Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 Taylor Hall on a Roll Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4377
( )

Posted - 04/03/2013 :  21:37:06  Reply with Quote
With 5 points in the Oilers 8-2 win over the Flames tonight, Taylor Hall is on a roll.

Hall now has 41 points in 33 games played, including 14 points in his last 5 games, or 22 points in his last 12 games.

If the Oilers make the playoffs, and if Hall finishes in the top five in NHL points, he could gather a few MVP votes.

Two big IFs there, but Hall is definitely having a "Hall" of a season!

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2013 :  21:47:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ironic that you posted this! I was thinking about posting something similar the other day and then i saw he had 3 earlier tonight (game was still in progress) and almost posted then!

Hall really has been on fire! The fact that RNH has finally seemed to get his head outta his you know what is prob helping, though this too could be creditted to Hall?

The MVP race, with Crosby's absence is wide open. It really deserves it's own thread....
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  08:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only Crosby and Stamkos have a better PPG than Taylor Hall.

Not only his production but anyone who watches this kid play on a regular basis would also agree he has been an absolutely beast on the forecheck. He still has a propencity to play a little reckless at times but, for the most part, he isn't putting himself in a vulnerable positions any more and he may be the fastest player in the NHL.

I wouldn't give him too many MVP votes as he has been a bit streaky and I also don't agree with rewarding player who were disciplined for dirty hits. That said, I think anyone who was talking crap about him not living up to the #1 overall hype or those saying he was a liability coming off shoulder injuries have been proven wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  08:54:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
S'all good. I jinxed him with my kind words and the Canucks shut him down.

All kidding aside, it's gonna be fun to watch Hall and Seguin over the next 6 or 7 years to see who develops into what!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page