Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Pound is a moron Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  10:01:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
d*** Pound's comments about 33% of all NHL players on performance enhancing drugs are idiotic. This guy has no idea what he is talking about. Hockey players don't need to beef up to score more goals like baseball players do to hit more home runs. Roids don't create softer hands.

... and with a last name like Pound, why would someone name their child d***.

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  11:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If he said 15% would that have been ok? Or is the problem that he said anything at all??? I imagine it is somewhere between 10% and 20% (I have no proof) The point is, there is a problem. Substance abuse is a huge issue (roids, other enhancers, alcohal, drugs) I think he was wrong to put a figure out there that he can't substantiate but maybe this is what the "new look" league needs to clean up another problem. Some have said that it is not Pound's business and keep out but I disagree, NHL players are in "his" olympics, he has a right to be concerned. His comments were carefully timed to send a message to the league and the perpetrators in the league that the olympics are just around the corner...be ready.

And your comment about his name, nice...oh that'll teach him.
Go to Top of Page

Jack Kayden 66
Top Prospect

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  10:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 2002 Olympics showcased the best players in the NHL to the world. Don't they all get tested before and after the games? I don't remember hearing about one positive test. I think Pound is getting bored during the MLB offseason and has nothing better to do.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page