Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Trade talk Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  10:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

I was thinking. Bozak is not going anywhere but is it possible for a deal between Vancouver and Toronto with bobby Lou going to tor and Grabo going to van. Obviously not straight up. So say

To van
Grabovski, MacAther, and a 2 round pick conditional. (If the leafs make the 2nd round of the play offs)
To tor
Roberto Louongo

Well van fans what do you think.

I agree with Alex that this deal doesn't fit what I would consider meeting Vancouver's expectations. I think any deal with TO has Riemer going the other way as well Bozak, Kadri, or Gardiner.

That said, Toronto would be fortunate if putting a conditional pick for making the 2nd round. As it sits today, the Leafs in 6 means they will play the winner of the SE division. I like the Leafs chances against Winnipeg.

On another note, a Toronto/Winnipeg match up would almost certainly be the most watched first round in NHL history.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  10:16:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fair enough beans should have said if they not make the second round then it is a third round pick. Even still I think Grabo would fit nicely on the Canucks. Unless they were looking for a rental player.

Quite frankly I don't see the leafs moving out bozak, or Kadri at this point. Not where they aren't in the standings. Maybe colborne. Or Ashton and possibly gardener if the Canucks threw something else as we'll
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  11:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

I was thinking. Bozak is not going anywhere but is it possible for a deal between Vancouver and Toronto with bobby Lou going to tor and Grabo going to van. Obviously not straight up. So say

To van
Grabovski, MacAther, and a 2 round pick conditional. (If the leafs make the 2nd round of the play offs)
To tor
Roberto Louongo

Well van fans what do you think.

I don't think VAN parts with Luongo for any package that does not include a centre. Grabo and MacArthur are not centres. But thats just my take.

There has been a lot more chatter recently around moving Luongo, and it seems TOR is heavily in the mix once again. But I don't think they're the only ones.

EDIT - hm, I was not aware that Grabo was indeed a centre, so I suppose he could be in the mix. However, the other problem with Grabo is his 5.5M cap hit for the next 5 years - the Canucks cannot carry that.

Edited by - nuxfan on 03/30/2013 11:27:27
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  11:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

I heard today that the Leafs would consider Kipper over Loungo, due to his contract length, but thats only if he reports to play. Kipper has stated he wishes to remain in Calgary due to a newborn and wants to be a Flame. I wonder if the former Flames connection in Toronto and the possibility of the playoffs will sway him away. I also read the other day that Kipper is considering taking next year off regardless of location. I hope this not to be true if he remains a Flame. There are so many good goalies in play at the end of this season, but Kipper if he would play for another team would be a great rental.

Kipper apparently has stated that he will not leave Calgary, to the point that he'll refuse to report anywhere should he be traded. Sounds like he's not going anywhere.

I also heard that he might take next year off, although I wonder if that might have more to do with his contract only paying 1.5M in the final year of a front-loaded deal. If he does not play, the Flames can suspend him and his contract, and free up 5.5M in cap space.

First Thomas, now possibly Kipper, I wonder if this is the future for all these long term front load deals going forward... once you get to the cheapy dead years, simply don't report and have the team legitimately suspend you. Team instantly frees up cap space, doesn't take a cap penalty for the player retiring. Looks like an exploitable loophole to me.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  16:03:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still think Grabo lacks the grit the Canucks will be after. Kadri, with his breakout, is not gonna happen, however, maybe Colborne is available now due to Kadri's success? I've heard he's stalled as far as development / progression goes so maybe the Leafs are ready to give up on him and would include him in a deal? Is he good enough to help the Canucks though? I don't know as i've seen / heard little of him. Does he play a gritty game? I know he's got some size, but i don't know his style / physicallity.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  20:45:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I still think Grabo lacks the grit the Canucks will be after. Kadri, with his breakout, is not gonna happen, however, maybe Colborne is available now due to Kadri's success? I've heard he's stalled as far as development / progression goes so maybe the Leafs are ready to give up on him and would include him in a deal? Is he good enough to help the Canucks though? I don't know as i've seen / heard little of him. Does he play a gritty game? I know he's got some size, but i don't know his style / physicallity.

I don't think VAN is aiming very high. With Hank and Kesler set as the 1-2 for now, they are really in the hunt for centre depth more than anything. Bozak on an offensively-charged 3rd line would be a nice addition.

