Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... St. Louis
 Late Pool picks on the Blues? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Cyclonis
Top Prospect

Canada
56 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  15:59:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So who are the best late pool pick on the Blues? I think they will slip under the radar this year going into the playoffs due to their commitment to Defense and I was wondering who their best picks will be.

No one has posted on the Blues for awhile and i don't follow them too closely despite their success this year, 2012, so any info helps!

Guest6786
( )

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  05:34:15  Reply with Quote
as a late round pick, depending on how many goalies you're allowed, you might want to take Halak.
Pietrangelo would be good on your defense, as he'll probably get top minutes on their PP.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  09:23:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what you consider "late" but i don't think you'll see many of their top guys lasting past the first 3 rounds depending on the size of your pool. Halak's a tricky one. Is he going to get the start? IF he falters, they will bring in Elliot pretty quickly and he could take the opportunity and "run with it". I'd look for a goalie elsewhere, where there's a definite #1. Just like the situation in Vancouver, the Blues goaltending situation is strong, but not for a poolie!
Go to Top of Page

Guest8875
( )

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  09:49:40  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I'm not sure what you consider "late" but i don't think you'll see many of their top guys lasting past the first 3 rounds depending on the size of your pool. Halak's a tricky one. Is he going to get the start? IF he falters, they will bring in Elliot pretty quickly and he could take the opportunity and "run with it". I'd look for a goalie elsewhere, where there's a definite #1. Just like the situation in Vancouver, the Blues goaltending situation is strong, but not for a poolie!

Just like the situation in Van you say. Didn't Lu get pulled again last night? Cleary you don't want to take your advice from Alex
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  10:02:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lou may have been pulled last night. that dont affect the playoffs. he is the CLEAR number 1 goalie in van. he will start 99%of the games.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  11:37:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has there ever BEEN a #2 seed in the western conference that almost no one is picking to make it to the conference finals? I can't think of one . . . and obviously, it's a testament to a number of things - mainly that no one expected them to be a division leading team this year, especially in a division with Detroit, Chicago and Nashville!

But there they are. And, we can talk about "good runs" and "hot streaks" and "coaching changes" all we like, but . . . after an 82 game schedule, it's more than just all that - they are a very, very solid team.

So my answer is, who ISN'T a late round pick on the Blues?
Because I think almost all of them fit into this category . . .

Backes leads the team with a whopping 24 goals, 54 pts.
Perron is the ONLY OTHER 20 GOAL SCORER at 20g, 21a.
Oshie is second in pts, 19g, 33a, 52 pts.
The defenceman Pietrangelo has 12g, 38a, 50 pts,

And because it's an evenly split tandem . . . you have a 100 pt team with no goalie with even 30 wins (amazingly though, Elliot has 9 shutouts, Halak 6)

So,
For pools where you must pick defencemen, and especially those with +/- involved . . . I could see maybe the third round, after guys like Letang, Del Zotto, Edler, Hamhuis, Karlsson (you know someone will pick him early) and Chara and Lidstrom get picked, nevermind Weber and Suter.

But probably closer to 5th, 6th and beyond.

If someone else is REALLY hot to pick Blues players, and for some odd reason Backes, Oshie and Perron are gone by the 6th, 7th round (they won't all be) then I say your pick is Jamie Langenbrunner and Jason Arnott.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  14:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8875

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Just like the situation in Van you say. Didn't Lu get pulled again last night? Cleary you don't want to take your advice from Alex

Yo guest8875, what part of my post did you not understand. I implied that you DON'T want to pick Vancouver's goalies because it's hard to predict which guy will be the one to play the most.

And, FYI, no Luongo didn't get pulled last night, unless it was from a scrimmage seeing as they didn't play last night. He did in fact get pulled on Tuesday night though. Funny how the Luongo haters jump on a guy for a bad game after three straight wins with only 4 goals against, 1 shutout and a save % of .963. Makes me laugh, and i'm not even a big fan of the guy! lol......
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page