Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Too Many Penalties Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bigMatt
Top Prospect

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  16:44:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anybody else with me here? I can't remember ever seeing so many 5 on 3 power plays. I mean, it's exciting and all and goal scoring is up but c'mon. A certain amount of tugging, hitting and hooking should be allowed in the defensive zone, especially behind the net. Currently, the D-men don't know what to do back there. How do you get body positioning and big bodies like Bertuzzi, Alison and Lindros to name a few. There seems to be a lot of room out there and too many players can't seem to get a feel for what's going to be called and what isn't. I'm all for a game that gives the skilled players room - but end to end unchallenged rushes and easily set-up offensive zones? What am I watching over here, the NBA?

coastie
Top Prospect

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  17:21:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It will all even out, and has already started to do just that. Players just need to relearn much of the game. When the players can figure out what they can and can't get away with things will definitely be changing.

Besides, with all of the 5 on 3's teams like the Cannucks and Sharks are finmally able to capitalize on a power play for a change.

:)

Zach
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page