Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best Captain Ever In The NHL Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  09:38:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who was the best leader to wear the "C" on his jersey?

Choices:

Steve Yzerman
Raymond Bourque
Scott Stevens
Wayne Gretzky
Joe Sakic
Ron Francis
Mark Messier
Mario Lemieux
Other (name your choice)

Edited by - baimerr on 09/03/2008 13:26:09

Guest4131
( )

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  19:23:13  Reply with Quote
Obviosly Messier or Yzerman .
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  07:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's nothing remotely obvious about this....
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  12:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jean Beliveau
Go to Top of Page

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  17:19:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow kind of suprised stevens or bourque haven't been picked yet.

Edited by - baimerr on 08/22/2008 17:19:45
Go to Top of Page

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  17:20:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4131

Obviosly Messier or Yzerman .

OK, so who do you pick...?

Edited by - baimerr on 08/22/2008 17:23:27
Go to Top of Page

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  17:22:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

Jean Beliveau

hmm he coulda been a good choice too
thank you =]
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  15:03:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beliveau is my choice, Messier, Yzerman, Sakic close behind. With Iginla the best current captain.

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  12:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Axey

Beliveau is my choice, Messier, Yzerman, Sakic close behind. With Iginla the best current captain.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

I have to ask, what makes a 16 year old kid pick Beliveau over everyone else out there?
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  00:39:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MSC

quote:

Chicago Blackhawks GM

I have to ask, what makes a 16 year old kid pick Beliveau over everyone else out there?

Ouch!!

Although I certainly agree that Le Gros Bill belongs on the short-list of all-time captains!
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  11:03:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MSC

quote:

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Lol .. well for one I know my hockey, I'm a huge Habs fan and history tells the story. Just because I'm 16 doesn't mean anything btw im 18 now. I placed Messier, Sakic and Yzerman right behind him. Who I have been able to watch through my time lol What makes, you in your mid 20's, think you have more knowledge about Beliveau than me?

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Go to Top of Page

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  20:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MSC

quote:

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Lol .. well for one I know my hockey, I'm a huge Habs fan and history tells the story. Just because I'm 16 doesn't mean anything btw im 18 now. I placed Messier, Sakic and Yzerman right behind him. Who I have been able to watch through my time lol What makes, you in your mid 20's, think you have more knowledge about Beliveau than me?

Chicago Blackhawks GM

forget jim rome, axey is burning lol

heating up in here... loving it.

thats what these polls are meant to do!!

Edited by - baimerr on 09/04/2008 20:33:34
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  10:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never said I have any knowkedge of him, in fact quite the opposite. I don't know anything about him other then what I've READ. What do you know about him exactly? More specific what do you know about him that makes him a better leader then Gordie Howe or any other player from that generation?

I have no doubt you're an avid hockey fan, who knows all about history. In fact I'd say anyone who's trolling this site is probably a pretty big hockey fan. Did you know that "history" once told us that the Earth was flat?
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  15:24:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol yes I did. This is different, you can watch many hockey shows and players tell stories, you can learn from that. Look at his biographies, read them. You can learn alot from it, and I didn't say he was a better captain then Gordie Howe. I don't know too much about him but it doesn't really matter its my opinion.

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Go to Top of Page

Guest1235
( )

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  20:18:41  Reply with Quote
Yzerman is the best captain ever in the NHL..i'm from pittsburgh and live for the pens, and Mario did great things, but hands down it goes to Stevie Y. Dont think anyone can argue with me that he's one of THE best natural goal scorers to play they game, let alone during his time. Longest tenure captain of a single team, and lets not forget the number of Stanley Cups he won there. He always put the team first, and did what was needed to win and he did game in and game out. He could score goals, dish out the assists, and play defense as well. Yzerman once again is the best captain ever!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6159
( )

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  06:49:10  Reply with Quote
many years ago i saw detriot play the winnipeg jets and shanny was just going thru the motions for the first 2 periods. down 3-0 as they were leaving the ice for intermission stevie y grabbed shanny and slammed him into the glass and gave him a wicked tongue lashing. shanny came out in the 3rd scored 2 goals and was the best player on the ice. the wings won 4-3 stevie shattered his stick on the net as he left the ice but to me he showed everything it takes to be agreat captain...leadership,emotion and never being satisfied with less than100%effort from everyone on the team
Go to Top of Page

Guest8228
( )

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  08:01:15  Reply with Quote
By the way, MSC, have you voiced your selection yet?

If your logic is taken into account in other walks of life, wouldn't you too be naive in several important areas?

Trust only what you see with your own eyes? When you watch Crosby play, or <your favorite player so you don't start a new thread and avoid the topic again>, do you turn the sound down as to not be swayed by the announcer's bias?

I know that George Washington was a US president. I wasn't there.

I could go on.

The truth is that I log in each day to see how my fantasy team is doing. As I look, I see the same topics (like this one) scroll through the list about once a month. Like a car accident, I can't turn away sometimes.

In the end though, it's for discussion's sake. Make your vote and, if you disagree with another user, it seems right to AT LEAST make a selection yourself.

Then again, I've never SEEN you type on this board - so you could be a computer BOT.

Go to Top of Page

Guest8228
( )

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  08:08:07  Reply with Quote
By my estimation, it has to be Steve Yzerman. The consummate professional and clear leader of the Red Wings through the 90's at least. You could argue that he was just a great player through the 80's, but developed into a true leader under Bowman.

A great captain speaks when he needs to speak. He shows his effort and commitment on and off the ice, without using words. He does what he needs to do to make his teammates better, including reduced ice time and taking the focus off of players not yet ready to handle it.

He's the best captain I've ever seen, heard or read about. *wink*

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page