I agree, I would not want to see Grabo in a VAN uniform. Moot point though, his 5.5M cap hit pretty much kills the thought. Unless VAN is looking to move a lot more than just Luongo...
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  07:51:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
personally i think a trade for any goalie to come to Toronto should no longer be considered by Nonis. think about it. why should he make a trade? both Reimer and Scrivens are a big part of the teams success this year, and their stats prove that. assuming they make the playoffs, wouldn't some starts benefit Reimers (and Scrivens') development?
i say forget Kipper, forget Luongo. stick with the guys that got you here. they deserve that much.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  08:53:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Gipper.

In fact, I'll go on record as stating that these Kipper/Luongo rumours for the Leafs are 100% media generated, and that Toronto will be keeping both goalies. I am putting the slozo 100% guarantee on that puppy.

I do think the Vancouver GM gave Nonis a call, no doubt abut that - but that is just him doing his due dilligence and letting them know the new asking price for Lu to all potentially interested buyers. That's all, nothing more, nothing less. I just don't see any other evidence that shows me it's more than that, and frankly, I think Nonis would be a fool to move his young goalie Reimer who is something like 13-4-4 with a great save percentage (.920, after his 4-0 shutout Saturday - a real statement game for him).

So, besides that SLOZO GUARANTEE of no goalie deal for the Leafs . . . I'll take a guess that it's quite likely the Leafs do make a hockey deal of some sort, at least one, for a player in the starting line-up right now. Probably for a defenceman (with probably two leaving the Leafs) upgrade, possibly for some grit in the forwards (MacArthur, Bozak and even Grabovski are possibilities).

My money is on Liles or Gunnarsson or Kostka getting traded, and in a small package getting shipped for a higher quality d-man. Bouwmeester and others are likely targets IMHO (pure speculation).

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  09:15:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't disagree that Reimer and Scrivens have played very well but I think the question to ask is simple: Would you feel more comfortable going on a playoff run with Reimer as your #1 or Kipprusoff as your #1. The answer is pretty simple.

I hate to say this, it hurts like h-e-double hockey sticks to say, but I see the Leafs having a legitimate chance to go deep into the playoffs. They are not slipping at all coming down the stretch (HUGE surprise) and more importantly they appear to have their key pieces healthy.

Pitt without Crosby is a risk al beit they are still very strong, Boston is slipping as of late but still very strong. Other than those two teams, every other team in the East is beatable. Some folks in Montreal or Ottawa may not like that statement but it's true.

Blech - Just threw up in my mouth thinking about this next statement:

I give Toronto even odds to beat any team in the East except Pittsburgh and Boston. I think Toronto has more than a fighting chance against every other team.

If that is the case, they would be foolish to not attempt to add a few pieces that could make them even better. A move to send Reimer and something less significant today to Calgary for Kipprusoff would be a massive upgrade in confidence at the goalie position. Of course, that is based on Kiprusoff wanting to play at least the rest of this season in Calgary.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  11:14:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I don't disagree that Reimer and Scrivens have played very well but I think the question to ask is simple: Would you feel more comfortable going on a playoff run with Reimer as your #1 or Kipprusoff as your #1. The answer is pretty simple.

I hate to say this, it hurts like h-e-double hockey sticks to say, but I see the Leafs having a legitimate chance to go deep into the playoffs. They are not slipping at all coming down the stretch (HUGE surprise) and more importantly they appear to have their key pieces healthy.

Pitt without Crosby is a risk al beit they are still very strong, Boston is slipping as of late but still very strong. Other than those two teams, every other team in the East is beatable. Some folks in Montreal or Ottawa may not like that statement but it's true.

Blech - Just threw up in my mouth thinking about this next statement:

I give Toronto even odds to beat any team in the East except Pittsburgh and Boston. I think Toronto has more than a fighting chance against every other team.

If that is the case, they would be foolish to not attempt to add a few pieces that could make them even better. A move to send Reimer and something less significant today to Calgary for Kipprusoff would be a massive upgrade in confidence at the goalie position. Of course, that is based on Kiprusoff wanting to play at least the rest of this season in Calgary.

Beginning of the year, it's Kipper hands down, sure.
Right now . . . I guess I would lean towards Kipper, but I'd be just as happy with Reimer.

Reimer is familiar with his team.
His defence knows him well by now.
Kipper can have bad moments of that old "I'm getting slow" age disease.
Statistically and play-wise . . . not much seperates these two goalies at this time, IMHO.

And what's the point of trading maybe slightly up, for an aging goalie near retirement who may not want to even play here really? A guy whose heart isn't into it for maybe a year or two, while we let go of the young kid with years and years ahead of him?

For THIS Leafs team . . . as good as they've played of late, this is not the "top contender looking for a final piece" team. We are still building.

No, I'd say thanks but no thanks, and keep Reimer, for sure.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page