Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 wheel of Nash Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  14:05:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are 100% right 'lanche. Perry and Getzlaf are likely underpaid and will get more cash, some of the players I mentioned are a slight step below Nash, and others are in the same group.

The point is the 'new range" is not $7+ million. It is still $5 million to $7 million with only the elite 10 or so players in the league over $7 million.

Rick Nash has the 5th highest cap hit of any player in the NHL. Only Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, and Staal are ahead of him. That is not the 'range" that is above the 'range' which was my original point.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2012 :  07:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Columbus did overpay Nash by about 1.2 million to me he is a 6 to 6.5 million $ player but the CBJ's had to give Nash that money at the time to lock up their biggest Marketing tool and their only real "star" calibre player this is the big reason Nash got paid top 5 money

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2012 :  14:25:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that he is signed to the Rangers, time will tell if he is the elite talent in the top 5 he is signed for. He has enough talent around him to become that player. If next year he doesnt eclipse 80 points playing for Torts and hopefully on a line with Gaborik he isn't worth the money he is signed for. I for one believe when he played along side Heatley and Spezza in a world tournament a few years ago, he was the best player on that line. And if my memory was correct Canada's top line of a tournament winning team.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page