Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Julien video Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  14:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is pretty funny. Here, what had to be put together by a Hab fan, is a video of Julien's comments to the media about the Habs embellishing/diving and how they're guilty of doing so all the time.....with a little twist of course! Pretty funny stuff......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6IxtxfsNWg&feature=player_embedded

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  14:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you say "hypocrite?"

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

Guest4377
( )

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  17:38:16  Reply with Quote
Right now, 95%+ of embellishments go unnoticed or unpunished. (At least by the referees, but not by the fans or commentators who have the benefit of slo-mo and/or multiple replays.)

The odd time, when "unsportsmanlike diving" is called, the "perpetrator" is still called for the "infraction." Which means coincidental minors, so no real punishment to the player (or team) where the embellishment resides.

The league needs to better deal with the divers in the league.

Giving the officials the benefit of the doubt, it's very difficult to discern and determine diving, especially in fractions of a second. (And without the benefit of replays.)

But when you see some examples (similar to Marchand's antics as seen in the attached clip), the league should review such occurrences, and start with warnings to be fair, and issue sanctions to players who repeatedly embarrass the league (and their team), with punishments which will make players think twice about diving.

Just based on what I saw in this particular video clip, Marchand deserves to be brought before a real hockey player (Brendan Shanahan) to explain his a actions!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9848
( )

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  17:43:20  Reply with Quote
Great video!
Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  20:25:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahahahahaha!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  20:47:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW, i'm in no way accusing the Bruins of being worse than anyone else when it comes to embellishing, but i did find it ironic that Julien claims he won't put up with it, yet Marchand is one of the worst offenders in the game!

Again, i know the Canucks are as guilty as any team, maybe moreso, but the hypocritical nature of Julien's comments is laughable!

FTR, Kesler is still one of the worst! That one "career year" he had he really smartened up, and even though he's been injured a lot since, he's been terrible, including embarrassingly bad at diving this season!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4377
( )

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  21:09:40  Reply with Quote
I'm no lip-reader, but I agree with the commentator who stated that Marchand said "I was trying to draw five."

And how about the sponsor (Duncan Donuts) which appears prominently behind Claude Julien during his press conference. How ironic! There are more holes in Julien's comments than a 12-pak of donuts!

This is akin to a coach or team owner making comments about head-shots to star players, when one of your own players is (or was at the time) a head-hunter! Guesses anyone?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  14:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a great article by Kerry Fraser on TSN.ca the other day about this. One of the frustrations I have with embelishing is often a penalty is called against a player and an embelishment against the other player. Fraser's point is that not often does an embelishment occur without an initial infraction. For example, the penalty is a legitimate trip but the player getting trip makes it look worse. The current structure gives 2 min to both players.

Frasers suggestion was the best I have read to this point. He is suggesting making embelishing a 4 min penalty. Meaning the intial infraction is still properly penalized but the embelishment receives a more severe punishment.

It's the best suggestion I can think of to reduce embelishment in the sport.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  15:42:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

There was a great article by Kerry Fraser on TSN.ca the other day about this. One of the frustrations I have with embelishing is often a penalty is called against a player and an embelishment against the other player. Fraser's point is that not often does an embelishment occur without an initial infraction. For example, the penalty is a legitimate trip but the player getting trip makes it look worse. The current structure gives 2 min to both players.

Frasers suggestion was the best I have read to this point. He is suggesting making embelishing a 4 min penalty. Meaning the intial infraction is still properly penalized but the embelishment receives a more severe punishment.

It's the best suggestion I can think of to reduce embelishment in the sport.

Great idea. I hadn't seen this. I also like the idea that's been floated out there that all incidents are reviewed and if found to be 100% sure of embelishment, then a punishment is handed out. Could be a warning system where you get a freebie (warning) then you sit for a game, then 2, then 3, etc. THIS, would likely have coaches having a chat with their players! I guess the problem might be that it would be a full time job for someone to go through every possible instance of embellishment in every game to be sure not to miss any and to keep it fair unless some other sort of system could be introduced.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page