Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Will Iggy find it? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2335 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2013 :  15:19:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
In the Boston Bruins line up will Jarome Iginla find his form once again?

Choices:

Yes
No

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2013 :  15:57:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My answer was yes, but to be honest I wasn't aware that he lost it. Iginla might have lost mobility, but the ability to score hasn't gone away. Few power forwards in the league have been as consistent as Iginla who outside of a few 50 goal seasons and/or better than a ppg seasons, has been a consistant 30-35 goal scorer and .90 a game player throughout his career. Calgary's mistake was always trying to find a center or linemates that can make Iginla more successful, when they should have looked for players off his line that could score at or near his pace to take the pressure off his line. No question Iginla will succeed in Boston.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2013 :  21:43:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
find his form? I wasn't aware that he had lost it.

as Joshua states, Iginla has been incredibly steady over his career, good for 30-ish goals and 75-ish points year in year out. He's coming off a year in which he had 33 points in 44 games, and didn't show much rust even after moving teams. Except for one questionable playoff series, he should be good to go.

Perhaps the question should be, when will Iginla start to lose his form? He's 36 now so his best years are behind him. Can he continue to produce at the pace he has in the past, and for how long? I think he'll have a good year in BOS, with teammate improvements and centres that can produce, and a legitmate shot at a cup.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  05:43:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with the comments about Iginla not losing his form but I am not sure he will maintain his standard numbers this year. Firstly, a new team, system, and line mates will take some time to get accustom to. Secondly, it would of be surprising to see Iginla on the 2nd or maybe 3rd line in Boston meaning a likely drop in minutes and production. Finally, he is 36 years old.

Personally, I see Iginla as closer to a 60 pt player than a 70 pt player and I do really hope Boston wins the cup this year. That would give Iginla the chance to retire before this game leave him completely. I don't think he ever lost his form but I do think he won't maintain his form this year.

For one of the all around good guys in hockey, I hope I'm wrong.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  05:48:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted no, with the same thoughts as Mr. Beans.

He's been super consistent, but if I was to predict a decent drop in production/numbers, it would be for this year. As a poolie, he has for me now shifted to a late round pick . . . and on the Bruins, with a even deeper team than last year after the addition of Eriksson . . . I see 20 goals, 25 assists or thereabouts.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  07:36:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
find it? when did he lose it? 33 pts in 44 games last year is still very good not to mention he has always been a slow starter in an 82 games season 65 to 75 points last year could have been expected, not to mention 12 point in 15 playoff games, what does he have to find exactly? sure hes not going to win an art ross or a maurice richard trophy, but he could very easily be a top 10 goal scorer next considering the talented team he's playing with!

the last time he failed to score 30 goals in a season was 1999, i was still in elementry school, oh and he scored 29 that year!

Considering he is one of the most consitent and durable players the NHL has ever seen i don't see any slowing down to his game!

my prediction for Iginla this year 35 goals 35 to 40 assists, and he won't have find it he will just keep on doing what he has always done!

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  07:49:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I predict a slight decline and a sub 30 goal season from Iggy, though high 20's would be my guess. It will really depend on his ice time and linemates of course and as someone mentioned, the addtion of Loui Eriksson could eat into his minutes, especially on the PP.

I think Slozo's 45pts is low, but Pasty's 70-75pts is high. I'd venture to guess that Vegas odds would be around +/- 61.5pts for the season. Keep in mind, 33pts in 44 games last season is a full 82 game pace of exactly 61.5.

Although it's a small sample size, his 11pts in 13 games in Pittsburgh last year (reg season) would be a pro-rated 69pt season.

I'd bet the over, though i think he's in that 65pt range this season.

Lastly, i think at this point of his career, we ought to show him the respect he deserves and has earned as both a hockey player and person. Please, from now on, refer to him by his full name when speaking of him here on PUH. Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla surely deserves this respect, no? Uhhh, nevermind.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  08:40:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be takeing bets on Iggy's point production, you interested Slozo, seems to me we had one a few years back i think the bet was 35 goals or more i win and 34 or less you win, didn't he score 43 that year?

I would be willing to bet Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla has a 30-30 season, so if he were to fail to reach 30 goals and 30 assists who ever wants to take the bet wins, but when he score 35 goals and adds 30 plus assists i win!

