Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Washington
 told ya so - Goalies Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  18:01:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just thought i`d re post this i accidently posted it a while ago in the Goalie judgement thread meaning to post it in the Franchise Goalie thread but i said this long before the playoffs began,,

, obviously there are a lot of good young Goalies out there Lundquvist is clearly the best goalie in the world Followed closely the likes of Rinne and Quick. then you have the group that you could make an argument to put in any order Rask Thomas Price Howard Miller are all great and any given year these guys are great.

a guy i would like to mention is Braden Holtby, i really think this guy will be a big big big time goalie, he has the demeanor he has the skill and the size his technique is great, plus he never seems to give up on a a play, at 22 look for this kid to develop into a great one over the next 4 years,,

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker

Edited by - n/a on 04/24/2012 08:18:20

Guest2771
( )

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  18:19:05  Reply with Quote
I am of the same opinion on Holtby and stated so in another thread recently only to be dismissed outright the majoriy of others. Having watched him in hershey this year and a bit of last, its only when he takes over for the Caps, not if he takes over. Washingtons future in net is bright.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  20:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2771

I am of the same opinion on Holtby and stated so in another thread recently only to be dismissed outright the majoriy of others. Having watched him in hershey this year and a bit of last, its only when he takes over for the Caps, not if he takes over. Washingtons future in net is bright.

Are you the same guy who was claiming he should have taken over as long ago as last year? You may be right, he might be the next big thing, but i have to think management knew what they were doing bringing him along like they did. He may be playing well now, but don't get ahead of yourself. Remember Niemi and how good he was one year? Not to say he's bad now, but he's not as good as he was that 1 playoff year!!! Holtby wouldn't even have been the starter if not for injuries!
Go to Top of Page

Shepsky
Rookie

Canada
211 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  04:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:

Are you the same guy who was claiming he should have taken over as long ago as last year? You may be right, he might be the next big thing, but i have to think management knew what they were doing bringing him along like they did. He may be playing well now, but don't get ahead of yourself. Remember Niemi and how good he was one year? Not to say he's bad now, but he's not as good as he was that 1 playoff year!!! Holtby wouldn't even have been the starter if not for injuries!

I am going to have to disagree with you on one thing Alex, I would say Niemi is bad now, did you see his performance some nights against St. Louis? Not to mention quite a few stinker nights through the regular season. I would put this guy right alongside Gustavsson LOL

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  08:31:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shepsky

quote:

quote:

I am going to have to disagree with you on one thing Alex, I would say Niemi is bad now, did you see his performance some nights against St. Louis? Not to mention quite a few stinker nights through the regular season. I would put this guy right alongside Gustavsson LOL

-Mario Lemieux

I dunno, "BAD" may be a bit harsh. He did post a 2.42 GAA and a .915 save %. That's not all that bad, but def not like he was on the cup run in '10.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  08:33:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I got to say about Holtby great play of late is, remember Jim Carey for the Capitals. I honestly can't imagine another goalie being as good and as bad, back to back like Jim Carey, but I have a hard time talking about a goalie with that few games on his resume. The last great goalie I projected out of Junior was Cam Ward and even with his 2-3 good years looks to be lowering my expectations of late.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  08:47:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a case where the team has elevated the stats of a goalie. In some of the stinker games the team played good and Neimi lost the game all on his own. That is my recollection of a few games I watched this year. every goalie is allowed to have off days but there have been a quite a few bad days for Neimi.
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Shepsky

quote:

quote:

-Mario Lemieux

I dunno, "BAD" may be a bit harsh. He did post a 2.42 GAA and a .915 save %. That's not all that bad, but def not like he was on the cup run in '10.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page