gonna eat up the salary and then instead of being able to grab good players to fit in the team we will have 6 superstars playing with a bunch of nobody's.

Haste is the enemy of perfection...
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2012 :  13:28:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll have to go see the Mooseheads next season when they're in Moncton
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2012 :  15:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I was the Gm of any team making the first overall selection in next years draft I would choose Seth Jones. He is an absolute beast and defense is clearly what the Oilers need.
About Martin Frk, Last year he was expected to be a top 5 pick but now I would be surprised to see him go in the first round. The only way I see him as a first rounder is if Washington takes him. By the time it's their turn to pick they will already have a first rounder from Colorado in the bag and may want to roll the dice on a more skilled player. I've also heard that Washington is Frk's favourite team and Ovie is his favourite player. And how can you go wrong drafting a player with no vowels in his name?

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky

Edited by - Sensfan101 on 03/17/2012 15:36:31
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  02:53:41  Reply with Quote
I'm from the Valley in NS, and have been in to see MacKinnon play, and can honestly say that the guy is extremely talented, good size and crazy speed and hands.

He is consistantly their best player every game, and for someone like him being the next Crosby is crazy, they are different types of players, but both very skilled..........something in the water in Cole Harbour????

Who ever finishes first in the lottery next year has a gem and they don't even realize it yet
Go to Top of Page

Guest2749
( )

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  06:38:49  Reply with Quote
The thing is Crosbys minor league coach in Cole harbour even said that MacKinnon was every bit as good as Crosby was. I too think he will be the number 1 pick in 2 years. The only reason he hasn't got more attention is nobody east of the New Brunswick/ Quebec boarder sees him. Well maybe a few in the Q league.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2749
( )

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  06:41:59  Reply with Quote
My bad. West of the NB/Quebec boarder.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7961
( )

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  04:24:34  Reply with Quote
Bob Nevin want to be
Go to Top of Page

Guest4227
( )

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  07:18:50  Reply with Quote
speaking to a scout from the Q he said that Mackinnon has the quickest first 3 steps he has ever seen. I can't imagine someone being ranked ahead of him right now. Grigorenko only has a few more points and is ranked top 3 for this year.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  09:03:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've not seen nor heard a whole lot on this kid and being in BC prob doesn't help, but i did come across this article on Yahoo. It's pretty good and shows a couple of nice goals the kid has scored in his playoffs that just begun......

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/halifax-mooseheads-nathan-mackinnon-scores-goal-canada-needs-142637414.html
Go to Top of Page

Guest8384
( )

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  08:14:57  Reply with Quote
I am a huge Crosby fan and I think this kid will be very close to being as good. If you get a chance to go see him take it.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8384
( )

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  10:58:21  Reply with Quote
This kid just took his team from down 3 games to 0 to winning in game 7. He is currently t2nd in playoff scoring with Charlie Coyle behind Zack Philips.

7 games head to head against Grigorenko and he owned him.

2 points to make

1. Someone is going to be extremely dissapointed with Grigorenko (hopefully the Leafs get him)

2. Someone is going to be very lucky next season come draft time.

Go to Top of Page

Guest2745
( )

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  12:52:49  Reply with Quote
Seems to me Montreal is/were pretty high on Grigorenko. I know that the rankings have changed recently so maybe Montreals opinion of him has also.

As for MacKinnon He is the real deal and easily the most coveted first pick since Crosby.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3782
( )

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  16:32:40  Reply with Quote
Calgary needs to trade kipper and iggy, then perform badly this upcoming season to get this guy.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  16:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as the comparison's to Crosby, i have no idea. The "owning of Grigorenko" on the other hand is probably very likely. I believe it was Ray Ferraro who said that if this MacKinnon kid were draft eligable today, he'd most likely go #1.
Go to Top of Page

Clatts
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
266 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  21:43:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest3782

Calgary needs to trade kipper and iggy, then perform badly this upcoming season to get this guy.

Your entitled to your opinion but I hate this attitude of let's try to be bad so we can get a good pick

Besides with the lottery you can finish last and still not get the 1st overall, just ask a CBJ fan (assuming there are any left) how this works

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors

Edited by - Clatts on 04/18/2012 21:44:26
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  03:11:24  Reply with Quote
Saturday night.....in Halifax, round 3 Halifax vs. Rimouski, tickets today......can't wait til Saturday, should be awesome.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3782
( )

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  20:31:08  Reply with Quote
@ Clatts

You're right. I to would never play to lose, nor would I tell any athlete or coach to either. My quick post was misleading in the manner that I would conduct a rebuild, as such here in Calgary. However as it grows ever more apparent of Calgarys need for a rebuild, and the outcry from many to trade Iginla and Kiprusoff. I would gladly do so to equip the team with assets for the future, while putting the organization in a position to potentially draft high next year. It would have to remain a competitive team of course. Yet with this kid on the horizon, now is the time to instigate a rebuild and get the foot in Nathan MacKinnons door.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  21:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest3782

@ Clatts

You're right. I to would never play to lose, nor would I tell any athlete or coach to either. My quick post was misleading in the manner that I would conduct a rebuild, as such here in Calgary. However as it grows ever more apparent of Calgarys need for a rebuild, and the outcry from many to trade Iginla and Kiprusoff. I would gladly do so to equip the team with assets for the future, while putting the organization in a position to potentially draft high next year. It would have to remain a competitive team of course. Yet with this kid on the horizon, now is the time to instigate a rebuild and get the foot in Nathan MacKinnons door.

I guess it depends on your definition of "competitive" really? Cuz if you're in the running for #1 overall, you're not competitive enough for me.
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  12:39:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4271

Saturday night.....in Halifax, round 3 Halifax vs. Rimouski, tickets today......can't wait til Saturday, should be awesome.

got my ticket, sold out in under an hour
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page