Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Braden Holtby Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Go_Habs_Go
Rookie

157 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  20:57:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Is Braden Holtby going to be the no.1 goaltender of Washington.

How many games will he play?

"Bon point Jacques!" - Benoît Brunet

Choices:

less than 20
20-35
36-45
46-55
56-65
more than 65

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  04:37:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good question!

I guessed below 50 for sure, above 35. I don't think he'll be the clear cut #1 after this season, but . . . he won't bomb either.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  04:45:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Good question!

I guessed below 50 for sure, above 35. I don't think he'll be the clear cut #1 after this season, but . . . he won't bomb either.

I think Neuvirth still has a lot of potential aswell but i can see both goalies having terrific years because they are both young and trying to beat one another out for the number 1 job, I would venture a guess at a 40- 40 split

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4178
( )

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  10:02:33  Reply with Quote
According to Michal Neuvirth, Braden Holtby will not be the No. 1 goalie for Washington.

Here's what he had to say recently, which caught a few people by surprise:

“It’s true that until now, I have never been an official number one. But I have played just over a hundred games in NHL. That’s nothing. I’m starting the season sure that I want to play 40-50 games and I am really sure that I have the weakest competition [Braden Holtby] I’ve ever had. I will try to be number one goalie this season. Finally!”

I chalk Neuvirth's comment ("weakest competition") to how his quote may have been translated. I hardly think he meant to disrespect his teammate. And I think he was more making the assertion that he's ready to be a No. 1 goalie.

When asked about his comment, and his apparent (to some) slight to Holtby, here's what Neuvirth had to say:

"He sure is a great goalie. But I can't compare him to Voky or Varlamov, that's what I meant. In comparison to those two, he played nothing in NHL and that's why I take him as the weakest of them three. I'm definitely not saying that he is bad, not at all. I actually like the way he plays. But he is the worst of them three, that's all. I'm not afraid because of how he did in playoffs. I think that year ago I played in playoffs the same as he did now. They always say that the second season is the turning point, I'm curious how he will do…"
Go to Top of Page

Go_Habs_Go
Rookie

157 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  10:34:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yah, I guess it's gonna be kind of a Elliot-Halak duo thing, great stats for both the goalies and the team.

"Bon point Jacques!" - Benoît Brunet
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2012 :  04:34:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually agree to some extent with Neuvirth's bravado . . . but man, that is beyond inflammatory. Hopefully Holtby can take that kind of bs and take it like water off a duck's back.

It's gonna be a two goalie battle either way. For us poolies, it's maybe just a hunch reserve goalie to pick one of the two you think will win out (myself, I think it's pretty even odds, maybe a slight edge to Neuvirth).

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2012 :  05:50:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remeber last season Holby was apparently very unhappy with the Caps signing Vokoun and felt he had shown enough to be Neuvirth's back up last season, a lot of analyst said the reason Holtby was such a dominating force in the playoffs was because he felt he had something to prove, everything i have herd and seen with Holtby is put a hurdle infront of him and he rises to the occaision, Neuvirth's comments make this an easy call for me Holtby just found the next person he has to prove wrong,

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page