Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Here`s the real facts all included Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest2761
( )

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  16:25:17  Reply with Quote
If you juge gretsky for a better player then lemieux just because of the records and the points.....it`s your way of thinking it... I think it this way.Is Jagr a better player then lemieux? i don`t think so...Will jagr finish his career with more points yes.Like i said jagr won`t ever be a better player then lemieux or gretsky even if he ever beat one of those two. What about records??OH my god. records are good but hey look at selane he beated gretsky`s record.Is he a better player? nope.It all come to this. I have seen gretsky, lemieux and crosby play. gretsky was the best in his days with the oilers. then came lemieux. he was better. then Crosby is the best. It`s like the human is going better and better each years or so...I just imagine crosby in the oilers in the 79`S would be ouff not imaginable. I don`t know if u guys understand what i am saying here. But it`s like an evolution. So yes lemieux was better then gretsky but crosby is better then both of them. Too bad it`s hard these days to put it in the net cause the goalies are so big and good. I just can`t imagine if crosby would play in the 80`s or so.I have said anough. I am just tired of saying my point of view and i know i am right. But in the end they were all good hehe.See ya

Guest9913
( )

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  20:00:04  Reply with Quote
First, which record did Selanne break? I don't recall Selanne ever breaking a Gretzky record.

Secondly, I don't think anyone is saying Gretzky is better just because of his career point totals. What about his points per game average, season and career? Regular season as well as playoffs? Gretzky had the higher points per game average, both in his best seasons as well as his entire career. Just look at his playoff points per game average compared to Lemieux's. It isn't even close. And he managed to do it while playing FAR more games than Lemieux. (Note: it is much harder to maintain a high PPGA over a 20 season career and playing about 500 games more.)
Go to Top of Page

Guest9913
( )

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  20:12:19  Reply with Quote
Note: that's 500 more regular season games, not including the extra 100 playoff games. That's not counting the 7 times he went to the Stanley Cup Finals and all the Canada Cups and international tournaments that Lemieux didn't play. Gretzky packed an extra 5 years into his 20 year career when you think about it. And he still managed to have a higher PPG average. Amazing.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  07:48:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im going to guess you must be talking about selannes rookie scoring record? if not im confused
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  09:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Selanne has the record for most goals as a rookie with 76 in 92-93. Gretzky did not have this record. The next 4 were:

53-Mike Bossy, 1977-78
51-Joe Nieuwendyk, 1987-88
43-Dale Hawerchuk, 1981-82
43-Luc Robitaille, 1986-87

Gretzky had 51 in his NHL rookie season, but this did not count as he actually started as a PRO in the WHA, so the NHL did not consider Gretzky to have a rookie season.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  16:09:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2761

If you juge gretsky for a better player then lemieux just because of the records and the points.....it`s your way of thinking it... I think it this way.Is Jagr a better player then lemieux? i don`t think so...Will jagr finish his career with more points yes.Like i said jagr won`t ever be a better player then lemieux or gretsky even if he ever beat one of those two. What about records??OH my god. records are good but hey look at selane he beated gretsky`s record.Is he a better player? nope.It all come to this. I have seen gretsky, lemieux and crosby play. gretsky was the best in his days with the oilers. then came lemieux. he was better. then Crosby is the best. It`s like the human is going better and better each years or so...I just imagine crosby in the oilers in the 79`S would be ouff not imaginable. I don`t know if u guys understand what i am saying here. But it`s like an evolution. So yes lemieux was better then gretsky but crosby is better then both of them. Too bad it`s hard these days to put it in the net cause the goalies are so big and good. I just can`t imagine if crosby would play in the 80`s or so.I have said anough. I am just tired of saying my point of view and i know i am right. But in the end they were all good hehe.See ya

How old are you? Judging by your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and hockey knowledge, I can't imagine you're old enough to reach a keyboard without a very thick phone book.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2009.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page