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  08:45:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

I'll be takeing bets on Iggy's point production, you interested Slozo, seems to me we had one a few years back i think the bet was 35 goals or more i win and 34 or less you win, didn't he score 43 that year?

I would be willing to bet Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla has a 30-30 season, so if he were to fail to reach 30 goals and 30 assists who ever wants to take the bet wins, but when he score 35 goals and adds 30 plus assists i win!

[pause] Hello? Hello?

You offered it to Slozo first but if he declines I will take that bet.

Just to clarify, you are saying 30-30.

Meaning if he gets 20-40 you lose the bet??

Are you saying it has to be 30-30 or is it a combination to be over 60 pts??

I don't see Iginla scoring 30 but I don't think it's unlikely to see him get 60 pts.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  09:19:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15
Firstly, a new team, system, and line mates will take some time to get accustom to. Secondly, it would of be surprising to see Iginla on the 2nd or maybe 3rd line in Boston meaning a likely drop in minutes and production. Finally, he is 36 years old.

The thing I like about BOS is that they roll their top 3 lines pretty consistently, and don't count too heavily on a single line. Not one forward had more than 20 min TOI last season, and there were 7 forwards that averaged near or above 2 mins of PP TOI per game - fairly unusual numbers in today's NHL. This would indicate that a player like Iginla, an offensive powerhouse, is going to get plenty of quality chances to produce.

As for getting used to new teammates - I thought the same when he was traded last season. He only went on to score 11 points in 13 games with PIT. Put him on a line and PP with decent players, of which BOS has many, and he'll produce. He'll have plenty of time to get to know his new teammates during training camp.

The only question for Iginla will be, will he have enough chances to produce at the same level? I agree with you about ice time - he's going to get his fair share of chances, but in CGY he got an unfair share because they depended on him so much.

Combine that with age, I think 60-70 points will be where he ends up. Which might be enough to lead BOS in scoring next season.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  10:58:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:

[pause] Hello? Hello?

You offered it to Slozo first but if he declines I will take that bet.

Just to clarify, you are saying 30-30.

Meaning if he gets 20-40 you lose the bet??

Are you saying it has to be 30-30 or is it a combination to be over 60 pts??

I don't see Iginla scoring 30 but I don't think it's unlikely to see him get 60 pts.

Yes beans those are the terms i meant, as you said if Iginla score 20 goals and 40 assists i would lose, for me to win Iginla would have to score 30 or more goals and 30 or more assists ,

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  11:53:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot are saying that Iginla never lost it but on other threads stating that he shouldn't be on team Canada.

Shouldn't a guy that never lost it be on team Canada, the same player that won the gold in 2002 and 2010?

Iginla is still a great player, power forward, leader and is a natural winger. Not only will he have a good season with Boston, because like many stated, he never lost it. But he should also be on team Canada.

He will score 30 goals and have around 60 - 65 points for Boston.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  14:42:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

A lot are saying that Iginla never lost it but on other threads stating that he shouldn't be on team Canada.

Shouldn't a guy that never lost it be on team Canada, the same player that won the gold in 2002 and 2010?

Iginla is still a great player, power forward, leader and is a natural winger. Not only will he have a good season with Boston, because like many stated, he never lost it. But he should also be on team Canada.

Why?

Players get older, and good players get left off of Team Canada every time there is a tournament - its a problem when you have the deepest corps of forwards in the world. Team Canada has stated that they want to get younger and faster, and unfortunately as Iggy ages, he is less of those things. I don't think anyone would claim that he is one of the 3 best scoring RW's in the NHL today, and IMO he should not be on the team.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  14:57:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

Why?

Players get older, and good players get left off of Team Canada every time there is a tournament - its a problem when you have the deepest corps of forwards in the world. Team Canada has stated that they want to get younger and faster, and unfortunately as Iggy ages, he is less of those things. I don't think anyone would claim that he is one of the 3 best scoring RW's in the NHL today, and IMO he should not be on the team.

agreed as you can tell by my previous responses i could even be called bias towards Iginla as i am a huge fan but unless he is tearing the league a new for the first half of the season there is no way on an olympic rink he comes before the plethora talent Canada has to offer

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  15:56:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am starting to look at this forum in a different way. Did the Admin mean will Iginla find the form to become an Olympian again or just score at his pace in Boston. I say finding consistant scoring in Boston is more likely, than the form he had in the past as an Olympian.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  16:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

I am starting to look at this forum in a different way. Did the Admin mean will Iginla find the form to become an Olympian again or just score at his pace in Boston. I say finding consistant scoring in Boston is more likely, than the form he had in the past as an Olympian.

