Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best division in the NHL Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  08:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Heading in to the home stretch, which division will have the most teams in the post season?

Choices:

NorthWest
Atlantic
NorthEast
Pacific
Other

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  08:52:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This really will end up coming down to the wire. Let's look at the divisions:

Atlantic: (3-4)

Pittsburgh is in and so is Jersey. I think that leaves room for only one of the Rangers / Flyers / Islanders, with too many division games down the home stretch being the cause. Then again, the Sabres and Leafs are the only teams battling for that lost spot, neither of which are shoe ins.

NorthEast (3-4)

Montreal is in Ottawa is in Boston is in. That leaves one team between Buffalo and Toronto that will have a chance. I am not writing off Toronto just yet, but to get in, it will be at the expense of many Buffalo losses, so I say only one gets in of the two.

SouthEast (1)

This is obviously the weakest link in the entire NHL. While Washington has a chance even if they do not win the division, which looks like it was destined for Carolina this year so far, they still need to beat off Buffallo, two New York teams, the Flyers and Leafs, who are all hungry for berths. I say only one entrant from the south.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Central (2)

This prediction is not etched in stone, but again, too many division games for teams fighting in stronger divisions down the stretch might be the one way pass for Nashville's post season. As Detroit is the only feared squad in that division, Nashville will be left to play Columbus Chicago and St Louis for about a month. That type of calibre against a hungry team might make the Predators into predators, and watch for them to get a lucky break courtesy of the NHL schedule.

NorthWest (3)

Is it a push to say Nashville will make it at the expense of Vancouver? Ask the Sedin brothers what they think. Lack of offense againt good teams like Calgary Minnesota and the resurgent Colorado will cost them the final spot in the end.

Pacific (3)

Playing Dallas San Jose and Anaheim for the last month of hockey can not be good if you are on the outside looking in. The Coyotes came out and said they do not mind missing the post season on NHL.com, and Los Angeles... f'get about it.

In conclusion: While the NorthWest might feature the best teams, a terrible SouthEast coupled with a mediocre rest of the conference will give way for one of the two east divisions to have the most representation come playoff time.

All aboard the Price bandwagon

Edited by - Alex on 03/07/2008 08:53:00
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  14:27:19  Reply with Quote
Northwest by far is the best division in all of hockey. Right now they occupy 4 of the 8 seeds in the west. Vancouver slippin out of playoff contention? i see them wining the division for the second straight year.
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  16:45:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pacific no question

Dallas
San Jose
Anaheim

all of them legitimate contenders

Phoenix
LA

Both have great futures
The Pacific is the best division by far and in the future all 5 teams could be playoff teams.

Go Stars
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page