Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Who Won the Rask Trade? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4521
( )

Posted - 06/11/2013 :  19:32:07  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who won the Rask Trade?

Choices:

Boston - Rask
Even
Toronto - Raycroft

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  11:53:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lmao...this is good , very funny, at least someone has a good sense of humor here.

The leafs win with Red Light ...Raycroft....JFJ for GM of the year !!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2633
( )

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  16:24:51  Reply with Quote
Well he does hold the record for most wins(39) in a single season for the franchise that has had a lot of good goaltenders. Using the same logic that alot( but not all) leaf fans are using to judge leaf players, there may be some logic to say raycroft was the better goaltender. I mean rask has never had 39 wins in a season.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2492
( )

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  12:25:34  Reply with Quote
Is that really true? I dont believe raycroft has the most wins in franchise history.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  15:35:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He has the most wins in a single season in a leafs jersey. That is a true fact. He shat the bed the very next season though.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  16:23:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And got shat on by the Leafs' media the season he set that record.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2014.
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2013 :  10:20:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are we really having this discussion? come on....
yes, Raycroft set the record for most wins by a Leaf goalie in one season. that is true......and to clarify it was 37 wins (according to NHL.com)

BUT......what everyone fails to mention is that he started 72 games that year and also managed to rack up 34 LOSSES! granted that 9 were OT/shootout losses, but nevertheless a loss is a loss. and that's probably why he got "shat on".
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2013 :  11:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be fair the team in front of Raycroft lost 34 games as well. I dont remember Raycroft much for good or bad. All I know is Toronto spits out young promising goaltender's on a regular basis. Would be neat to see a goaltender entering his prime who has a good win loss record and postseason experience playing in Toronto with the upside this team has now. I hear the team has confidence in Reimer, but the game 7 loss was his for the winning and an experienced goalie might have fair better in that type of situation.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2013 :  12:48:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is a joke thread but on a serious note, how impressive is Raask performance against Pittsburgh considering how they dismantled the Sens and Islanders?? Nabokov had a solid regular season and many would say he was a big part of the Islanders making the playoffs. His numbers were not amazing but considering the pourous team he played on, he was very strong. Even more telling was the way the Pens beat on Craig Anderson. A guy many figured would have been a Vezina contender had he been healthy and was the best goaling through the first round of the playoffs.

The Pens embarrassed both of those teams.

Then, Tukka and the big bad Bruins allowed only 2 goals in 4 games against the best offensive team in the playoffs.

Sick. Rask has faced the most shots of any goalie in the playoffs and has the best numbers (wins, GAA, save %) than anyone playing more than 2 games.

Seriously, could you imagine the TO team had they only had the assests they have 'given' to Boston. Take Kessel of the Leafs and add Seguin, Hamliton, and Rask. They might not be significantly better than the Leafs today but I can think of few players in those positions that one would rather have if building a team.

Oh hindsight.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2013 :  00:56:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans i`ve always said id undo the rask deal over the kessel deal any day. This was the one that really hurt the leafs.

Who knows, rask may be the NHL`s next great one......if he already isn`t.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2013 :  17:27:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im thinking not trading Sundin while Toronto could have gotten a return for him, might have been the spot of history that hurt the Leafs the most, but hey Rask with possibly 2 cups in Boston makes me smile too. Albeit 1 years as the backup.

quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Beans i`ve always said id undo the rask deal over the kessel deal any day. This was the one that really hurt the leafs.

Who knows, rask may be the NHL`s next great one......if he already isn`t.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "

Edited by - JOSHUACANADA on 06/18/2013 17:27:52
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2013 :  17:37:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sundin wouldn`t waive his no trade clause Joshua.

He surely didn`t do the leafs any favour in their rebuilding process,after collecting all those millions from them.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2013 :  00:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

He surely didn`t do the leafs any favour in their rebuilding process,after collecting all those millions from them.

Great point. Sundin, at his peak value or close to it, wasn't wanting to move. Having said that, it's hard to hate on a guy that wants to stick around like he did. However, when he ended up in VanCity, i'm guessing a few Leafs fans weren't loving it too much!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2485
( )

Posted - 06/19/2013 :  06:58:06  Reply with Quote
Not only did Toronto show bad judgement with this deal as almost all Toronto fans agree, but Toronto's own management, scouts, and coaches couldn't even get it right in picking the better prospect. I believe that Boston was after Justin Pogge but Toronto didn't want to part with him. Wonder how Raycroft and Pogge are doing now?
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2013 :  08:25:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the last few months of the final year of his contract Sundin chose to play it out in Toronto rather than play on a cup contender. He just liked golf more than playoff hockey. Then UFA happened and he bolted. Calgary made the same mistake with Iginla and held on to him to long and didn't force a trade early enough to get a decent return. NTC are a stumbling block, but if approached properly and early enough, a player will waive them for the right situation.

quote:

Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2013 :  21:00:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn`t agree with you more that Sundin would rather play golf than hockey..... i always believed that he wouldn`t waive his no trade because he would have to play more games that season.

Matt Sundin was a 110 - 120 pts per year player who put up 80.....if only some players with heart had his size and skill......what a whale of a player you would have.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page