They just said, will he find his form again. Which if he plays well with Boston, like many implies, he should be considered for Team Canada. That's where I was going with that.

But to defend a little bit is I brought that up because most people seems to agree that Iginla does'nt have anything to find because he never lost it. Well if that's the case, why is Iginla on nobody's team Canada? It's either he lost it or he's good enough for Team Canada.

I'm, for one think he's still a good player and a valuable player for team Canada (scoring hability, toughness and leadership + natural winger)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  04:54:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasty - I will 100% take those terms for a bet with you on Iginla.

PASTY to win:
Iginla must score 30 goals or more
AND
have 30 assists or more

SLOZO to win:
Either of the above terms are not satisfied.

What's the bet for?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  05:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll give you guys my more "in-depth analysis" reasons why I predict the stats fall for Iggy.

A lot of it ISN'T about him getting old, but it is there. Most of it is about Boston, the team, and the way they roll their lines and structure themselves.

Boston is a three line scoring team. Once a newly acquired player of decent worth comes to their team, their Time On Ice declines appreciably . . . just because of how they are structured. It happened to Nathan Horton, and it happened to Ryder (if looking at his statistical average in Montreal, not his last season there) and Recchi to a small extent.

Now, less time on the ice, on a very good team, sometimes it sort of evens things out . . . and it did certainly for Ryder and Horton in their first years.

So let's go to reason #2 for me,
On this defensively responsible, 3 line rolling team, how many 30 goal scorers per year have they had?

Last year -2012/13 (when I extrapolate 1/2 year stats over a full season):
1 (Marchand, figures out to 30.7)
2011/12 - 0
2010/11 - 1 (Lucic, with 30)
2009/10 - 0 (22 was the high!!!)
2008/09 - 1 (Kessel, 36)

That's right - we have to go back to 08/09 to get a "real" 30 goal-scorer with talent on the team who easily gets 30 goals on this defensive-minded Bruins club.

So, who are the prospects to be that one 30 goal scorer this year on the Bruins?
Well, we have Lucic and Marchand still on the team, they are threats to do it, but certainly wouldn't bank on it at all.
Oh yeah - they acquired this Loui Eriksson guy . . . perennial 30 goal scorer with talent. Now HE should definitely be that guy . . . this is a guy exactly like Kessel, no? Money in the bank.

On top of that . . . this team is rife with Left Wings, and has Iginla as the only proven Right Wing with top line value. So who might Iginla play with?
Could be with Eriksson on the 'top line' with Krejci.
Could be on the '2nd or 3rd' lines with Lucic, or Marchand.

See where I'm going with this?

The odds are already stacked against Iginla being that one 30 goal guy on the Bruins, with Eriksson on this team - that's #1. #2, Iginla is 100% guaranteed to have a lot less minutes. #3, Iginla ain't getting any younger. And #4, any of the lines he's expected to play on have at least 1 capable scorer who is also a threat to get close to that 30 goal range . . . and traditionally, an older player of Iginla's stature will shift to more playmaking and move away from goal-scroing.

Done!
Game, set, match.

This house . . . is CLEAR. (obscure reference, sorry)

Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  12:00:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm the biggest Iginla fan and I would say that he has been sliding in point production for a few years - for the first time in his career. He's had a couple anomolous years in the past but never 2 in a row. He's always managed to bounce back after a low season. He hasn't bounced back in the last couple years and it was concerning as a Flames fan (don't get me wrong, the Flames had many problems in the last few years, not just the declining numbers for Jerome)

Here are his numbers in the last 3 years:

26g, 36a, 62pts - 2012-13 (extrapolated out to an 82 game season)
32g, 35a, 67pts - 2011-12
43g, 43a, 86pts - 2010-11

Now the previous 4 years were more where you'd expect him to be with the one exception in 2009-10:

32g, 37a, 69pts - 2009-10
35g, 54a, 89pts - 2008-09
50g, 48a, 98pts - 2007-08
39g, 55a, 94pts - 2006-07 (only 70 games)

