Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Naslund not a fan favourite in Vancouver anymore! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  12:06:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I loved Naslund's comments yesterday about the Canucks lack of success. Something to the effect of "it's not just a result of the defensive system but also has to do with the team's player personnel"

WOW!!!! Nice departing gift to his team. That must have stung a bit. Not something you expect from a captain. I guess that's what happens when you piss a guy off for two straight years!

While not exactly a classy move, he definitely told it like it is! Unlike many, I don't think it's Naslund's fault that his numbers were down. They didn't give him anyone to play with...and even when they did, they didn't give them time to gel, at the first sign of trouble Vigneault would break them up. Let's face it, Naslund is good but he's not now, nor ever been a Crosby, Iginla, Jagr, or Ovechkin. Naslund needs other players to help him produce. He needs linemate chemistry. Top that off with the fact they've been playing a weird defensive system and an offensive guy like Naslund is going to struggle.

I live in Vancouver and enjoyed watching him play but I wish him nothing but good luck and success in New York! I'm glad he said what he said, now maybe the Canucks will open their eyes up and do something (not too much though since I'm a Flames fan haha!)

What do you think about his comments?

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  13:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely not a smart PR move by Naslund. Oh well though. As you said, he's an offensive guy playing in a system centered around Luongo. He'll do much better in NYR.

Imagine, Gomez centering Naslund and Zherdev (just dealt from Columbus) Could be some good chemistry there.
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  01:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe you are too close to the subject at hand. Players frequently lash out like this, and just like Bertuzzi, his career is on the back end.

Stop your love affair with certain players and view things as they are.
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  11:29:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont believe Naslund is good enough to play on a top line anymore,
He is a second liner for the rest of his career.
His prime was from 2001-2004
Thats long gone
He is a 50 point guy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page