Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Cory Schneider odd stats Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  06:28:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking over Schneider's stats I can't remember if I have ever seen a goalie with a 1.98 G.A.A who after 9 games has only 1 win,

Schneider is 1-5-3 with a 1.98 G.A.A and a .918 Sv% you've got to think the Devils are not very good but then you look at Marty's stats

7-3-2 with 2.06 G.A.A and a .915 sv% is it just luck of the draw or do the Devils simply play better for Brodeur?

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  07:25:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't watched the Devils enough to really know for sure... in the one game I saw with them (3-2 OT loss to VAN), Schneider was very good in a losing cause, and the team didn't play that well in front of him. I can only imagine that, with stats like that, there have been lots of games like that.

Looking at his stats, in the 9 games he's played, NJD have scored 10 goals total, so barely more than 1 GPG. They have also been shut out 4 times while Schneider is in net. Thats pretty brutal support for any goalie.

Its quite possible that NJ does feel more comfortable playing in front of Brodeur - he's only been their starting goalie since I was in high school . NJ also sucked tremendously in the beginning of the season, its possible that they're getting better now. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Go to Top of Page

Statman
Rookie

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  12:00:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two words: Run support
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  14:28:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same scenario as Dubnyk in Edmonton. The team knows that Brodeur is gonna let in the odd bad goal but wont have a complete stinker on a regular basis. Allows for more creative playmaking. From what I remember Brodeur is one of if not the best goalies at stickhandling the puck. Don't know if that's still true but it might be part of it.

Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2013 :  13:46:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Timely saves is also to consider.

And we all know that Brodeur is sitting way above anybody else in the win column, so he definitly knows how to win.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page