Looking at these stats, (if you remove 2009-10) he has been sliding slowly year over year for the last 7 years (2006-07 he only played 70 games so he was on pace to put up more points than following year 2007-08 so I've taken that into account in my statement) This trend is not unusual, we almost always see a player hit their peak in their late 20's and early 30's and begin a slow decline. But the last 2 years have been a sharp drop, so I would say he has lost his form a bit over the last few years. It's probably a combination of a few things:

1) Too many distractions with contracts and a closing window for ultimate victory for his team
2) revolving linemates as they tried to find some chemistry with someone on the team
3) Aging - he is human after all

Problem 1 is solved in Boston. With a little luck problem 2 can, and should, be resolved. And with the spark of a new team we could see his age become a non-factor this year.

I'm looking at Iggy to roll in around 75-80 points. Not a complete bounce back to 2007-08, but a pretty decent recovery. In the end, all I care about is the Flames winning a cup, barring that, I'll settle for Iginla getting one - given that the Flames are in a rebuilding year.......Go Boston???
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  15:07:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I would normally be pointing to the most recent statistics to project future stats, Iginla's last few season are not a good way to average his projections. I think it would be fair to say for 3 years, you want to shutdown Calgary, you key on Iginla's line. Now that will not be the case in Boston. I have totally disregarded Pittsburg's stats because of the shortness of the duration there of a shortened season, with elevated linemates. In Boston as so elequantly put by Slozo, the key to shutting down the offense is to spread out the defense to cover all 3 top lines. The problem is most teams cant match the depth of Boston, ergo, Boston is a tough team to shutdown.

Iginla's role will not be to backcheck or shutdown the opposing teams players, but to lead the offensive rush, which is what Iginla does best. He will be paired with some of the NHL's best 2way players and is dangerous when paired with mediocre players. My expectation is for him to have a .8 to .9 ppg season on a team oozing depth and if he can stay healthy for 82 that would be 60-70 points. That's my thoughts.

Go to Top of Page

markliso
Rookie

Canada
104 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  21:52:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would have to agree with slozo, they have very balanced lines and find ways to win with team talent and not individual talent.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  14:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

PASTY to win:
AND
have 30 assists or more

SLOZO to win:

What's the bet for?

hey Slozo sorry about the delay been out of the country for work, would you like to put a signature on the line? I know you and beans usually have the avatar bet so I'll leave you guys that one,

just remeber Slozo when we bet on Iggy last time i think you said something like "i'll never bet agaisnt Iginla again"

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  15:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh
Go Boston???

I just want to formerly welcome Leigh to Bruin Nation. Except against Toronto, it is primarily a place known for agonizing losses, misery and the occasional uncalled for crackerjack to the beaker, but it is a close-knit family who also manages to sneak in a Cup every thirty-nine years or so.

We are simple folk here Leigh, less complicated perhaps than you fans in Canada (judging by the Kessel thread anyway), but what we lack in complex analytical tools we make up for in (use your best Beantown accent now) Heaaaaaaarrrt .

Welcome Leigh-san!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  09:04:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

PASTY to win:
AND
have 30 assists or more

SLOZO to win:

What's the bet for?

hey Slozo sorry about the delay been out of the country for work, would you like to put a signature on the line? I know you and beans usually have the avatar bet so I'll leave you guys that one,

just remeber Slozo when we bet on Iggy last time i think you said something like "i'll never bet agaisnt Iginla again"

[pause] Hello? Hello?

Signature for the full off-season, of the winner's choice;
Done and done.

Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  15:03:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoah, whoah, easy there Andyhack! Let's not get carried away. There were a few question marks at the end of my last statement. haha! Maybe I should rephrase...temporarily I hate them a little less.

quote:
Originally posted by andyhack

quote:
Go Boston???

I just want to formerly welcome Leigh to Bruin Nation. Except against Toronto, it is primarily a place known for agonizing losses, misery and the occasional uncalled for crackerjack to the beaker, but it is a close-knit family who also manages to sneak in a Cup every thirty-nine years or so.

We are simple folk here Leigh, less complicated perhaps than you fans in Canada (judging by the Kessel thread anyway), but what we lack in complex analytical tools we make up for in (use your best Beantown accent now) Heaaaaaaarrrt .

Welcome Leigh-san!

