Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 teams 9th and up most likely to make playoffs Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  18:07:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
what teams that are currently not in a playoff spot, are most likely, not saying they will but if you had to choose who would most likely make it.

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Choices:

Toronto Maple Leafs?
Philiadelphia Flyers?
Atlanta Thrashers?
Tampa Bay Lightning?
Colorado Avalanche?
Chicago Blackhawks?
Edmonton Oilers?
St.Louis Blues?

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  18:12:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Without a shadow of a doubt Colorado. Maybe Philly has a chance if they get off their losing streak and fast! But Colorado has played without Sakic Smyth and Satsny and are still in ninth. Imagine with them back!

Habs get number 25 this year
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  18:19:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree

for a team to miss players like

smyth who is the heart and soul of every team he plays for, sakic who is a hockey legend, and statsny who was a candidate for the calder memorial trophy and a member of the legendary statsny family and also a very talented young hockey player, to still be in 9th is amazing

quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Without a shadow of a doubt Colorado. Maybe Philly has a chance if they get off their losing streak and fast! But Colorado has played without Sakic Smyth and Satsny and are still in ninth. Imagine with them back!

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  11:48:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find it interesting that you call Smyth the heart and soul of every team he played for.

In New York, do you truly believe he was the heart and soul considering he played roughly 25 games over there? In Colorado, what with Sakic leading the pack for the last 20 or so years with Quebec / Colorado, you really think Smyth can come in and be considered even remotely the heart and soul?

And in Edmonton, with Jason Smith blocking shots late in the game down two goals, and all the hometown heroes who stuck with the team, you think Smyth, with the whole ''not going to another team'' fiasco can be considered their heart and soul?

Passionate player, no doubt 'bout it. Heart and soul? Reasses that statement.

Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  11:53:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gotta go with the Avs. Especially since their goaltending has been fairly solid this year. you bring back Sakic, Smyth and Statsny, and i think we could see them making a run like they did last year! Except this year they will make the playoffs. And surprise a lot of people in the playoffs too! Dallas better hope they don't need to play them! LOL

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  12:37:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, if you look at it, Colorado really is one of the best teams. If I am Detroit or Dallas, I am wondering what type of thing did I get myself into by playing for a first place / second place seed that acquires for me the ''privelege'' of suiting up against Colorado.

They really are one of the better teams, though injury problems distort the standings just a tad. I think that they could be a big ''surprise'' to a lot of people who just start following hockey come playoff time

Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  13:26:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they will advance until they meet the SHarks who will take them down in a 7 game series! with Thornton getting the winning goal, of course.
I would also love to see Phoenix making the playoffs! see how Gretzky and Co. do in the playoffs! it would be very cool to see the Coyotes knock off the Wings in the first round!

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  13:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, what the heck, if you can't lick 'em join 'em

I want to see the Hawks play the Wings and win, with someone getting a centre ice goal

I want to see the Sharks and Ducks go to the conference final, with the Ducks winnning and winning the cup unless they face the Habs in the final

I want to see Colorado make the playoffs, and I want to see Dallas take the conference and then lose

And I only want to see Phoenix in if they go far...

Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  13:40:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no dude! you can't want the Ducks to win. They represent a potential problem in the NHL. with the whole "take the first half off and come back for the playoffs" players.
It would be cool if the Hawks made the playoffs. However, i don't think this is the year. They are still too young. next year they will definitly be in tho.
I'm thinking the Sharks are going to get to the conference finals but lose. They just don't have enough depth and it is going to kill them. Unless they can pull off a trade for Hossa. Hossa and THornton? wow! :)

and Alex, go on the armchair general manager forum thing and make me an offer for Mike Ryder. I would like to trade for him before the trade deadline tomorrow

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  13:43:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This just in, Forsbberg signed with the Avs. I retake my previous statement, I want Colorado to do better than just make it, I want to see them have a shocking last twenty games and win home ice advantage

Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  13:53:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are you kidding me? where did you find this? FOrsberg and Sakic reunited? YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO AVS!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Alex

This just in, Forsbberg signed with the Avs. I retake my previous statement, I want Colorado to do better than just make it, I want to see them have a shocking last twenty games and win home ice advantage

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page