Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Arizona / Phoenix
 Coyotes' Hanzal suspended for Game 3 Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest9184
( )

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  16:23:39  Reply with Quote
NEW YORK -- Phoenix Coyotes forward Martin Hanzal has been suspended for one game for boarding Los Angeles Kings forward Dustin Brown during Game 2 of the teams’ Western Conference Final playoff series Tuesday in Phoenix, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 11:01 of the third period. Hanzal was assessed a major penalty and game misconduct for boarding.

For a full explanation of the decision, complete with video, please click on the following link: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=177972.

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  19:14:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This easily could have been more than one game.

It's straight on the numbers.
They are losing the game, getting frustrated, and targetting the hottest player on the opposition.
It's not a play to get the puck.

For me, that one game suspension is an absolute minimum here, and should have been more . . . if it was 3 to 5 games, I feel a stronger and better message is sent in regards to this.

As for the Doan hit - good call on the no suspension.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2012 :  10:53:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one game is not enough. Hanzal's lucky that Brown didn't break his neck. what he did was ridiculous! i would have suspended him for the rest of the series.

Doan's on the other hand was different. he went to finish his check and Lewis turned at the last second. unfortunately he put himself in a vulnerable position. he may have been trying to protect the puck, but he knew Doan was coming. but this still does not completely excuse Doan. the penalty that was assessed at the time was enough.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page