Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Who Is More Likely To Make A Comeback? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  10:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
There was a poll on NHL.com and I thought it would be interesting to hear my fellow PUH'ers opinion on it as well.

Dominik Hasek had said a few days ago that he would like to make a return to the NHL. As a matter of fact, he had asked Buffalo if they would sign him, but they declined his offer.
Then a day later, Mike Modano had said that he would return to the NHL as well! He had actually said that he hates retirement!

So my question is, which one is more likely to make a return to the NHL?And which team do you think would take them?

47 year old Hasek, or 42 year Modano

Choices:

Mike Modano
Dominik Hasek
They Both Will
Niether Of Them Will

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  11:53:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
at this point I don't believe any team will have a place for these two, Hasek not even considering his age and years removed from the NHL game would have the toughest time because he is a goalie, not very many teams like to have an ageing back up espcially one pushing 47 when you could have a younger tender with potential.

Modano given his point totals and the way they dropped off towards the end of his career I just can't see any real intrest either,

Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. But to be able to trick people year in and year out the way I did, I think that was a much greater feat.
Bob Uecker

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  13:06:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could see Minny possibly taking on Modano on a 1 year deal if they deem him to have anything whatsoever left in the tank. He'd be a hit in the city he began his career in and wouldn't be need to put up points with the mega rich Parise there to do so.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  13:15:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Minny already said they had no interest in Modano. Buffalo also told Hasek to enjoy the old folk's home.

Neither. Not a snowball's chance. Go play golf. Go coach the Czech national team. Play beer league. The NHL is over for you and it should be. Two of the greatest to ever play the game would only tarnish that image by trying to play as 40+ year olds. Very few players are Chris Chilios or Temmu Selanne and can play into their 40's effectively.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4315
( )

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  14:02:06  Reply with Quote
Modano is a free pick up. He might end up playing like garbage, he might still have it. No one knows but some teams need scoring and/or mentorship. He will land in a team which needs these things.
Hasek is also a free pick up and although being older than Modano and a goalie he comes with one of the greatest resume's in NHL history. I can pick a few teams with an under par Goalie tandem and cap space. If I am GM of one of these teams bringing in Hasek for a 1 year contract is a no-brainer. If he can't do it no more at least he can teach ____ to do it.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  17:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I disagree on Modano, Beans. I think he might have something to give on a third line for some team.

Just . . . please don't let it be the Leafs.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  19:08:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I disagree on Modano, Beans. I think he might have something to give on a third line for some team.

Just . . . please don't let it be the Leafs.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Well f he can't play 3rd line for one of the worst teams in the league, who can he help?

Just kidding. I couldn't let that one go. My brain must be tinted blue from the avatar.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie

Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  20:07:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I say neither.

Modano didn't impress me his last year with Detroit.
Does Hasek want to be a backup? Maybe a team desperately picks him up after injuries.

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2012 :  14:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris Chelios

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page