Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 The Fly Award Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  09:36:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
The Fly Award goes to the NHL player deemed most overachieving.

(Note, not all panelists voted on this award)

Honorable Mentions go to (# of votes): P. Stanstny (3), H. Zetterberg (2), A. Kopitar (1), K. Huselius (1), C. Osgood (1), J. Lupul (1)

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!

Choices:

Mike Richards (6)
Pascal Leclaire (5)
Cory Stillman (4)

Edited by - Beans15 on 01/06/2008 14:26:05

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  16:38:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had to go with my man, Stillman

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  18:32:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, how can Leclaire lose this one? A point is a point is a point. And thirty points is thirty points is thirty points. Breakout seasons is a fact of hockey life.

But look a Leclaire! With one more shutout in the second half than in the first, he is on pace to tie the most shutouts ever in a season if i am not mistaken. Who knew of this guy? He was injury plagued backup material who could not get his lucky break, and, playin in Columbus never got any attention. All of a sudden predictions for Vezina? Come ON

Habs get number 25 this year
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  01:18:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Guys, how can Leclaire lose this one? A point is a point is a point. And thirty points is thirty points is thirty points. Breakout seasons is a fact of hockey life.

But look a Leclaire! With one more shutout in the second half than in the first, he is on pace to tie the most shutouts ever in a season if i am not mistaken. Who knew of this guy? He was injury plagued backup material who could not get his lucky break, and, playin in Columbus never got any attention. All of a sudden predictions for Vezina? Come ON

actually he was a highly touted top prosoect who became injury problematic he was seen to be as good a prospect as say fleury

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  14:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fleury was the third goalie ever picked first overall. You can't compare the aspirations for him to those of Leclaire. Ya, Leclaire was picked eighth. But I think a lot of us forgot about him after his first few seasons with no results.

Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  16:07:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still not convinced Leclaire is a great goaltender, not yet.

He is having a great season, don't get me wrong. I will also give in to the fact, he has pretty much no one in front of him. But, the fact is, it's one good season.

If he can continue for the remainder of this season, and the entire season next year, I may start to believe he is a great goaltender, with a bright future in the NHL.

I'm not knocking his current season though.

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  17:07:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vezina is for this year though. I would be mad if they gave it to a goalie with more history, he has been sensational. Not a legend in net, no way Jose. But still, this year, he is the guy , Luongo comes close, very close, but not enough in my mind .

Theodore won it in 03, Leclaire deserves it now

Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  22:54:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do agree Alex. So far, he is a worthy a candidate. I'm not saying he isn't. I was just stating overall, on how I feel about him. Not this season alone, or whether he should have the award this season or not. I won't make that decision until years end. I did make my mind for this forum, for the half-year award though. :)

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

shinnyafterschool
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
375 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  05:22:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about Mike Comrie? I never expected him to be doing this good, although New York might have. Garth Snow = GM of the Year??
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  15:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike Comrie might deserve to be mentioned but no way you can tell me he takes the award Shinny After Sschool ?

Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  07:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laclaire, he's leadeing the league in shutouts. What about Rebeiro? I would've picked him.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page