Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Markus Naslund - where now? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  16:30:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know about you, but when i hear the name "Markus Naslund" I still think of one of the elite players in the NHL today. Sure his point production has seen drop from the elite status in the past 3 seasons yet I love watching this man play hockey he plays with passion, guts, leadership and all the qualities that make a player great, Come July first Mr, Naslund will be a UFA it is still unclear as to what his fate will be. Will he re-sign in Vancouver? After all they did honor him last year for his years in the organisation but they have made no real statement of weather or not they want their captain back,, personally as I said in a heartbeat i would sign this man to my club, i think that vancouver has stifled Naslunds perfomance the pas few years and not the latter,, i could see him returning to 30 goal seasons with 70 to 90 points with another club,, maybe he could find a home in Detroit!

Pasty

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  17:26:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My buddy from Vancouver heard that nazzy sold his house in Vancouver so he might not be returning to the canucks. As for the 70-90 point season thats a tough one, I hate to say it but Naslund wont be a 70-90 point player again. 50 points at the highest. If he continues to play, he could retire for all we know.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  18:24:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gostarsgo12

My buddy from Vancouver heard that nazzy sold his house in Vancouver so he might not be returning to the canucks. As for the 70-90 point season thats a tough one, I hate to say it but Naslund wont be a 70-90 point player again. 50 points at the highest. If he continues to play, he could retire for all we know.

come now he is 35 and scored 25 goals last year and he doesn't always play with the sedin's meaning he is all that is offense on his line,, im not sayin he will be the dominant force he was in his prime but he still is a top tier player in the nhl properly paired he could easily and i mean easily put up 90 points,,, say in a blue jackets jersey ,,,, next to Captain Rick Nash!!!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  18:43:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to live in Vancouver and moved to Toronto not long ago. So I've seen nazzy when he was in his prime and he is by no means the same player that he used to be. Not even close. He's no longer a guy who makes guys around him better and I don't believe that he plays with the same passion that he used to.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy12
Rookie

Canada
105 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  17:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He should go to Toronto and be a first or second liner for them

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  13:17:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard a little whisper that he might go to Pittsburgh!
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  13:30:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vancouver offered Sundin $20 million for two years. Naslund has sold his house here. Maybe Toronto could happen for Naslund????
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  22:08:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Vancouver offered Sundin $20 million for two years. Naslund has sold his house here. Maybe Toronto could happen for Naslund????

NOOOOO!
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  06:12:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

A swapping of Swedes? Sweet.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8852
( )

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  14:17:13  Reply with Quote
ive heard rumours about calgary looking for a second line calibur player and have interest in both naslund and former linemate berrtuzzi
Go to Top of Page

Guest4680
( )

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  09:57:19  Reply with Quote
Naslund has gone to NY Rangers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page