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  00:56:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Whoah, whoah, easy there Andyhack! Let's not get carried away. There were a few question marks at the end of my last statement. haha! Maybe I should rephrase...temporarily I hate them a little less.

Leigh.....Thank you for clearing this up!! Andyhack....go take your brainwashing skills elsewhere...thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2013 :  05:19:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it is only pre season but watching Iginla dominate my habs last night leaves me with split feelings, A. I may just win my bet with Slozo B. Lucic and Iginla pretty much had their way the habs last night,, may be a long season,

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2013 :  08:59:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I know it is only pre season but watching Iginla dominate my habs last night leaves me with split feelings, A. I may just win my bet with Slozo B. Lucic and Iginla pretty much had their way the habs last night,, may be a long season,

[pause] Hello? Hello?

Aaaahhh . . . preseason games. Enjoy them, my friend, revel in the glory of all that is oh so insignificant.

2 goals for Iginla playing with Lucic and Krejci, against AHLers, one goal on the power play. And Price sucked.

Seriously?

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2013 :  16:50:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

[pause] Hello? Hello?

Aaaahhh . . . preseason games. Enjoy them, my friend, revel in the glory of all that is oh so insignificant.

2 goals for Iginla playing with Lucic and Krejci, against AHLers, one goal on the power play. And Price sucked.

Seriously?

I can dream can I sir! my hope for the preseason is just that Iggy shows such good chemistry with Lucic and espcially Krejci so he keeps playing with them that can only positivly effect his numbers!

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2013 :  08:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Didn't one go in off his skate as well?
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2014 :  07:14:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
on pace for 65 points and only 26 goals, I think Iggy has still got it! plus he has always been hot late in the season and a slow starter!

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2014 :  10:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

on pace for 65 points and only 26 goals, I think Iggy has still got it! plus he has always been hot late in the season and a slow starter!

[pause] Hello? Hello?

Durable as always, Iginla has played in all 61 games this year.
19 goals, 29 assists, 48 pts.

21 games remaining for you to win this bet, and you need Iggy to get 1 more assist . . . and 11 goals.

11 goals in the LAST 21 games of the season.

Good luck!
(man, this champagne tastes good!)

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2014 :  13:27:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep Slozo i would say the odds are on your side but i think he will get close, i wouldn`t be suprised to see him finish withj 28ish goals, oh so close,,,,,,

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  17:43:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for bringing this post back to life Pasty, I've been meaning to myself.

He's been on fire in the last 13 games (19 points and a +13) I don't think he'll hit my prediction of 75 points but 65-70 is definitely in the realm of possibility. As usual he comes alive in the middle of the season.

I will definitely be cheering for him/Boston in the playoffs since the Flames are in a "time-out".
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  20:57:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for bringing this post back to life Pasty, I've been meaning to myself.

He's been on fire in the last 13 games (19 points and a +13) I don't think he'll hit my prediction of 75 points but 65-70 is definitely in the realm of possibility. As usual he comes alive in the middle of the season.

I will definitely be cheering for him/Boston in the playoffs since the Flames are in a "time-out".

Leigh....bet ya the Canucks get more hole in one's that the Flames during the playoffs!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2014 :  12:50:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I was talking with a buddy of mine the other day and we were talking about best players of all time and so on, and me being 26 said of the players in my generation that I got to watch to me Iginla is the best, yes guys liken Sakic Forseberg Yzerman are all players I got to see play but to me of the players I got to watch when I was old enough to truley appreciate how they played Iginla to me is the best,

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2014 :  14:17:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasty....he's right up there! Those other guys you mention are not only centers, they played most of their careers with better complimentary players than Iginla did! As a sniper, playing without a top center, not many were better!

*Cue the Kessel comparisons
Go to Top of Page

markliso
Rookie

Canada
104 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2014 :  13:23:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
7 goals left, 15 games.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2014 :  05:06:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by markliso

7 goals left, 15 games.

he`ll be on fire down the stretch!

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2014 :  18:27:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by markliso

7 goals left, 15 games.

he`ll be on fire down the stretch!

[pause] Hello? Hello?

I'm actually starting to worry.
Just popped another one in tonight . . . yikes.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2014 :  20:07:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow....2 more tinight including a cheapy (empty netter), but they all count! You worries are legit Slozo. Iggy is def in stretch mode!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page