Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 . MR ROY Coach of Colorado.. Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4676
( )

Posted - 05/23/2013 :  16:15:55  Reply with Quote
WOW Sakic and Roy Team up again....

Whats is the team going to look like Next yr.. Are they Playoff Bound..

I think So......................

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2013 :  07:55:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a fantastic situation for Patrick Roy to come into frankly - an underachieving, young team full of talented players with a bright future. How can they not do better next year? And, Roy has put in his time dutifully coaching in the minors . . . riding the bus, etc is not a "rich man's dream", but Patrick loves the game and took his future seriously.

Good for him, hope it works out. History shows us that quite often, past great players don't make the best coaches (see: Gretzky). And as a goalie . . . I have to say that's a first for me, I can't even think of any other past NHL goalie becoming a coach (did Dryden coach in the minors?).

There's a lot of talk that his temper will not be very condusive to the job, but we'll see.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie

Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2013 :  09:03:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not completely sold on Roy just yet. That might have more to do with guys like Gretzky, Nieuwendyk, and Yzerman all having moderate to low success recently especially when compared to their playing careers. I do think Roy will help with attracting free agents though.

I wonder if Roy can sway the vote of the avs brass to take either McKinnon or Drouin - he saw both play plenty this year in the Q hopefully he ca persuade the avs to grab one of these kids to play with Duchene.

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2013 :  09:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You dont like Yserman as GM in Tampa? I get he hasn't drastically changed the team, but I think he is a capable GM. I know Nieuwendyk made a few mistakes (Avery, Hull), but Dallas didn't do too bad always near the post season with an aging team and poor market.

To the Gretzky issue, maybe in an alternate universe you would take a guy with zero head coaching experience and drop him in a environment like Pheonix and expect success. To be honest Pheonix almost drove him completely away from the game in any capacity. I think he might have found better success if he was brought through the system properly and with a better team to work with. If he worked under Bowman, Hitchcock or the like as an assistant first, he might have found better success in the desert.

Roy has done a good job in the minors and isn't walking from a playing career straight into a Head coaching position in the NHL. He has earned an opportunty and Colorado is the best place to use Roy's success in his playing career to build a team while he gets his first taste of NHL coaching.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie

Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2013 :  10:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just think if Tippett were available he might be a better option

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2013 :  10:18:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed wholeheartedly. I expect him to get snapped up moments after he becomes available, should it happen.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page