Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Incentives to watch a game Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest9880
( )

Posted - 01/13/2013 :  18:31:12  Reply with Quote
So what are the incentives they are throwing out there to try to lure you back?

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
591 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2013 :  18:35:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hockey.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9880
( )

Posted - 01/13/2013 :  18:44:12  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9880

So what are the incentives they are throwing out there to try to lure you back?

I only see Ottawa offering incentives on tickets, merchandise and concessions snacks but other cities were also mentioned.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413457

Sahis funny but Phoenix residents would disagree with you the past few years.
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  06:19:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
an excellent team with good possibility of a Stanley Cup!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  08:51:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing from the Canucks yet on what they'll do, if anything... I heard somthing about $2 hot dogs and popcorn for the weekend games, and deals on merch. Will wait and see.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  10:27:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Oilers had a shinny game at Hawrlack Park in Edmonton yesterday. It was a socail media thing where Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle challenged each other to some shinny. I guess there were about 1000 people that were there and the message was only out for a few hours. It was also about -15 without the wind chill yesterday so it was bundle up weather.

The Oilers are also having open practice for the next three days.

I haven't heard of anything that will be happening at the rink regarding cheaper food or whatever. The Oilers do not own or manage the rink so if anything comes I think it will be in the way of fan give-a-way type of things.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4350
( )

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  11:01:27  Reply with Quote
quote:
I only see Ottawa offering incentives on tickets, merchandise and concessions snacks but other cities were also mentioned.

Pittsburgh is giving free tickets and cheaper concessions. Boston is giving discount at concessions and merchandise.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5052
( )

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  11:25:37  Reply with Quote
I have to say that I disagree with the perception out there that the fans are entitled to any incentives or any promotions. It may well makes sense from a business perspective given the frustration of teh lock out; but it seems to have spun into something where fans feel owed something.

I disgaree with that mentality.

I think what the Oilers did and the Jets too with an open practice, was appropirate. But people looking for a free hotdog or discount on tickets or items seem to me to be exploiting a situation than anything else.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  12:10:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The habs are having an intersquad game at the bell center with a few Hamilton call ups to complete the rosters and offering it up free of charge to the fans, other than that i do not know

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  17:10:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently the Canucks had an open practice / scrimmage today which was free. Reports are it drew only a few hundred fans. Now, keep in mind, this is on a Monday, mid day with people working or at school AND it was last minute notice.

I've not heard anything that they may do to draw fans back but around here, though it'd be a nice gesture, it's prob not really necessary. The team is still going to be competetive and in this market, drawing fans will not be difficult.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9880
( )

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  18:32:37  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5052

I have to say that I disagree with the perception out there that the fans are entitled to any incentives or any promotions. It may well makes sense from a business perspective given the frustration of teh lock out; but it seems to have spun into something where fans feel owed something.

I disgaree with that mentality.

I think what the Oilers did and the Jets too with an open practice, was appropirate. But people looking for a free hotdog or discount on tickets or items seem to me to be exploiting a situation than anything else.

I think Canadian teams don't have to do much. What Ottawa did is nice but I'd never pay to watch a game at any arena, unless it was free.

US teams in hickville nowhere are gonna pay to get any attendance. Otherwise the players and staff will be buying tickets for lots of friends.

As an aside, it is brilliant of the owners to reduce their HRR with these give aways. Justifies reducing the cap.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  19:18:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
What Ottawa did is nice but I'd never pay to watch a game at any arena, unless it was free.

how much would you pay, if it was free?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4377
( )

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  20:29:18  Reply with Quote
If it was free, I would pay a million dollars to see a game! :)
Go to Top of Page

Guest4377
( )

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  20:43:32  Reply with Quote
Interesting, but with very little notice, the Oilers drew around 2,000 fans for their open practice today. On a Monday, a work day, and a school day.

The Edmonton fans appear to be very excited about the upcoming season!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  04:57:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Leafs are running their own style of "promotion" . . .

1) They suddenly (and inexplicably) fired the GM just before the start of a shortened season.

2) They replaced him with a relatively quiet GM in Nonis.

3) Not even one prediction or blustery comment has been made about the playoffs yet, and we're just a few days away from the first game of the season!

THAT'S promotion Toronto style!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  16:34:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

The Leafs are running their own style of "promotion" . . .

1) They suddenly (and inexplicably) fired the GM just before the start of a shortened season.

2) They replaced him with a relatively quiet GM in Nonis.

3) Not even one prediction or blustery comment has been made about the playoffs yet, and we're just a few days away from the first game of the season!

THAT'S promotion Toronto style!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Slozo, they're too busy planning the parade route.

Another thought is that Gillis is still trying to include a trip down Robson St here in Vancouver as part of the parade route should he send Luongo there to win the Leafs the cup! That's gotta be what's holding up the deal!!!
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  20:10:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Incentive to watch Live or on TV? TV-- come home from work, have a beer watch a game. Live--- Well...More expensive beer, Ice Girls and what about the one they both share, some God Da*n hockey we can finally watch again!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4178
( )

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  12:42:44  Reply with Quote
Check out what the Oilers are doing, which is actually quite impressive: http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=651590

One thing not publicly announced (yet), but they are hoping to give fans a voucher for a free beer. They are awaiting word from the Alberta Liquor and Gaming Commission, which needs to approve this giveaway first.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page