Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Should Pronger get suspended? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bonfire420
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  11:51:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
I thought someone would already make this poll but haven't seen anything yet... how do you think the league should respond to Chris Pronger's hit on Holstrom?

Choices:

No Suspension - Clean hit
1 game suspension
2 game suspension
3 game suspension
out for the playoffs
suspended for life
make him sing "i''m sorry" to the entire wings team
other

bonfire420
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  11:57:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think considering the fact that he had his elbow in holmstrom's head AND he left his feet he should get 1-2 games.
Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  12:03:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've heard about it but i didn't see it...anyone have a link please

thanks

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  12:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about no suspension - dirty hit - just give him a penalty and forget about it!
Go to Top of Page

67LEAFS
Top Prospect

17 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  12:36:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Elbows high and an obvious head shot into the glass. NHL should send a message and give Pronger at least one game and throw in a $10,000 fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7ZMRZCW9Xc
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  13:57:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pronger got a 1 game suspension today.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  14:06:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dirty, dirty. Make him play for the Oilers for the rest of his career. Then maybe he'll think about what he's done.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  14:10:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was not pretty. Looks to me as Neidermeyer's part of it was pretty clean. From the side, shoulder to shoulder. Pronger however, was completely from behind and both of his gloves were at Holmstrom's head.

Sad thing is that it's the playoffs. I think if that happens in the regular season it's more than a one game suspension.

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  14:12:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This suspension is proof that the NHL has no interest in installing preventative measures against hits like this. Example: Tallinder gets cross-checked from behind into the boards, ends up being OK, not only no suspension for Alfie, but no penalty. Ridiculous. It shouldn't hinge on whether a player gets injured or not. Players should be punished on what they've done not on the resulting injuries.

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  14:26:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Manninm 100%. There will continue to be avoidable injuries to players as long as the NHL continues to have reactive discipline based on injury rather than pro active discipline based on the infraction.

Another thing I have noticed is that it depends on the player injured. Could you imagine the suspension to Pronger if it was Crosby he hit?? What about Tootoo if it was Crosby he one-punched??

The NHL needs to step up the discipline based on action, not outcome or player. Then maybe the players in our great game will start to have some respect for one another again.

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  14:43:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd give him three games and a substantial fine. Send a message like many here are saying. That was completely ridiculous.
Pronger hasn't fully come around to the new NHL yet.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  14:59:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Radulov got 1 game for his hit on Bernier, Pronger deserves at least that many for this one. I'd give him 2 with a fine.
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  15:08:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by manninm

This suspension is proof that the NHL has no interest in installing preventative measures against hits like this. Example: Tallinder gets cross-checked from behind into the boards, ends up being OK, not only no suspension for Alfie, but no penalty. Ridiculous. It shouldn't hinge on whether a player gets injured or not. Players should be punished on what they've done not on the resulting injuries.

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden

I agree with all of your comment except brining Alfredsson's hit into the example. I don't believe that one deserved a suspension.
Go to Top of Page

bonfire420
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  15:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Another thing I have noticed is that it depends on the player injured. Could you imagine the suspension to Pronger if it was Crosby he hit?? What about Tootoo if it was Crosby he one-punched??

The NHL needs to step up the discipline based on action, not outcome or player. Then maybe the players in our great game will start to have some respect for one another again.

I fully agree... can you imagine if it was Yzerman who had been hit in the same way, and he lay on the ice looking completely dazed like Holstrom was. Pronger might have easily been gone for the series in that situation. On the other hand imagine if it was Bertuzzi who'd been hit... there may not have even been a suspension there.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  15:12:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the NHL also takes into the account the player who created the situations. In this case, Pronger is a Norris candidate and former winner. He is known to be a physical player, but not really a dirty player. The fact that his team was down by 4 goals should also be taken into account. This wasn't a hotly contested battle, it was a blow out.

In any case, the league needs to step up on this kind of crap. It is one of the only thing I think we all can agree on.

Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  15:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think 1 to 2 games is good. Holmstrom could have gotten injured far more badly, I thought he went headfirst and his neck broke. Bad play on Pronger's part.

When life gives you lemons throw them at the Ottawa Senators and their fans and hope it gets them in the eyes ;)
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  15:34:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lock this topic he now officially got 1 game
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  15:51:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1 game is not enough for a head shot like that. If the NHL is serious about head injuries he should get 5 games as minimum regardles of who you are...Unfortunately they are just going with the flow...

One step down on the respect list for Pronger...

