Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Trivia & Other Games
 Question from a newbie Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coreystol61
Top Prospect

1 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2021 :  07:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently went to an AHL game and it was my first real hockey game I have ever been to live. I have played lots of hockey games going all the way back to NHL '95. I have just two questions as I am not as familiar with how an actual hockey game goes as I've never really seen one in person.

Is offsides not much of a thing anymore? All game long I noticed offensive players beyond the blue line before the puck crossed and it kept blowing my mind. Am I just misinformed or were the refs just not doing their jobs?

Every time a goalie caught the puck, the game stopped. They didn't once give them a chance to pass it back out to their teammates. And the game would stop for like 1-2 minutes and then start again with a faceoff. It slowed the pace of the game down significantly.

I apologize if this comes off as agressive or dumb, I just would like to be informed the next time I go to one as it was really fun to watch a live game. I was at the edge of my seat most of the night and would really like to get to know the game better.

Thanks
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page