Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 NHL All star game Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2015 :  14:21:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
What should the NHL do with the All Star game?

Choices:

World vs North America
Canada vs US vs World - 30min games -Total goals
Stanley Cup Champs vs All Stars
Leave it as is
Scrap it all together
Other (Please specify)

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2015 :  14:33:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've not yet voted on my own poll. I really don't know what I would choose if it were up to me. I have to admit though, I'm getting tired of how many of the big names seem to come up hurt the week prior to the game. For example, it's a little fishy to see Crosby AND Malkin opting out and it makes you wonder if the Pens had anything to do with this? Sure, these guys may have nagging injuries, but how bad are they? The game itself is such a "scrimmage" that it's not likely they'd hurt themselves further. I think these superstars owe it to the paying fans to play in these games!
Wondering what everyone else thinks? I know that the more competitive you make it, the more chance there is of injury, but something needs to be done. I actually find the skills competition to be far more enjoyable. Maybe they need to scrap the actual game and expand this part of it somehow???
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2015 :  16:05:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted other. Looking at the format to the World Cup of Hockey, I would put it during the All Star timeline. Have 6 core teams similar to the format proposed and the Youngstars and European players not of the core group. Having a multi game tournament where players have something to get excited for would be better than having a game which looks similar to the Harlem Globe Trotters of hockey game. The only thing that would be missing from a fans perpective would be the skills competition.
Go to Top of Page

andarchy
Top Prospect

19 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2015 :  08:02:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted for 'other'. I would rather see 2 days of skills competitions through a x-games style format, where on day one the qualification/prelims are held then on day two the semi-finals and finals are held. I would love to see other neat categories such as trick shot and possibly a harder accuracy test (they can all hit the four targets, make it harder). This would still give the players and the fans a great 2 day event, but without the 50% effort of a game. Maybe this would also stop certain star players from taking the time off to heal, as the skills comp isn't nearly as strenuous. This could also open up more spots for players to be voted in due to the fact that they won't be filling roster spots, they'll be entering a competition where a certain amount will be eliminated. I would definitely sit down to watch the 2 days of competition, because as it is right now I rarely sit through the All-Star Game.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page