Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 The hockey team of complainers ha Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6511
( )

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  00:50:46  Reply with Quote
Lol i just want everyone to know how silly the commissionaire of the NHL is. First of all, He fines the head coach of the Rangers 20 grand for stating a truth (about how the Pittsburgh is such a Winny organization and the NHL baby's there stars), Frankly he is maby hypercritical somtimes but he was very true about what he said. Then the NHL (commissionaire im sure) goes and fines Shea Weber $2.500 for a head shot. I mean come on, dont you think a head shot is way worse then bad mouthing another team. Tortareall is right they do favour the pens and there babbies.
GO FLYERS GO !!!!!
NHL IS TURNING INTO THE BETTMAN SHOW HA

Shepsky
Rookie

Canada
211 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  04:06:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why is this stupid post appearing in multiple forums. Guest 6511, you are [ mod edit ] and no one cares what you have to say because you are (ADMIN EDIT - Content removed). Go back to grade 2, then you may post.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux

No foul language or name-calling please - it's SO grade 2, as you say. Thanks!

Edited by - n/a on 04/13/2012 04:17:42
Go to Top of Page

Guest9084
( )

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  05:02:10  Reply with Quote
that and Shea Weber's fine was the maximum allowed under the CBA. It's the most they could do without suspension.

I personally think they should have suspended for a game or two but if you opt for just a fine, that's what you're left with. It's a pathetic part of the CBA.
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie

Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  11:46:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weber probably deserved at least a game but they didnt want to alter the series. If you watch the game is over and zetterberg cross checks weber in the ribs with no time on the clock. That, coupled with the fact zetterberg is not injured results in no suspension

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

Guest6511
( )

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  15:03:29  Reply with Quote
Okay, I get that, but fining the coach of the rangers 20 grand. Please all he was doing, was stepping up for all the other coaches in the NHL. Who im sure all thought the same way. I think he spoke the truth

If a similar situation happened to crosby AGAIN. The NHL would do anything in there power to suspend the person who hit him and fine him the most money they possibly could. Possibly law charges.

NHL AND THERE BABBIES
Go to Top of Page

Clatts
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
266 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  15:26:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6511

Okay, I get that, but fining the coach of the rangers 20 grand. Please all he was doing, was stepping up for all the other coaches in the NHL. Who im sure all thought the same way. I think he spoke the truth

If a similar situation happened to crosby AGAIN. The NHL would do anything in there power to suspend the person who hit him and fine him the most money they possibly could. Possibly law charges.

NHL AND THERE BABBIES

Crosby,Malking,Miller,Giroux who care who the star is the NHL has the right responsibility to sit there and call Crosby ect 'BABBIES' (i think you mean babies) is ignorant. Torterellla deserved a fine because

A. You can't call out the NHL and say they favour certain players or teams. Especially this close to the playoffs

B. It's not his 1st offence. He was the same guy who blamed the refs for trying to make the Winter Classic more interesting for T.V.

even if he's right (which is a matter of opinion) he cannot be aloud to run his mouth in a way that could make the NHL seem illegitimate

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  15:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

NHL AND THERE BABBIES

IF SHEA WEBER DID THAT TO CROSBY, THE NHL WOULD HANG HIM
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  15:41:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by foolpittier

quote:

NHL AND THERE BABBIES

Crosby got cross checked right in the face after he scored the first goal in the last game. No one but Don Cherry has mentioned it.

Something else Don Cherry showed was Zetterberg driving his knee into the back of Weber's leg in the corner. No one is talking about that either.

Selective viewing I guess. Take a look at the link and watch Zetterberg's right knee when he dives in to get the puck. I am to saying two wrongs make a right but Zetterberg was pretty dirty on this play in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiMgjO0EgtE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  15:49:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:
Originally posted by foolpittier

quote:

NHL AND THERE BABBIES

Crosby got cross checked right in the face after he scored the first goal in the last game. No one but Don Cherry has mentioned it.

Something else Don Cherry showed was Zetterberg driving his knee into the back of Weber's leg in the corner. No one is talking about that either.

Selective viewing I guess. Take a look at the link and watch Zetterberg's right knee when he dives in to get the puck. I am to saying two wrongs make a right but Zetterberg was pretty dirty on this play in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiMgjO0EgtE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

i see the knee, but it's all about the head shot this year it seems, and if you ram someones head into the glass with you hand, thats a headshot that wasnt even a hockey play, slap on the wrist = stupid.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  16:08:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This so called "knee" is a pretty weak bit of "selective viewing" in my mind. Hardly looked like anything more than Z trying to get in there and jar the puck loose. Doesn't look for a milisecond that he was actually trying to inflict any sort of pain or injury on Weber. Just my opinion though....
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  17:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fair point Alex, and it's not the best camera angle. The one that CBC showed yesterday was far better and it looked to me like Zetterberg hit Weber with a kick like motion. It didn't look very good.

And for the record, I am not saying this justifies Weber's actions and I think a 2-3 game suspension was warranted. My point was more about the Crosby cross check and used this as another example. The NHL is better at discipline today than they were a year ago but there is still a clear bias and there is a long way to go.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  17:39:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Fair point Alex, and it's not the best camera angle. The one that CBC showed yesterday was far better and it looked to me like Zetterberg hit Weber with a kick like motion. It didn't look very good.

And for the record, I am not saying this justifies Weber's actions and I think a 2-3 game suspension was warranted. My point was more about the Crosby cross check and used this as another example. The NHL is better at discipline today than they were a year ago but there is still a clear bias and there is a long way to go.

Wow, you're tough! I thought 1 and MAYBE 2 max, but to give nothing is crazy. Pretty clear that the consensus is that Shanny blew it on this one. Seriously, what happens if a guy like Justin Williams does something similar to Henrik Sedin tonight? Aside from the possibility of Hank joining his brother (or is it "sister" ) with a possible concussion, Shanny has put himself in a tough spot as far as handing out a suspension!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest8875
( )

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  21:17:05  Reply with Quote
Shannahan is as consistent as the ref's!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page