Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 does vancouver get Sweeped tonight Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4604
( )

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  15:31:51  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
I dont like the Golaie situation im saying sweep..

Choices:

yes
no

Statman
Rookie

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  16:49:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The goalie situation is the least of the team's problems.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  17:06:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Statman

The goalie situation is the least of the team's problems.

Well said. The only argument one could possibly have is that one of the goalies should have been moved for help elsewhere. Ironically, had they moved Luongo, they'd have either started Joe Cannata or more likely a career backup they'd have aquired in the deal, in games 1 and 2. Would they have fared any better than Luongo who played quite well???

Here's a telling stat. Dating back to the SCF's vs Boston in 2011, the Canucks have played 15 playoff games (inc the 7 vs Boston). They have scored a total of 21 goals in those 15 games and that includes the one Raffi Torres scored for them earlier in this series (as well as any other own goals and empty netters i can't recall at this point).

Not many teams win hockey games while averaging 1.4 goals for per game, even in the playoffs. Goaltending is NOT the problem!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4604
( )

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  22:24:03  Reply with Quote
Whooooooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo

Cya later sucker's.... I predict no playoff's for the Nucks next yr..
Go to Top of Page

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
591 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  22:48:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The goalie situation has been a major distraction and has done the canucks no favours, the main problems however are only 4 top 6 forwards, no elite puck moving D-man and the sedins being on the decline.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  06:45:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I disagree that the goalie situation is an issue. Both goalies handled the situation very well and I think both played well enough to win. As Alex said, if you can't score goals you can't win playoff series. Regardless of how good your keeper is, less than 2 goal a game is not going to win.

The goalie controversy is a media thing and a fan thing. It's not reality.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  08:52:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I disagree that the goalie situation is an issue. Both goalies handled the situation very well and I think both played well enough to win. As Alex said, if you can't score goals you can't win playoff series. Regardless of how good your keeper is, less than 2 goal a game is not going to win.

The goalie controversy is a media thing and a fan thing. It's not reality.

I disagree - the media certainly hype up the controversy more than it is, but there has to be some sort of tension between the two. It was certainly not the reason they lost the series, but I"m sure both goalies are looking forward to a resolution this summer.

The really interesting thing will be what they do to resolve that situation. A year ago I figured it was a done deal that they keep Schneider and move Luongo. All year long I thought the same. But with this year's early exit there is bound to be deeper moves made to rebuild this team in areas other than goaltending - and they will need to trade away core assets to get other assets back. Schneider would fetch more in a trade than Luongo would...
Go to Top of Page

Guest4604
( )

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  09:45:09  Reply with Quote
I see a new Gm and coach coming in to Van city next yr.. So the goalie Situation well finally come to a rest So bored of hearing about it..
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  10:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel bad I didn't cheer more for the Nucks. I wish this playoffs hadn't focused on the goalie controversy, rather than what really mattered in Vancouver and that was secondary scoring. They loaded up there backend, but can't seem to find the scoring they need when it matters. Good game last night and a farewell to Loungo in Vancouver.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  11:38:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

I feel bad I didn't cheer more for the Nucks.

Don't be too hard on yourself Joshua, i don't think it'd have changed things.

Beans, i think the one thing related to the goalies that can be complained about, is the fact that having the two of them, kept them from adding assets that may have helped elsewhere (secondary scoring). I think the two goalies got along just fine and didn't blame one another for the difficult situation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page