Lead, follow, or get out of the way...

Edited by - PuckNuts on 05/17/2007 05:46:58
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  16:20:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

Dirty, dirty. Make him play for the Oilers for the rest of his career. Then maybe he'll think about what he's done.

That was awesome!
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  16:54:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a suspendable elbow... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOAxYWeQWxE (See the clip at 1:20 - recognize the recipient?)

Go to Top of Page

D-fender6
Top Prospect

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  21:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A penalty should be the maximum. Suck it up Holmstrom and leage management!
Go to Top of Page

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  22:07:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D-fender6

A penalty should be the maximum. Suck it up Holmstrom and leage management!

well...seeing how pronger didn't get the penalty and neidermayer got booted(he was in the right on the hit i'd say it was clean from neidermayer's side) but pronger was headhunting...he smashed his head off the glass with both hands...luckily holmstrom only got 2 gashes in his head...could have been way worse

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  03:13:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went with make him sing "i''m sorry" and besides Detroit´s going to the finals Ducks aint.
Go to Top of Page

SJSharks
Top Prospect

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  07:20:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It shuld have been 2 games becasue there was a little blood. If there hadn't been blood ,then 1. God, I hate Pronger so much!

Thanks for the great season Sharks! May'be next year.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  16:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holmstrom has been a thorn in the side of many teams this year, and especially in the playoffs. The frustration that he has caused for all these defencemen has finally culminated into this incedent. How dare he have the audacity to perform his Ryan Smyth routine with the likes of Scott Niedermayer and Chris Traitor in front of the net? There was obviously intent, which, I feel, is tantamount to the act itself. For his venting of frustration, Prongs should have been left to cool his heels until the end of the series.
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  17:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A two minute penalty is all he deserved. Pronger is huge and can't help that guys are shorter them him.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  18:09:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote] Originally posted by SlowShot
A two minute penalty is all he deserved. Pronger is huge and can't help that guys are shorter them him.

Why did he leave his feet then?
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  20:54:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The suspension was correct 1 game. And hey the Ducks did fine, Scott Niedermayer and Beauchemain had to play over 30 minutes though. But they Won.
Go to Top of Page

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  21:49:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SlowShot

I'm with oilontario on this one...at what point would a bigger guy have to take both hands drive a persons face into the boards...and leave his feet...that aint huge thats intent man i don't care who the guy is

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
Go to Top of Page

Guest0832
( )

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  09:19:29  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote] Originally posted by SlowShot

Why did he leave his feet then?

Than a charge 2:00 minute penalty. Mind you if pronger did that to sundin he should at least get suspended the whole playoffs
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  09:20:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was me
Go to Top of Page

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  12:01:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so you would just charge a 2 minute penalty at the beginning of a game or what...that just doesnt happen...whether its holmstrom or some random rookie breaking out its a suspension in my book

Go to Top of Page

bonfire420
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  00:28:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like he's at it again... will the league send a message or turn a blind eye? I think he needs to be put away for longer considering he's a repeart offender.
Go to Top of Page

Guest1603
( )

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  01:07:52  Reply with Quote
quote:

Holmstrom has been a thorn in the side of many teams this year, and especially in the playoffs. The frustration that he has caused for all these defencemen has finally culminated into this incedent. How dare he have the audacity to perform his Ryan Smyth routine with the likes of Scott Niedermayer and Chris Traitor in front of the net? There was obviously intent, which, I feel, is tantamount to the act itself. For his venting of frustration, Prongs should have been left to cool his heels until the end of the series.

That was awesome, I hereby officially declare Mr Oilinontario to be my guidemaster through the pitfalls of the English language
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  01:11:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I´m guest 1603, da--it that seem to happen a lot.

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  07:01:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bonfire420

Looks like he's at it again... will the league send a message or turn a blind eye? I think he needs to be put away for longer considering he's a repeart offender.

This is the second time now he's done this in the playoffs this year. He needs to stop slamming people because he's likely to get suspended, and without Pronger the Ducks will be missing a key d-man, not good for the finals.
Go to Top of Page

bonfire420
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  12:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently it doesn't matter that he was just suspended for a very similar infraction... this is getting a little bit rediculous.
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  13:54:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He shouldn´t be allowed to play anymore playoff games. Ducks can manage without him and has already done so (IMO).

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  14:08:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not his fault he's so huge, he can't help it if he hits people in the head, but he still should be suspended because its his fault he's careless when he its

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page